HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

now scout is suck also as well every patch make it nasty and fuzzy bunny

Announcement Contest Fansite News Event Community Preview

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 08:42 PM

View PostStingz, on February 17 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

Quite sure when most pilots unlock the Flak Cannon for scout they stop using Mini-Flak since it's much better for a 320 hp mech.

That is what you would assume. But I have seen a few players with elited scouts who are using the mini-flak. The mini may be good but or most of what the Scout gets into the flak does a better job.

#22 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 08:43 PM

View Postgripen40k, on February 18 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

View PostDesert_Fox2, on February 17 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

Try using the Flak cannon it has quite a bit more power for the situations you describe.

Quite sure when most pilots unlock the Flak Cannon for scout they stop using Mini-Flak since it's much better for a 320 hp mech.

I must be weird because I prefer the mini-flak right now, but maybe that's because I have terrible aim :D

The scout takes a tremendous amount of skill to go 1v1. If you play a fast aggressive style you'll be able to hold your own against non-close-quarters mechs. Raiders will eat you alive if you don't get the jump on them. But that is the KEY to playing scout; situational awareness and stealth. Scouts are the fastest (I think) mech in the game, and if you don't boost and stick to side-routes the enemy won't see you coming. Flank when your team is heading the assult, you will devistate the enemies from behind before they have a chance to turn around. Quickly hit objectives and pull back before the enemy has time to retaliate.

The scout is my fav mech right now, love this thing.

I would love to play with you! I am always up for a good fight. :)

#23 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted February 18 2014 - 08:55 PM

View PostDesert_Fox2, on February 18 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

That is what you would assume. But I have seen a few players with elited scouts who are using the mini-flak. The mini may be good but or most of what the Scout gets into the flak does a better job.

The Mini-Flak has a great deal more DPS it seems, but you give up the ability to peek-n-poke someone to death with cover.

It's pilot preference, but I have always preferred pump-action over semi-auto shotguns, much more solid shots.

Edited by Stingz, February 18 2014 - 08:55 PM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#24 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 09:55 PM

Okay, I just bought the scout and to be honest I was dominating 4 people at once in a mission assault round. Of course my snapshot button didnt work. This thing is epic. If you dont know how to use the mech you could be just stuck in your old playing habits. Least amount of health for a reason. Faster shotgun in the game.

Remember it is a "get your kill and get out". Use you ability to only get out of a fight and run. I stay alive usually because I book it out before I get in big trouble. Normally classes can't keep up. I sometimes boost into enemies too /:

#25 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted February 19 2014 - 10:27 AM

Just so you know, scout is a very powerful mech. In high level team play, the scout has limited use due to its health and everyone knows how to take care of them. However, they can be extremely affective. Mainly in the role of assassination. Though I have carried entire teams on this broad back of mine :)

Edited by OmegaNull, February 19 2014 - 10:33 AM.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#26 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 10:30 AM

Scout is better than ever now. Haven't used it prior to the patch, but now it's just disgusting.

#27 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostFarlanghn, on February 18 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

Okay, I just bought the scout and to be honest I was dominating 4 people at once in a mission assault round. Of course my snapshot button didnt work. This thing is epic. If you dont know how to use the mech you could be just stuck in your old playing habits. Least amount of health for a reason. Faster shotgun in the game.

Remember it is a "get your kill and get out". Use you ability to only get out of a fight and run. I stay alive usually because I book it out before I get in big trouble. Normally classes can't keep up. I sometimes boost into enemies too /:

Pretty much. However, you also do a lot of peekaboo and use cover a lot. God I love using cover take on 3 people at once. However, at higher tier play that doesn't work too well.

Oh, make sure to use radar when you are a scout. You have the biggest radar in the game.

Edited by OmegaNull, February 19 2014 - 10:49 AM.

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

#28 gripen40k

gripen40k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGTA, Canada

Posted February 19 2014 - 06:47 PM

Yeah, like I said, it's all about situational awareness in the scout. Seeing someone else on radar before they see you means you can attack first, which means you will win.

It's quite fun, although I get the impression I'm pissing people off in matches by doing that ;)

#29 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 09:52 PM

What weapons does everyone use with their scouts_ I still only have the mini flak but wondering what is a good combo. I use the heat cannon on my infil but think maybe the regular flak cannon.

#30 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 09:24 AM

I usually use Flak or Heat Cannon. I really depends on what i am trying to accomplish. However, I have used miniflak, but that is a completely different play style all together.

Posted Image

#31 Jafar

Jafar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 10:14 PM

View PostFarlanghn, on February 19 2014 - 09:52 PM, said:

What weapons does everyone use with their scouts_ I still only have the mini flak but wondering what is a good combo. I use the heat cannon on my infil but think maybe the regular flak cannon.
Use mini flack all the way, and have good results. Think scout OP =)

Edited by Jafar, February 20 2014 - 10:14 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Contest, Fansite, News, Event, Community, Preview

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users