HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Audio Cuts out A lot!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Notofthiswar

Notofthiswar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 04:38 AM

Well It just really does not work Well.  I tried playing back in Nov. and it did it then and it does it now like they never Bothered to Fix it.   My Audio Cuts in and Out and has a static Noise when doing so through out the match. Does not do it in the menu or anything just when I get in the match....This bug is keeping me from playing. Can not believe its not fixed after 3 months

#2 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted February 08 2014 - 12:53 PM

It did the same for me with this build, but after I closed Mumble it stopped.

Edited by Houruck, February 09 2014 - 01:49 PM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#3 Notofthiswar

Notofthiswar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 01:48 PM

Well I use teamspeak and While Im rather sure Since I tested it before I went to bed that Teamspeak was Shutdown but if that's is the case and say I didn't have it shutdown this game is still Unplayable as I have a Clan to run and I'm on Everyday all day.  This is Still Unacceptable  More so for it still being around 3 months later I mean Come on.  Are these Devs Just as freaking lazy as others that I have come across

#4 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostHouruck, on February 08 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

It has nothing to do with Mumble. It happened again just now, and Mumble was not running.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

Spoiler

#5 Notofthiswar

Notofthiswar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostHouruck, on February 09 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

View PostHouruck, on February 08 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

It has nothing to do with Mumble. It happened again just now, and Mumble was not running.

Yea well it still happens for me I tried Closing teamspeak again and nothing.  Still does it from the very start of the match. I still havent got Wrote back by their Support Im going to give them another day though.  If still nothing this game is once again Uninstalled but yet will never be re installed by me as I feel the Dev team Are not listening to the Players they play this game.

#6 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 03:21 AM

This happens more frequently for me. Yesterday it did it after each match and I had to restart the client. What should I post here to help to track down this bug_ I would say this is a really severe one.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

Spoiler

#7 [HWK]Hoogs

[HWK]Hoogs

Junior Engineer

• Adhesive Games
  • 177 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostHouruck, on February 11 2014 - 03:21 AM, said:

This happens more frequently for me. Yesterday it did it after each match and I had to restart the client. What should I post here to help to track down this bug_ I would say this is a really severe one.

We have noticed this for a long time. It could be the engine cutting sounds out when too many sounds are playing. I'll bring it up again!

#8 nanocage

nanocage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNRW

Posted February 15 2014 - 03:47 AM

Came here to confirm this. I didn't encounter this bug this bug for over half a year now. It reappeared with the latest patch. I remember a game, where the Steam Community overlay caused trouble. I gonna turn it of for now. If this is not the reason, then something must gone wrong on the engine side of things.

c12c3c4c5c1c6c7c8c2c9c1c3c2c3c4c4c

%10c5c5c6c6c7c7c

%11c8c9c8c9c1c2c1c2c3c4c3c4c

%10c5c5c6c6c7c7c

%11c8c8c9c1c1c2c3c2c4c5c6c3c7c8c1c23

#9 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 04:40 AM

It happened again when it started loading the next map.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

Spoiler

#10 nanocage

nanocage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNRW

Posted February 15 2014 - 10:51 AM

Ok. It happend again. It's not the community feature.

c12c3c4c5c1c6c7c8c2c9c1c3c2c3c4c4c

%10c5c5c6c6c7c7c

%11c8c9c8c9c1c2c1c2c3c4c3c4c

%10c5c5c6c6c7c7c

%11c8c8c9c1c1c2c3c2c4c5c6c3c7c8c1c23

#11 Notofthiswar

Notofthiswar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 05:07 PM

Yea I put in a Support ticket. took them about a week to Reply back...slow as hell.   They got my DXdiag and attempted to make it happen for them and they could not So they wrote me and said that they upgraded it and passed it on the the Dev team.  IF they fix it it will be in the patch notes and to keep an eye out.  

So while thats Kool and All it just doesn't Feel like Enough players are getting this issue with this game for them to bother with it so I am just  Uninstalling the game and pushing it to the Never touch again Folder.   The main deal breaker for me was that 3 months ago this was the very reason I couldn't do the Holiday Events and the same problem is still here once again Preventing me from playing.  So I'm just saying fuzzy bunny it and I will move on and never touch this game again.

#12 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted February 16 2014 - 11:50 PM

Leaving a message to say that I am now also getting this issue sporadically. I want to say that it tends to happen when the game transitions to a new round/start, but I haven't experienced it enough times to pinpoint the cause for certain.

I have never experienced this prior to the Steam patch, and when it does cut out the only way to fix it is to restart the client entirely. Other programs playing audio continue to function.

Edited by FenixStryk, February 16 2014 - 11:51 PM.

It was fun while it lasted.

#13 Notofthiswar

Notofthiswar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 12:13 AM

View PostFenixStryk, on February 16 2014 - 11:50 PM, said:

Leaving a message to say that I am now also getting this issue sporadically. I want to say that it tends to happen when the game transitions to a new round/start, but I haven't experienced it enough times to pinpoint the cause for certain.

I have never experienced this prior to the Steam patch, and when it does cut out the only way to fix it is to restart the client entirely. Other programs playing audio continue to function.
  Strange that Most of you are getting the issue when the match changes over.  I Seem to get it right off in the very first match i start every time  It doesn't matter. I can not stand to listen to it long enough to let it finish the match.  I can't play with sound muted.  So yeah.  Its annoying as all hell.

#14 newkah

newkah

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted February 17 2014 - 01:30 AM

I'm also getting this issue a lot.

The most annoying thing is that I have to leave a match that takes forever to get into and then restart the game while praying that the match slot is still there when I get back.

Edit: I have a Realtek onboard audio card if that's any help.

Edited by newkah, February 17 2014 - 01:31 AM.

#15 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 02:16 PM

Had to restart the client a lot tonight when we had our practice. Sometimes I missed the start of the match or someone took my place. :(

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

Spoiler

#16 [HWK]Hoogs

[HWK]Hoogs

Junior Engineer

• Adhesive Games
  • 177 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 09:10 PM

Hmm seems like a different issue then just a few individual audio cues cutting out (most notable with voice over sounds) that I mentioned in my previous post. All audio cutting out seems much more serious! I'll try to repro this week, maybe some settings did get changed at the engine level.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users