HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Predator for dummies: video

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 04:41 AM

A decent match with the predator...what you could do and what you SHOULD NOT do when playing the predator sums up all in this video....  

Im using the predator's stock equipped weapons and i do not have any internals or items other than the ISM disruptor equipped... died a couple of times due to me getting a bit greedy...rambo-ing and trying to 1 V 1 when you are at a major disadvantage will definately get you ripped...think and analyse the situations first before going for that kill. This is for all predator pilots out there and those who are thinking of getting the predator...does it suit your playstyle_

#2 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted February 14 2014 - 05:32 AM

Another tip:
You should never let YouTube to correct "camera shake" with HAWKEN videos. :)

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#3 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted February 14 2014 - 05:51 AM

To be honest, I prefer 1-shotting weak targets most of the time with the EOC R + EOC P combo over yours.
..Mostly because hitting with dual EOC weapons is a pain in the.. well, Thrust Nozzle.

Sometimes, you got to kill a priority target though and just die, like killing the top player or the Tech, allowing your team to make a push.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#4 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted February 14 2014 - 06:28 AM

View PostHouruck, on February 14 2014 - 05:32 AM, said:

Another tip:

This. Couldn't watch more than two minutes, got a headache.

Get your hard on.

#5 Greenvalv

Greenvalv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostHouruck, on February 14 2014 - 05:32 AM, said:

Another tip:
Watching it made me think I was tipsy...
Posted Image

#6 86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 06:56 AM

Sorry my bad. i removed the camera shake correction.

#7 oyoy

oyoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted February 14 2014 - 09:20 AM

In the days of OB youth, I was told what it means to be a mech
Now I've reached that patch, I've tried to do all those things the best I can
No matter how I try, I find my way into the same old jam

Bad times, worst times, you know I had my share
When my pred quickly dead with no infra-red
Well, I still don't seem to care

I know what it means to be alone
I sure do wish I wasn't so much respawn
I don't care what the team mate say
I'm gonna love you each and every day
You can feel the slow beat breacher loaded time
Realise, sweet team, we ain't ever gonna shine

Bad times, worst times, [etc repeated]

:D

#8 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostMeraple, on February 14 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

To be honest, I prefer 1-shotting weak targets most of the time with the EOC R + EOC P combo over yours.
..Mostly because hitting with dual EOC weapons is a pain in the.. well, Thrust Nozzle.

Sometimes, you got to kill a priority target though and just die, like killing the top player or the Tech, allowing your team to make a push.

LOL who said anything about you having to die_ I rarely die in my Pred due to not taking more than I can handle. You stick with your team, like in any mech, and support them. You lay mines in front of your team. Any one that attacks has to deal with the scattered mines. Also the Breacher is pretty powerful and has a few tricks that aren't capable with any other weapon. I also rarely use the stalker ability. I found that my desire to keep the ability active outweighed many good shots I could have taken. I am not really good in this mech. However, this is a few of the things I have learned.

#9 WTFuzzyBunny

WTFuzzyBunny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 01:53 PM

View Postoyoy, on February 14 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

In the days of OB youth, I was told what it means to be a mech
Now I've reached that patch, I've tried to do all those things the best I can
No matter how I try, I find my way into the same old jam

Bad times, worst times, you know I had my share
When my pred quickly dead with no infra-red
Well, I still don't seem to care

I know what it means to be alone
I sure do wish I wasn't so much respawn
I don't care what the team mate say
I'm gonna love you each and every day
You can feel the slow beat breacher loaded time
Realise, sweet team, we ain't ever gonna shine

Bad times, worst times, [etc repeated]

:D

Now the song is in my head, thank you.

#10 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted February 14 2014 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for the video.  I like Predator vids.  
One thing I'm surprised is how close you get to your targets_  The last death against the turret C class, I would have gotten behind cover for the 2 seconds for cloak to return and then taken another shot or two to weaken him before directly confronting.

With Predator I do well when my opponent is chasing after me, but I have trouble when I need to be the aggressor.
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#11 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted February 15 2014 - 03:04 AM

View PostDesert_Fox2, on February 14 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

View PostMeraple, on February 14 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

LOL who said anything about you having to die_ I rarely die in my Pred due to not taking more than I can handle. You stick with your team, like in any mech, and support them. You lay mines in front of your team. Any one that attacks has to deal with the scattered mines. Also the Breacher is pretty powerful and has a few tricks that aren't capable with any other weapon. I also rarely use the stalker ability. I found that my desire to keep the ability active outweighed many good shots I could have taken. I am not really good in this mech. However, this is a few of the things I have learned.

I score good in this mech, and I have posted what I have learned, and how I play.
Sometimes, when the best player/tech is low on HP, it's best to kill them, meanwhile sacrificing yourself.
It allows your team to make the push and kill the whole enemy team.

Feel free to stomp on me because you think your playing style is better, ass.
Let people play how they want. :unsure:

Posted Image

Spoiler

#12 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted February 15 2014 - 05:18 AM

Meraple, have you put up a video_
I've tried using EOC-R and haven't done too well.
I actually find the mech too specialized in "area-denial" w/ that setup.  
Also sucks against opponents who bunny hop or just hover.

Edited by DFTR, February 15 2014 - 05:19 AM.

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#13 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 06:59 AM

Your video was definately not for dummies.

Dummies implies that your showing current dummies to be better at using predator.
Your short video did not do that, I saw you die lots of times and not use predator well.
Did alot of things wrong during that match, so many I can't begin to write them all here.

At least it was entertaining to see where you was going wrong though hehe.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#14 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 08:52 AM

View PostMeraple, on February 15 2014 - 03:04 AM, said:

I score good in this mech, and I have posted what I have learned, and how I play.
Sometimes, when the best player/tech is low on HP, it's best to kill them, meanwhile sacrificing yourself.
It allows your team to make the push and kill the whole enemy team.

Feel free to stomp on me because you think your playing style is better, ass.
Let people play how they want. :unsure:

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Ok. First off I am sorry that you felt I was insulting you. When I saw this thread, on the Pred, in the Strategy and Tactics section I couldn't wait to read it. Please show me where in my previous post I insulted you. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]The Pred is my favorite mech for just playing around. I play whenever I can get away with it. When I get serious I play my Scout. That means I can't carry a team in it, which means I am not incredibly good in it. I just have learned a few tricks that I wanted to share. This is the forums. We discuss and critique each other’s tactics. In the hope of getting better. [/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]I never said that you couldn’t die, but it is rarely worth it. You chase after a guy that is at low health. With the new TTK there is a huge chance you will get killed while chasing him, or he will drop a health orb around a corner begin to heal and turn on you when you come around. Hitting targets in CQC is rather hard at times in the Pred and you can’t rely on it except in an emergency. In both those cases you don’t get any xp or kills. [/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]When you see a target at low health and you aren’t really in combat just start laying mines on all the exits leading away from combat. Anyone that is running isn’t going to be looking for mines and you should get him. That has worked for me and a few other Pred players multiple times. [/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]The goal of most matches is to get more kills than the enemy team. If you kill someone then die you haven’t gotten an advantage over the enemy team and you both have to respawn and rush back to the battle field. Now if the top player runs off to repair you have a few precious seconds to, with your team, hit them hard. The have lost their top player from combat, assuming that the only guy you would run after is a low health top scorer. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Feel free to critique me and offer your own insights. I just felt I had to share this from what I saw of your playing in the video. [/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]I do not think that I am that good. Against a majority of players I really stink. Though they are higher than me so of course they should do better. lol[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]O, yeah, as others have stated the EOC Repeater has a really narrow use. It can be used in CQC and I have seen it done, but if you fire both of the EOCs at the same time with continues fire you are going to over heat so fast the Incinerator would be jealous. [/font]

Edited by Desert_Fox2, February 15 2014 - 08:53 AM.

#15 1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 10:39 AM

Nice poetry oyoy! The Hawken-girls will love you ;-)

Let me say that I am glad you play the Pred b/c you are not that dangerous in it as in your inf. :-)
I prefer good players who play not so easy to handle mechs instead of typical pubstomping everyone around. Of course this is always a question of team balance. I play mostly pred when I know my team does a good job on it's own and I have the time walking around to do the one big surprise - which mostly don't work like expected.
Watching Xacius stream is very entertaining when you see him not in the typical mechs he handles very well (inf, ss, reaper...) but in grenadier and such. This can be inspiring and doesn't feel so repetitive.

#16 86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 08:17 AM

View PostDFTR, on February 14 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

Thanks for the video.  I like Predator vids.  
One thing I'm surprised is how close you get to your targets_  The last death against the turret C class, I would have gotten behind cover for the 2 seconds for cloak to return and then taken another shot or two to weaken him before directly confronting.

With Predator I do well when my opponent is chasing after me, but I have trouble when I need to be the aggressor.
...Yeah, its kinda hard to adopt to its play style when most of the time you are playing with a berserker...Playing predator berserker style = suicide I figured to aim the breecher effectively its better to stand still and take aim at the target, best is when he isnt aware of you.

@1uster, yeah! i find playing my zerker or reaper can be boring at times when you become so good at them, trying to play with the heavier B and C class mechs can add some "spice" to my hawken experience, now i only use my zerker/reaper for high level play while i try to use the bigger mechs such as the pred, incinerator(recently) for some casual play. Would be moving on to try out the raider and assault mech next time

Edited by 86, February 16 2014 - 08:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users