HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Incinerator, should I get it_

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationThe country of tea and crumpets

Posted February 14 2014 - 11:02 AM

The Incinerator looks badass.
There's no denying it.

However, people in-game have been saying that it's not worth the HC, or it's bad, etc etc.
I'm a support-ish kinda guy (even though I despise the Tech)

Could you give me some of your views and opinions on this mech, and whether or not I should get it_
Thanks.
Posted Image

#2 Greenvalv

Greenvalv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 11:11 AM

I guess wait for when it gets a trial run_
Posted Image

#3 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted February 14 2014 - 11:18 AM

get it while its not nerfed, such a beast

- lok'tar ogar -

#4 BlackCephie

BlackCephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted February 14 2014 - 11:30 AM

Where the hell is the Incinerator spotlight video_!
Posted Image

#5 heavylegs

heavylegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSocal

Posted February 14 2014 - 11:57 AM

I guess you could play it effectively as support, try frontlining though.

It's awesome!

#6 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted February 14 2014 - 12:12 PM

I'd say get it and enjoy it while it's OP.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#7 Logicus

Logicus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCovington, KY

Posted February 14 2014 - 05:40 PM

I picked one up and so far, meh... but I have to get used to it, I suppose.. the cannon seems slowish though it deals decent damage per hit... still getting around with the heat transfer weapon...

#8 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted February 14 2014 - 07:08 PM

Incinerator has unlimited firepower, literally, and you don't have to play as support to support your team, you'll just suck their heat without even knowing. I had couple games with it and it was pretty fun.
Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#9 Sinekrily

Sinekrily

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 07:40 PM

Dilophosaurus is pretty good, fun also. Once you get the hang of it it's pretty GOAT, but i believe it will get nerfed.
Be aware of some bugs tho.

#10 PUNISHER88

PUNISHER88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted February 14 2014 - 09:21 PM

Just saw the Incinerator on twitch and was drooling..... I want it, i need it... Now the question is can you activate the teabag of death in mid air and BODY SLAM!!!!!!!
Time to grind for those Hawken credits....

Oh and yes you should get it, the possibilities are endless....

#11 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted February 16 2014 - 06:09 AM

I consider myself fairly hellbent on being a C Class Sustained user, but at least in the case of the Baby Bear Incinerator I wasn't impressed. Baby doesn't offer DPS on the level of Vulcan/Mini-Flak+GL, and while the heat mechanic and sumo squat are unique, I don't feel they are game-changing tools.

I will offer a more complete opinion once I test out the Papa and Mama Bear variants. I am not convinced when others say that they take too long to spin up. If other Mechs are offering better sustained than the Cinder, then the main reason to use Inky would be for the heat aspect -- something Papa should* offer you more effectively in bursts should you keep it spinning well enough.

It was fun while it lasted.

#12 Triskelion

Triskelion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 02:11 PM

FenixStryk, on February 16 2014 - 06:09 AM, said:

I consider myself fairly hellbent on being a C Class Sustained user, but at least in the case of the Baby Bear Incinerator I wasn't impressed. Baby doesn't offer DPS on the level of Vulcan/Mini-Flak+GL, and while the heat mechanic and sumo squat are unique, I don't feel they are game-changing tools.

I will offer a more complete opinion once I test out the Papa and Mama Bear variants. I am not convinced when others say that they take too long to spin up. If other Mechs are offering better sustained than the Cinder, then the main reason to use Inky would be for the heat aspect -- something Papa should* offer you more effectively in bursts should you keep it spinning well enough.

I tend to agree.
I love the way the incinerator works, I love everything about it from the weapons to the playstyle, but in terms of actual performance I can do way better with pretty much any other heavy consistently.

In terms of weapons:

The baby is by far the easiest to use, and honestly, probably the most rewarding. Consistent, decent at mid range, and simple. Plus it lets you fire constantly and deal with heat using the secondary.

The mama is a piece of garbage. Sorry, but even the potential to overheat things isn't worth the DPS decrease and the pathetic bulletspeed. Yeah, it travels at roughly the same rate as the cannon, but it's not worth giving up so much when you can just overheat people with the charge, if you like it (and the splash is beyond mediocre). Plus it's horrendously inaccurate. You use it less as a supporty weapon as much as you just try to run things down into a corner.

The papa is by far my favorite weapon on it, but the hardest to use and the least rewarding. It generates SO MUCH HEAT that even if you keep the cannon on the heavy setting constantly, it will still overheat itself. On one hand, that seems pretty cool, but the heavy setting is only 20 more damage with a slightly larger blast, and the papa seems to cause overall lower DPS because you can't fire it constantly (you have to let it spool back up and manage the heat usage, and the spool up is really as dreadful as it sounds. I get that it's supposed to be difficult to use, and I like that it's difficult, but the risk/reward of overheating doesn't cut it.).

Furthermore, the lack of a shield is really irritating, and the extremely low time to kill makes the ability pretty garbage. If you do decide to use it, you'll probably deal half damage to what you're fighting before blowing up, causing it to be sort of a suicide ability or just to mess with players you can easily overpower.

All in all, I don't see why people think it's overpowered. Overpowered is dealing with decent vanguards flanked by a technician. If anything, slight tweaking on the weapon choices would be welcome, I just can't find a reason to reliably use anything but the standard gun. I really like the mech, but it doesn't perform well enough to totally replace my vanguard or my brawler as a go-to mech, but more of a mess around mech.

#13 SuperTeddyBear

SuperTeddyBear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 02:27 PM

there's a  thread that says it has 700 HP_ does it have anything else to help with armor_ because i was in a match where i couldn't kill any in an assault but i checked their pings and one was 250 and another was 350

#14 Triskelion

Triskelion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 02:43 PM

Let me add one caveat to what I said earlier: In co-op, the papa bear is hilariously good, because you can tweak your heat gen to just enough to fire forever. That's pretty much the only use i've found for it.

#15 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted February 16 2014 - 08:27 PM

Touched the Papa Bear just long enough to form an opinion on it:
I'm fairly sure this is the best weapon for the Incinerator in terms of increasing survivability; it has the highest "burst" sustained damage, sitting at a whopping 238 DPS. This is far beyond anything the Baby can hope to do consistently (161 DPS) and even higher than what Mini-Flak Van offers (176 DPS). Can you fire it forever_ No; but who in their right mind needs that sort of thing_

Thus far I have found that the sweet spot is three SAARE rotations to maintain heat, and a range of 0.75 to 3 seconds to keep Papa revving (typically, 1.4 seconds of movement followed by a single shot to reset the timer). The pattern seems to be: Rev Papa for 3 seconds -> [Papa Active] -> SAARE x3 -> [Inactive; evasion phase here] -> repeat from [Papa Active]. A 2 SAARE rotation is what you'll rely on in peek-a-boo, while a max of 4 SAAREs with Papa firing is possible without overheating.

The best part about Papa is that you don't need to waste item slots on Heat Mines to enter Charged SAARE mode; you have it all the time. Admittedly, you'll be forced to suck on Papa's 3s rev-up time whenever you respawn, need to repair or need to lay low on radar, but in general there's no reason to be low on heat in any of these situations -- i.e., you still have your SAARE to cover you if you do get caught.

I will need to play it more to decide whether or not I like M.F. Vanguard more, but actually being able to play peek-a-boo at the most basic level is a huge boon over what the BBY can do.

It was fun while it lasted.

#16 Balrogos

Balrogos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 03:21 AM

This is my two videos from training and TDM:

In my opinion its true that this mech is support CQC but in random gameplays its sucks very hard the light mechs is the problem, the sec weapon is very slow have splash so its possible to cornering always need a engie on the back but its random so you dont get support and you dont get engi :( the prestige weapon is the worst weapon i ever see unable to hit uber slow gravity. And in hawken there is no typical CQCc maps

#17 SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationThe country of tea and crumpets

Posted February 17 2014 - 04:00 AM

I have bought the Incinerator.
I'm impressed, you can fire for the whole match if you really wanted to.
The default weapons are fine in my opinion.
I give the Incinerator a 7/10
Posted Image

#18 ZeketheGeek

ZeketheGeek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUnited States: Goode, Virginia

Posted February 17 2014 - 04:24 AM

New player here, I used whatever stuff they gave me from Steam to get it. I sucked with it at first, but once I got a good lobby with guys helping me figure out the game I was right there in the fray (thanks to my new buds, great community helped me out as soon as I got in!). Had one match on Origin in that cubby where a tech was on me, he and I practically suppressed the entire enemy team with the mama bear. Manuverability is pretty good, as long as you stay revved and check your rear.

I love this game, 2 days and I already got a nice group of guys to have friendly competitions with. :D

Edited by ZeketheGeek, February 17 2014 - 04:24 AM.

Aviation Mechanic-in-training

#19 CW3MH6

CW3MH6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 10:20 PM

Bought the incinerator earlier today, already love it. Went 18-0 my first match with it (TDM). If you can land the secondary reliably, I don't think much can compare. Love hitting a Class A in mid-air with the secondary and watching it explode. If you have a friendly tech to back you up, you are pretty much unstoppable.

#20 raddaddio

raddaddio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 02:55 PM

Well, my mind is made up. I was grinding all weekend to get this bad boy. Glad to see it won't be in vain.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users