HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Incinerator or Rocketeer_

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ronteque

Ronteque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 09:38 PM

I was really excited for the Incinerator.

Until I read online that people who have tried it said it is just a really weak mech.

With the current meta leaning towards long range poking and dodging, Incinerator does not fit well at all.

1) Primary weapon is a weaker version of the Vulcan
2) Secondary weapon is a weaker version of the tow launcher
3) Ability puts you into a 1.5s unmovable state
4) Ability explosion area is so minimal that it can easily be dodged

So should I just get the rocketeer instead_ Lock-on, fire and forget is like... so easy_

Edited by Ronteque, February 14 2014 - 09:38 PM.

#2 Umbre

Umbre

Cat/Xeno Hybrid

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Canada

Posted February 14 2014 - 09:42 PM

Might as well get the Rocketeer with that new map "Bunker" in the game. That map is a hellfire spam-fest.

#3 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 10:41 PM

View PostRonteque, on February 14 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

Until I read online that people who have tried it said it is just a really weak mech.

With the current meta leaning towards long range poking and dodging, Incinerator does not fit well at all.

So should I just get the rocketeer instead_ Lock-on, fire and forget is like... so easy_
Everything you said is true.

I have the full loadout. Incinerator is in dire need of a tweak.

Go for the Rocketeer.

Edited by Spliff_Craven, February 14 2014 - 10:41 PM.

#4 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted February 14 2014 - 10:57 PM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on February 14 2014 - 10:41 PM, said:

Go for the Rocketeer.

I disagree,

The Inci is very powerful in close range and specially against sustained fire.
His abillity to absorb heat and use it for his own use makes it very powerful. I mean he damages everyone in a specific area and the best:
The more heat he absorbed, the larged the radius is and so the damage delivered.
His abillity to absorb heat also is available for himself makign it possible to permashoot your weapons.
However this things is thought to be a support class and is more effective in a team or in a fight with many mechs so don't expect it to be the brutal bruiser on the battlefield.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#5 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 15 2014 - 12:37 AM

View PostFakeName, on February 14 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

View PostSpliff_Craven, on February 14 2014 - 10:41 PM, said:

Go for the Rocketeer.

I disagree,

The Inci is very powerful in close range and specially against sustained fire.
His abillity to absorb heat and use it for his own use makes it very powerful. I mean he damages everyone in a specific area and the best:
The more heat he absorbed, the larged the radius is and so the damage delivered.
His abillity to absorb heat also is available for himself makign it possible to permashoot your weapons.
However this things is thought to be a support class and is more effective in a team or in a fight with many mechs so don't expect it to be the brutal bruiser on the battlefield.

This is a total support mech, used correctly you can passively help you're team just by being near them. It is also viable at all ranges. The closer the more damage you can accomplish. You can literally shoot the whole match.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#6 Ronteque

Ronteque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 12:54 AM

Okay, I made the plunge and bought the Incinerator. I love it! ARGH!!!. The Brawler is a POS compared to the Incinerator. I was afraid the Incinerator will suck just like my Brawler. It is my first mech (Excluding fred), and it has left me an awful initial impression of the C-classes. (I always choose the heavyweight and most bulky classes in games, so of course I'd pick a C class mech in this game and Brawler's description fits what I was looking for. But sadly, it failed to live up to what it is advertised as. A tank_ My ass! More like a walking cannon fodder, a sitting duck.)

Now.. the Incinerator, finishing people off with the ability is great fun. I repeat, finishing people off. Incinerator ability should not be used to deal damage, it is only used as a last resort to finish someone off or to go out in a blast when you know you are done for and hope one of your teammate will finish them off for you.

I love how I literally never need to stop firing my gatling gun. Standing near my teammates to collect heat from them so they can fire more rounds without overheating which is really helpful. Using their heat as a weapon for myself.

No downtime at all... AWESOME! He does suck at range though. Team deathmatch and deathmatch where people just play poke and dodge with sharpshooters is his main weakness.

But in objective based games like Siege or Missile silo, he is bloody awesome to play.

Edited by Ronteque, February 15 2014 - 12:56 AM.

#7 Logicus

Logicus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCovington, KY

Posted February 15 2014 - 02:25 AM

The incinerator is awesome... but it's not for every level...
I resort to my rocketeer for those levels...

#8 driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted February 15 2014 - 02:22 PM

I think the incinerator is the perfectly balanced mech.
Posted Image
"...Then I presume the complex murder algorithm that masquerades as his cerebral cortex was done analyzing my panicked stumbling and he flattened me."  -Amidatelion on Xacius.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users