HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Incinerator B3-AR: MAMA Problems

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted February 19 2014 - 09:35 AM

The Abilities range and damage are conditional depending on how much heat is built up in your mech at the time. Its most powerful just before overheat.

#22 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationUS East - Florida

Posted February 19 2014 - 11:19 AM

I could deal with the slower rate of fire if just maybe you could hit what you were aiming at with the 2-5 shots you can get off before you have to dodge again and reset your spinning barrel.

The updated the game to buff PPA (the one I didn't buy) and the only change to M4MA was to add MORE HEAT than it already had.

So disappointing on so many levels.
"Hey Ridley, you got any Beeman's_"
"Yeah, I think I might got me a stick."
"Loan me some will you, I'll pay you back later"

- Cpt. Chuck Yeager / Lt. Jack Ridley, The Right Stuff

#23 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 10:14 PM

Still waiting for someone to tell me the M4MA is useful or that it is actually used. Or anyone who mains Incinerator likes the balance.

Edit: I now fit this requirement. I main M4MA now that I finally figured out how to use it. I am still not as effective as I am with BBY yet, but I finally figured out what I was missing.

It still needs a little buff to it's capability as an actual weapon

Edited by CptCoy, February 20 2014 - 02:53 PM.

#24 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 10:40 PM

I understand most other players have other mechs unlocked and are happy to keep playing but I main Incinerator, and would like to discuss why it sucks so much right now.

I still want to know why the ingame stats make no sense, don't match the actual performance, along with the description that also doesn't apply. The retarded stat preview led me to waste my money on a weapon that doesn't do anything it says it does.

Edited by CptCoy, February 20 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#25 PUNISHER88

PUNISHER88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted February 20 2014 - 12:02 AM

Everything you said and more the papa is just as bad, it overheats like no tomorrow. Matter a fact it  heats up the incinerator so quick that your fire gun cant disperse it in time so you have to stop shooting only to have to spin the gun up again...sucks

The devs need to sit down and actually use this mech cause the choices they have used till now are ludicrous, and plain unproductive for the incinerator pilots...

Oh and the patch made things worse if you didn't know... Good old devs never a step forward, always two steps behind.

#26 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 12:07 AM

I figured out the problem, and the benefit I was missing.

I did not know about the utility fire, because I never tried it and was never told about it.

It takes more heat and has more AOE (read: easier to hit with) and with M4MA disperses enough heat if you exclusively use that mode. I finally figured out how to use this weapon and keep it spun up without overheating, but you should add the utility fire to the tutorial, because I had to learn the hard way.

#27 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 12:20 AM

View PostPUNISHER88, on February 20 2014 - 12:02 AM, said:

Everything you said and more the papa is just as bad, it overheats like no tomorrow. Matter a fact it  heats up the incinerator so quick that your fire gun cant disperse it in time so you have to stop shooting only to have to spin the gun up again...sucks

The devs need to sit down and actually use this mech cause the choices they have used till now are ludicrous, and plain unproductive for the incinerator pilots...

Oh and the patch made things worse if you didn't know... Good old devs never a step forward, always two steps behind.

Try using the alternate fire mode I just found out about. I am again seeing the ever-increasing glory of the Incinerator. Increased AOE and sustained fire with the increased heat rate of Mama Bear. Papa Bear overheats way to fast, it doesn't even make sense with that damage and fire rate why it needs to overheat. I can't disperse that much heat to keep it spun up in combat, even though I finally figured out how to do so with M4MA.

Still, Mama I only like for the heat generation and remains useless and too easy to dodge as an actual weapon.

Edit: I have since found out that even with this method, the PPA overheats way too fast. It is as Punisher said, unusable.

Edited by CptCoy, February 21 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#28 Bea5t

Bea5t

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted February 20 2014 - 08:36 AM

You know, that the projectiles are Heat infused, meaning by shooting your enemy you can overheat them_ Also, if it projectiles arc and move slow, it should be perfect in combination with the smaller, also arcing 1st SAAR mode. This means, you connect your primary AND secondary shots when you hit. With BABY you have to aim directly on the enemy. Also higher Heat on MAMA means you can spam your secondary stupidly fast. On paper this sounds great, have to unlock it soon.

Edited by Bea5t, February 20 2014 - 08:41 AM.

#29 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted February 20 2014 - 08:56 AM

The M4MA is probably better for suppressing fire in Siege mode, where there isn't much room to move due to the AA platform.
Both unlocks apparently have a long way to go in terms of balancing.

Edited by Stingz, February 20 2014 - 08:57 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#30 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted February 20 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostBea5t, on February 20 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

You know, that the projectiles are Heat infused, meaning by shooting your enemy you can overheat them_ Also, if it projectiles arc and move slow, it should be perfect in combination with the smaller, also arcing 1st SAAR mode. This means, you connect your primary AND secondary shots when you hit. With BABY you have to aim directly on the enemy. Also higher Heat on MAMA means you can spam your secondary stupidly fast. On paper this sounds great, have to unlock it soon.

I have been testing all 3 guns in Training and Co-op mainly to try and get the mechanics down pat. So far the Baby is easiest to use but has an effectiveness ceiling due to not generating as much heat as the other two, which limits DPS on the SAAR. Momma is the sweet spot for me - by using big-ball mode :P I can keep the heat coming and string fireballs in a steady stream until I lose mental focus / timing  or have to boost. Poppa generates heat so fast that combined with passive heat getting pulled from teammates I overheat way too often and at the worst possible times.

In unorganized team PvP game modes I don't do very well but I can imagine doing well with a team that knows how to play around an Incinerator. (If they would not block my shots / stay near my sides so I can leech off thier heat, protect my flanks and not all run away at once the Incinerator would be viable. Tech + Incinerator should be an insane heat dynamic also.)

In Co-op the Incinerator is my new go-to mech. The ability to fire non-stop and do so much damage is insane vs. AI.

Edited by Wasabi_Wei, February 20 2014 - 09:55 AM.

Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#31 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 02:55 PM

View PostPUNISHER88, on February 20 2014 - 12:02 AM, said:

I recently unlocked and tried the PPA and it overheats even faster than M4MA, just way too fast.

#32 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostWasabi_Wei, on February 20 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

I have been testing all 3 guns in Training and Co-op mainly to try and get the mechanics down pat. So far the Baby is easiest to use but has an effectiveness ceiling due to not generating as much heat as the other two, which limits DPS on the SAAR. Momma is the sweet spot for me - by using big-ball mode :P I can keep the heat coming and string fireballs in a steady stream until I lose mental focus / timing  or have to boost. Poppa generates heat so fast that combined with passive heat getting pulled from teammates I overheat way too often and at the worst possible times.

In unorganized team PvP game modes I don't do very well but I can imagine doing well with a team that knows how to play around an Incinerator. (If they would not block my shots / stay near my sides so I can leech off thier heat, protect my flanks and not all run away at once the Incinerator would be viable. Tech + Incinerator should be an insane heat dynamic also.)

In Co-op the Incinerator is my new go-to mech. The ability to fire non-stop and do so much damage is insane vs. AI.

That's my primary problem at the moment, now that I figured out how to fire the alternate SAARE. Teammates are constantly dodging right in front of me while I am spun up with M4MA, blocking my shot and if they are close enough, causing myself a little bit of splash damage. I do have Failsafe for that reason though. When it happens with the mega AOE SAARE it's even worse.

The M4MA needs reworking, like a faster travel time, or faster rate of fire.

#33 Neo_ST

Neo_ST

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 03:15 PM

View PostCptCoy, on February 20 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

I did not know about the utility fire, because I never tried it and was never told about it.

It takes more heat and has more AOE (read: easier to hit with) and with M4MA disperses enough heat if you exclusively use that mode. I finally figured out how to use this weapon and keep it spun up without overheating, but you should add the utility fire to the tutorial, because I had to learn the hard way.

Can you please explain what do I need to do, because I just bought Incinerator and equipped it with that largest cannon, but it just overheats too quickly and I'm first to die in coop mode, let alone any other. I don't understand.
Also, what is that red area triggered by some kind of grenade that launches when I press "R" _

#34 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 03:22 PM

When firing the M4MA and 1st SAAR at the same time, you are guaranteed to overheat. I didn't even know the different modes arced differently.

#35 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 03:28 PM

View PostNeo_ST, on February 20 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

View PostCptCoy, on February 20 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

Can you please explain what do I need to do, because I just bought Incinerator and equipped it with that largest cannon, but it just overheats too quickly and I'm first to die in coop mode, let alone any other. I don't understand.
Also, what is that red area triggered by some kind of grenade that launches when I press "R" _

First, the red area is your equipped item. It can be fired by pressing "1" or also "R" by default (I have rebound this as I keep hitting it out of reflex in an attempt to vent heat).

It is a heat charge, and causes anybody (even you) to gain heat rapidly when in it's AOE (the red stuff). Use it to overheat heavies or throw it on top the AA or energy stations to deny enemy access.

Second, press Middle Mouse Button (I also rebound this) to toggle the alternate SAARE, which consumes more heat, enough to keep M4MA cool, and has a larger AOE. I have heard varying opinions it also has more damage, I haven't confirmed.

Last tip, if you keep right clicking, you can fire your next SAARE before the reloading animation has even finished. Spam those salvos, never stop firing. M4MA has to stay spun up to be useful, which means you can't stop firing your SAARE either. I release my SAARE in bursts of 2-3 usually. One shot on either side of cover to keep them suppressed.

#36 Neo_ST

Neo_ST

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 11:08 AM

Thanks, but what is AOE, SAARE, AA _

#37 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted February 21 2014 - 12:50 PM

AOE = Area of Effect. The ball of damage from the fireball.
SAARE = The secondary weapon in the mech's right arm. If the center bar of your cross-hair is vertical  |  then you shoot larger balls of fire from the SAARE that dump more heat than the smaller fireballs if the cross-hair is horizontal  -- . By default Middle Mouse Button (pressing down on the scroll wheel of the mouse) toggles between these two modes on the SAARE launcher. The Raider Mech has the same mechanic with its' Corsair KLA / MIRV toggling between fireball 'nades and explosive Flechette rounds.
AA = Anti-Artillery missile battery in Siege modes. They are the central reference point on any map, although on Siege you must control it to win.

Edited by Wasabi_Wei, February 21 2014 - 12:50 PM.

Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#38 Neo_ST

Neo_ST

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 01:56 PM

Thanks, I noticed that crosshair turns vertical after middle mouse, but didn't know what's it for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users