HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Vanguard Internals

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elladan

Elladan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 04:44 AM

Hi,

as I can still consider myself as some kind of newbie, I'd like to ask for some advices in meaning of internals for Vanguard mech

atm I'm having shock coil and failsafe (I often fall off things and punch nades in the cqc)

and all the rest internals are made for specific kind of "live-safer" - they are brought on specific kind of situation, when I see I'm alone and again a fught I have no chance to win - so I package my turret on my back turn around and... RUN FOR YOUUURRR LIFEEEEES or trying to do sth like that.

so I have deflectors (that better ones) and fuel converter there.

my playstyle is sth like: go to them setup turret and start spreading bullets and do what you can to not let them manouver to hit your backs.

from devices I have detonator mk2 and planning to have mg turret mk2 also.
saving hc's on point d volcan weapon meanwhile running with SMC

so any advices what I could change to be more efficient in what I'm doing (tbh tactic with going out of turret turn aroud and run away are not very often succesfull - especially when some A-class will decide to pursue)
"There are only 10 types of people: those who konws, binary, those who don't and those whoa were not expecting a jok about tetriary...."

"cause I am the VANGUARD"[pic W.I.P here]

#2 Requiem132

Requiem132

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted February 19 2014 - 05:31 AM

I would suggest only using turret mode when backed into a corner and your low on health. Its better to use ur mobility as being the fastest C class in the game and also use your dodge keys to make them miss (secondary fire). Use deflectors, advanced armor fusor, basic fuel converter (try this out). Det 2/Emp2, Det 2/Health orb 2. Choose between these two maybe_ Just make sure to dodge correctly to avoid TOW missles or Grenade launcher and use your sustain fire too an advantage, Always press and make your shots count to be as successful as possible. Hope this helps..

Posted Image

[font=comic sans ms', ', cursive]Violent Resolution | -vR. [/font]

[font=comic sans ms', cursive]"When Diplomacy Fails"[/font]
http://vr-gaming.org[font=comic sans ms', cursive] | Multi-Gaming Clan[/font]
[font=comic sans ms', cursive]Looking for Gamers 18+[/font]

#3 Elladan

Elladan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 08:03 AM

@Requiem actually as my current experience proves to me going into battle when not in the turret mode results in very rapid drop on health - maybe thats me, but I just can't in any bigger fight dodge 90% of stuff that in turret mode would have minimalised efect while I'll not get some nasty enemy on my back.

and in face to face meetings with incinerators actually I just can't get on him while in turret mode it isn't so difficult :)
ofc I'm trying to learn to not overuse turret mode but when our team engage enemy team (I play only TDM atm) the only way I see to survive and do my job well is to go into turret mode.

PS. I'm always pressing thats why I have to be so carefull cause If in turret mode I'll press in wrong way I end with half enemies sitting on my backs :)

about internals: I already use deflectors (not sure which on those 2slot version)and basic fuel converter but not sure which one was that adv armor fusor....

haven't check emp how it would work in practive but actually will check out both emp version and health orb version of items :)

PS2. I have also tankiest turret mode from all c-classes :P it is important to use all advantages of my mech :P

anyway I'd still love to hear more advices about internals for my vanguard - the more I'll know the bigger chance I'll make right choices :)
"There are only 10 types of people: those who konws, binary, those who don't and those whoa were not expecting a jok about tetriary...."

"cause I am the VANGUARD"[pic W.I.P here]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users