HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Heat Cannon

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jafar

Jafar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 11:42 AM

Heat Cannon playable_
   My KD rating in almost all the battles more than one. On any robot with any weapon. But the heat cannon for me, just something fantastically complex. All my hits - pure coincidence.
   The possibility of the explosion damage on flying A-classes excluded - there is only a direct hit, BUT! speed even charged projectile heat gun slow enough to the enemy managed to shift in favour. Remains only to predict the trajectory of the enemy and strike pre-emptively. It needs to be a mind-reader. Plus to this low rate of fire...
   TOW missiles and GL at least you can blow up close with the enemy. Heat cannon hits the horizon.
On the servers I almost never see the pilot with these weapons. This suggests that the problem is not only mine.

So is it time to fix the heat cannon_

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English.

Edited by Jafar, February 19 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#2 plons

plons

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 11:53 AM

lol heatcanon need practice  ......if you train a lot you gonna be better

the most difficult weapon to play with .......

Edited by plons, February 19 2014 - 11:54 AM.

#3 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted February 19 2014 - 12:08 PM

The heat cannon is a perfectly viable weapon. You must utilize corner play and charged shots or have great aim with it to continuously land uncharged shots. Unlike many of the other weapons in hwk it will require you to put in many hours to master but, you will eventually be able to land uncharged direct hits against those pesky metal butterflies fluttering around. Charging your heat cannon reduces your DPS(Damage per second) to such a low number that in a sustain fight you are guaranteed to lose unless you dramatically outplay your opponent .

It's charged DPS is lower than that of EVERY weapon in the game so if you want to win a fight fire uncharged, outplay your opponent through complex movement or learn to use a corner very well.

Edited by Exeon, February 19 2014 - 12:09 PM.

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#4 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted February 19 2014 - 12:32 PM

Heat is my 2nd fav weapon. I use it on Scout ALL DAY LONG! Because heat + TOW = EPIC WOMBO COMBO! (take an optional det and you have 3 projectiles flying without bullet drop to your target :) )

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#5 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 12:34 PM

I have good success with it, in fact it's the only weapon I can use well other than the eoc. You pretty much always have to put something between you and you're opponent though.

Edited by Cyclonus, February 19 2014 - 12:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users