HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Battleship Turrets

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 amade

amade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationKelana Jaya

Posted February 20 2014 - 01:36 PM

I remember back when BB turrets in siege mode used to be a minor annoyance as it whittled away mechs' HP. But I haven't played the game in a long while and only came back when the steam update rolled in. Now when I play siege, is it just me or does it not shoot at players any more_

I do notice that in some matches, when the team has given up on AA, players would shoot down the turrets first before aiming for the engines. Are these people wasting their time against non-threatening turrets or does it actually reduce the damage taken by the base_

#2 XxFarrenxX

XxFarrenxX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 01:51 PM

Battleship turrets now serve as more Battle ship dps, rather than picking at you. With both turrets the ship does 9 dps, with no turrets it does 6. Ship health scales now, AA launch time scales with number of players.

#3 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted February 20 2014 - 01:52 PM

Yes, they changed it so that the turrets no longer shoot at players. They only shoot at the bases and other battleships. It makes things more interesting than before and there are a lot less one-sided games, because once a battleship gets past the halfway point, it starts shooting at the enemy base.
Shooting the turrets cuts the damage in half, iirc, so it's good practice to shoot them out as soon as possible if you don't have control of the AA. Battleship DPS and health has also changed a bit.

Edited by nokari, February 20 2014 - 01:53 PM.

Posted Image

#4 amade

amade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationKelana Jaya

Posted February 20 2014 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for the info guys.

#5 kerberan

kerberan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 04:10 PM

To me, shooting at battleship is like pissing on a burning house.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users