HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Balance Hotfix: 2/27

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 27 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostTWDaboss, on February 27 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

You can say that about any mech...
No you can't.

Outplaying even a moderately decent Infil (or similar class) is a lot more difficult than outplaying a great G2 Assault.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#22 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted February 27 2014 - 04:02 PM

View PostTWDaboss, on February 27 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

View PostSkrill, on February 27 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

Yup, but it is still going to be super easy to outplay

You can say that about any mech...
Not really, I have run into several people who are normally much better then me playing a g2 and i have been able to easily kill them playing peekaboo with just about any mech carrying a grenade launcher or TOW.
Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

#23 hawken00

hawken00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted February 27 2014 - 04:26 PM

Is there an official spreadsheet showing the current dps/dmg of every weapon_ I've seen one somewhere but I don't think it is accurate

#24 and_zero

and_zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted February 27 2014 - 05:08 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on February 27 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

Greetings pilots!

We've made a few small balance changes to the XT Vulcan weapon on the G2 Assault mech. We agree that the mech needed to be a bit stronger so we decided to tweak the XT Vulcan slightly to increase the mech's viability.

XT Vulcan
  • Increased damage from 13.5 to 15.5
  • Decreased heat per shot from 1.2 to 1.1
  • Reduced spread by 10%
These changes are currently live and did not require a patch or server downtime.

I have a data limit at home so I had to travel to download the game. This is a big deal for me as I am very sick/in a wheelchair etc. :/

Yesterday there was a 500mb patch for the "minor" content update. But alright thats fine. But then today with the balance hotfix which "did not require a patch or server downtime. " there is another 522mb patch___  I checked and the game size on disk did not change at all.

Is something bugged or are there just no/incredibly bad patch notes_

Please help_  Thank you

Sorry I am a forum noob and dont know how to fix that strange highlighting

Edited by and_zero, February 27 2014 - 05:13 PM.

#25 Noptics

Noptics

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 27 2014 - 05:22 PM

View Postand_zero, on February 27 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

Greetings pilots!

We've made a few small balance changes to the XT Vulcan weapon on the G2 Assault mech. We agree that the mech needed to be a bit stronger so we decided to tweak the XT Vulcan slightly to increase the mech's viability.

XT Vulcan
  • Increased damage from 13.5 to 15.5
  • Decreased heat per shot from 1.2 to 1.1
  • Reduced spread by 10%
These changes are currently live and did not require a patch or server downtime.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I have a data limit at home so I had to travel to download the game. This is a big deal for me as I am very sick/in a wheelchair etc. :/[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Yesterday there was a 500mb patch for the "minor" content update. But alright thats fine. But then today with the balance hotfix which "did not require a patch or server downtime. " there is another 522mb patch___  I checked and the game size on disk did not change at all.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Is something bugged or are there just no/incredibly bad patch notes_[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Please help_  Thank you[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Sorry I am a forum noob and dont know how to fix that strange highlighting[/font]

Only just managed to refrain from posting this myself about an hour ago.

WTF guys, it's 500 MB everytime I sit down to play...WHICH IS NEARLY EVERY DAY

/huff

ALRIGHT! 4 days without an update, I take it all back...

Edited by Noptics, March 04 2014 - 01:05 AM.

#26 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted February 27 2014 - 07:07 PM

Good update! The AG2 feels a LOT better now..! I can actually feel the damage and accuracy increase, and kills feel really satisfying. There are better mechs, but I can definitely say it's more fun to play now.

#27 LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationRussia, Chelyabinsk (GMT +5)

Posted February 27 2014 - 07:36 PM

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I have a data limit at home so I had to travel to download the game. This is a big deal for me as I am very sick/in a wheelchair etc. :/[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Yesterday there was a 500mb patch for the "minor" content update. But alright thats fine. But then today with the balance hotfix which "did not require a patch or server downtime. " there is another 522mb patch___  I checked and the game size on disk did not change at all.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Is something bugged or are there just no/incredibly bad patch notes_[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Please help_  Thank you[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Sorry I am a forum noob and dont know how to fix that strange highlighting[/font]

Unfortunately this is the way how Steam works. It doesn't download right amount of data and then patch the resource files as old launcher did. It just download already updated resource files. That's why each update generates such amount of traffic.
WolfyFTW's Mindgamer: Hawken videos - the best combat tutorial ever!
Throw away Air Compressor! Be a man!.

#28 and_zero

and_zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted February 27 2014 - 07:41 PM

View PostLarryLaffer, on February 27 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

I have a data limit at home so I had to travel to download the game. This is a big deal for me as I am very sick/in a wheelchair etc. :/

Yesterday there was a 500mb patch for the "minor" content update. But alright thats fine. But then today with the balance hotfix which "did not require a patch or server downtime. " there is another 522mb patch___  I checked and the game size on disk did not change at all.

Is something bugged or are there just no/incredibly bad patch notes_

Please help_  Thank you

Sorry I am a forum noob and dont know how to fix that strange highlighting

Unfortunately this is the way how Steam works. It doesn't download right amount of data and then patch the resource files as old launcher did. It just download already updated resource files. That's why each update generates such amount of traffic.

That is a good idea :)  But I think the problem is actually due to the default update method used by unreal engine; where if a small section of a file is changed, the entire file must be redone as opposed to just updating the existing file.  This is why updates for unreal engine games are usually disproportionately large.

However, (DEVS PLEASE READ THIS), one of the games I play using unreal engine has developed a different update system where they can simply modify existing files in the games structure as opposed to re-downloading the entire thing.  This has cut the updates sizes down by vast amounts (5gb for map optimizations to 200mb etc.).

Hopefully the devs will look into this :) ...soon so I can keep playing :(

Edited by and_zero, February 27 2014 - 07:42 PM.

#29 palad1ne

palad1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Locationuninstalled

Posted February 28 2014 - 03:13 AM

View PostKer4u, on February 27 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

buff raider
yeah..

Posted Image

#30 DaDMaR

DaDMaR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted February 28 2014 - 01:53 PM

-Tj-

Good update! The AG2 feels a LOT better now..! I can actually feel the damage and accuracy increase, and kills feel really satisfying. There are better mechs, but I can definitely say it's more fun to play now.
But.....................
Noptics

WTF guys, it's 500 MB everytime I sit down to play...WHICH IS NEARLY EVERY DAY

Just saying agree with above........remember

1hr download before play - is the steam way.

Edited by DaDMaR, February 28 2014 - 01:58 PM.

Posted Image

I AM IMMORTAL................Only the Good, Die Young !

#31 hawken00

hawken00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 06:34 AM

Greetings pilots!

How about a patch to reduce the gap between flying Rambos and weapons that have a hard time hitting them:
- +10% to EOC dps
- +10% to Heat cannon dps
Those are really low right now compared to most other weapons

Also, let's balance those others to increase the skill ceiling:
- decrease Mirv cooldown by 7%
- decrease Grenade explosion radius by 10% (how many times have we been hit by random grenades)
- change Hellfire missiles to act like a larger TOW
- increase Charged T-32 Bolt dps by 10%
- make slug rifle act like projectiles at long distance and give them their dps back
- make seeker act like a larger heat cannon
- +10% to Charged Heat cannon dps
- decrease TOW explosion radius by 10%

And last, decrease max fuel or fuel regen to increase fuel management

edit - i forgot:
- decrease Heat slam dps/radius by 20%

Edited by hawken00, March 03 2014 - 06:38 AM.

#32 Xynno

Xynno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 10:29 PM

View Posthawken00, on March 03 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

Greetings pilots!

How about a patch to reduce the gap between flying Rambos and weapons that have a hard time hitting them:
- +10% to EOC dps
- +10% to Heat cannon dps
Those are really low right now compared to most other weapons

Also, let's balance those others to increase the skill ceiling:
- decrease Mirv cooldown by 7%
- decrease Grenade explosion radius by 10% (how many times have we been hit by random grenades)
- change Hellfire missiles to act like a larger TOW
- increase Charged T-32 Bolt dps by 10%
- make slug rifle act like projectiles at long distance and give them their dps back
- make seeker act like a larger heat cannon
- +10% to Charged Heat cannon dps
- decrease TOW explosion radius by 10%

And last, decrease max fuel or fuel regen to increase fuel management

edit - i forgot:
- decrease Heat slam dps/radius by 20%

I agree that the mirv cooldown needs to be reduced.

T-32 bolt could use a buff yes.

Heat slam is fine as it is as it leaves you completely open for a good 2 seconds.

Gernades are fine too, how else is the grenadier gonna hit anything.

Hellfires are fine as they are, it really only gets bad when you're on a poorly designed map.

Seeker while low skill is fine as well, it does what its supposed to do make lights at the very least consider not to dance around in the open too long, besides if you make it act like a larger heat cannon, why even bother having the heat cannon as an unlockable for the rocketeer.

As for the slug, I'm neutral on this one, its been nerfed so many times already its not even funny.

Tow blast radius is already puny, nerfing it any more is a little silly.

C classes are already hurting compared to most A's its best to leave them to their own devices insted of considering nerfing them.

#33 hawken00

hawken00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted March 04 2014 - 12:49 AM

View PostXynno, on March 03 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

I agree that the mirv cooldown needs to be reduced.

T-32 bolt could use a buff yes.

Heat slam is fine as it is as it leaves you completely open for a good 2 seconds.

Gernades are fine too, how else is the grenadier gonna hit anything.

Heat slam does too much damage. Grenadier probably isn't fine (needs a buff) but because of his primary weapon and the new air mechanic

View PostXynno, on March 03 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

Hellfires are fine as they are, it really only gets bad when you're on a poorly designed map.

Seeker while low skill is fine as well, it does what its supposed to do make lights at the very least consider not to dance around in the open too long, besides if you make it act like a larger heat cannon, why even bother having the heat cannon as an unlockable for the rocketeer.

As for the slug, I'm neutral on this one, its been nerfed so many times already its not even funny.

Tow blast radius is already puny, nerfing it any more is a little silly.

C classes are already hurting compared to most A's its best to leave them to their own devices insted of considering nerfing them.

Hellfires aren't fine on most maps as long as there are 2+ classes with hellfires in a team.

They can make seeker as a larger heat cannon but lower dps, that would be a viable alternative

For Tow, just like the grenades i think the explosion radius is a bit too large, 10% wouldn't be much

Also, more fuel management would nerf flying Rambos not C-classes, and only 2 C are a problem imo: Incinerator (massive aoe dps) and Rocketeer

Edited by hawken00, March 04 2014 - 10:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users