HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Development Update: 3/10/2014

News Update Community

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted March 11 2014 - 05:43 AM

[quote name='[HWK]HUGHES' timestamp='1394502596' post='454367']

Outside of the minor patches, we've been working on our next update which is targeting a release this month. The deadline for content and feature lock was 10 a.m. Monday morning and we'll be spending a couple of weeks stabilizing and bug fixing. This update has a focus on some smaller improvements, bug fixes and adding some cockpit options that weren't there previously. Some new features include offering reticle choices and HUD coloring. We'll also be offering some cockpit decorations which are pretty cool to be honest and we'll share some more details shortly! Patch notes are still being drafted and won't be posted for at least another week as we continue to make fixes.
[/quote]

Did I read this right that yesterday was the lock date_  So now you're testing and debugging_
I can't wait for the reticule.  

I also keep hearing there will be a speed increase in next patch_  Is this something you are working on_
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#42 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 06:28 AM

I'm wondering when we're going to get our Vanguard emblems. Also, what's the status of the technician's prestige weapon_ Last I heard anything about it, it was going to be included in the Ascension or Steam patch. Neither of those were the case so perhaps we can get an update_
Posted Image

#43 Giga_V_2

Giga_V_2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted March 11 2014 - 06:36 AM

one small thing i noticed with the G2 assault: Vulcans felt kinda slow, kinda like the early days of Hawken.
Posted Image

#44 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 07:07 AM

View PostGiga_V_2, on March 11 2014 - 06:36 AM, said:

one small thing i noticed with the G2 assault: Vulcans felt kinda slow, kinda like the early days of Hawken.

That's because they are a Vulcan XTs. They have 6/10 of the firing speed of the regular Vulcan and only .8 more damage per shot. An XT does 77.5 DPS and the Vulcan does 121. But combined XTs doing 155 DPS is still respectable, even if it is 20 less than a vulcan-TOW combo. They have a bit less spread as well, which is nice.

Edited by Silk_Sk, March 11 2014 - 07:09 AM.

Posted Image

#45 talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted March 11 2014 - 07:34 AM

At first I thought, that is not very Hawkenesque and seemed a bit strange, then to be a bit crazy I tried I some and wow! Whipped cream in coffee is really fuzzy bunny good !

#46 Hocisern

Hocisern

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque NM

Posted March 11 2014 - 08:36 AM

That was a really good read as I drank my coffee this morning (without whipped cream, seriously wtf is wrong with you :) ), thanks!

#47 Gunmoku

Gunmoku

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationThe mystical, magical land of Right Over There

Posted March 11 2014 - 09:13 AM

View PostSandSpider, on March 11 2014 - 04:30 AM, said:

View PostSandcracka, on March 10 2014 - 11:10 PM, said:

What is MMR_

MMR stands for mech mastery, or something like that. It represents how skilful you are with a mech and is represented with a number. The higher the number, the better you are.

Close.  MMR is a universal term in online multiplayer games called Mixed Matchmaking Rating or sometimes just Matchmaking Rating.  Basically it's an arbitrary number that, more often than not, is an invisible number tied to your avatar or account that tracks your metrics in the game such as kill/death ratio, points scored in team modes (i.e point caps in Missile Assault or EU Delivered in Siege), assists, etc.  This number is factored into an algorithm that calculates a minimum, maximum, and average MMR for people within your skill range and thus matches them up with you.

MMR used to be a visual thing, but it kind of got in the way of the game and it turned into an E-peen waving contest pretty quick.  Now MMR is mostly non-visible again save for a broad nomenclature in the server listings with the star ratings on each server.  The closer to 3 stars it is, the closer the average MMR in the room is to your own.

View PostRED_FIVE, on September 04 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

YER A RAIDER, HARRY.

#48 cavediver

cavediver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationmountains

Posted March 11 2014 - 09:18 AM

Sunday morning in Ca.,  If you moved to Mi. or Wi.  you would give up the window gazing.  

Seriously the voip will probably double your clients,  hurry the hell up,  it use to work great_  

Liket the g2 idea nominate the SCOUT, love the Assult.   Thanks for the extra reticle choices, much needed by ole farts who can't see.  

One step forward, two steps back should put us back to about Nov of, 2012.
Good work, I liked Nov. of 2012.

#49 Eyes_Only

Eyes_Only

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 09:34 AM

"Priority shifts"

You and your priorities :P. Looking forward to more development updates, and can't wait for more G2 mechs! Impractical maybe, but I play for casual fun, and the G2 makes me happy even if I suck with it/don't play it.

#50 buzmavisi

buzmavisi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 11:07 AM

[0: 001.009] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 0: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

its from hawken.log.

but its my igpu. my dgpu is radeon 7730m. radeon 7730m working or not working card look like showing hd 4000....

its working on radeon 7730m.
im thinking its run 7730m with intel hd graphics optimization.
im not know is games radeon optimizations activated or game engine thinking this is hd 4000 ____....

if there is problem pls give manuel optimization selection.

we can select optimize it for intel hd graphics
optimize it for nvidia dx 11 gpu and newer
optimize it for nvidia older than dx 11 gpu
optimize it for amd gcn series and newer
optimize it for older than gcn series.

im searched lots of amd driver for hawken

im founded amd catalyst 13.251.3 alienware 17 version of driver. im modded it and get best performance from it.
but if there is dx11 support all drivers working better...

Edited by buzmavisi, March 11 2014 - 11:10 AM.

#51 buzmavisi

buzmavisi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 11:16 AM

im not only radeon gcn notebook user.
catalyst 13.151 versions not working with hawken ( like catalyst 13.9 pack )
lots of original notebook driver older than 13.151...

there is lots of radeon notebook users. hawken have fast engine for this like fps evoluted game. but all notebook users can not take optimum performance.

pls add "we hate amd" logo after nvidia  :D because your amd support like u are hate amd.

#52 buzmavisi

buzmavisi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 11:19 AM

im searched lots of driver.
modded driver.
compared lots of inf driver.

im used my half of gaming time for finding best driver and inf settings.

but game is same for amd gcn notebook user. show someting. show possibility.

#53 buzmavisi

buzmavisi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 11:54 AM

dx9 dying....

#54 DeltaCluster

DeltaCluster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 01:28 PM

That's the spirit guys! I'm really looking forward to this update!

By the Way: It would be great, if you guys could make some tests with the G2 Assault. I think it's overheating too strong.

#55 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 03:15 PM

I just continue playing MWO until there is a steamless option to play...

#56 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted March 12 2014 - 09:47 PM

Pugged up my pre-Asc (heh) account from openbeta release. gamed tonite with some dorks with Alpha paintjobs. heh. who was that "Man" guy i wonder...._
i should get a custom openbeta print paint job for stompin' yer butts.
really devs: Rock On!
This has been the awesomeness you deserve!

--Mort

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#57 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted March 13 2014 - 02:27 AM

I do say a lot of fuzzy bunny all the time , but my mother fuzzy bunny heart is with you !!!!!!! just good luck with any fuzzy bunny !!! KEEP THE GAME UNIQUE !!

Posted Image

#58 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 03:56 AM

View Postand_zero, on March 11 2014 - 12:11 AM, said:

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]DEVS PLEASE READ THIS

I posted it on the forums but I'm sure nobody saw it.  The massive patch size for minor changes is a huge issue for those with slower internet and data limits, and is frustrating in general for everyone else.  I understand the problem is due to unreal engine.

However, another game I play that uses unreal engine 3 has developed a method of updating their game that no longer requires an entire file to be re-downloaded and replaced if it is even slightly changed.  Reducing patch sizes vastly.

please, please look into this.  I cannot play as I cannot constantly download these 600mb updates that should be 25mb.

Thank you.[/font]

The dev team already said that the massive size of patches is an issue if the Unreal engine, not a design choice. They are looking into ways to make those patch sizes smaller, if that even can be done.

#59 and_zero

and_zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 01:10 PM

View Posthendman, on March 13 2014 - 03:56 AM, said:

View Postand_zero, on March 11 2014 - 12:11 AM, said:

DEVS PLEASE READ THIS

I posted it on the forums but I'm sure nobody saw it.  The massive patch size for minor changes is a huge issue for those with slower internet and data limits, and is frustrating in general for everyone else. I understand the problem is due to unreal engine.

However, another game I play that uses unreal engine 3 has developed a method of updating their game that no longer requires an entire file to be re-downloaded and replaced if it is even slightly changed.  Reducing patch sizes vastly.

please, please look into this.  I cannot play as I cannot constantly download these 600mb updates that should be 25mb.

Thank you.

The dev team already said that the massive size of patches is an issue if the Unreal engine, not a design choice. They are looking into ways to make those patch sizes smaller, if that even can be done.

...Did you even read my post___  ...

Edited by and_zero, March 13 2014 - 01:11 PM.

#60 Veaceslav

Veaceslav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 03:20 AM

Hi all... I would like to ask the developers: why not include the game more mechs, more than 30 levels of pilot is already becoming boring, game was constantly preoccupied player the player must always strive for something, I already have all mechs and just know what to do, I have only hope that this is beta version ))  so it remains to be seen...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Update, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users