HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What about fixing Last Eco_ :-)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted March 12 2014 - 05:52 AM

I have some suggestions for minor improvements of Last Eco map. I generally like that map and I don't want it to be removed, but it has some elements that feel unbalanced, especially in Siege mode. I'm no expert on map design or map balancing, I'm simply speaking as a player who enjoys this map enough to download it and study what's different on each side. Also forgive my poor mspaint skills :-)

First of all, put some goddamn invisible walls on that lame sniping spot. This should've been done long ago, Sentium snipers have no similar spot on their side. A sniping or hellfire mech camping there can be really annoying, as he has a nice view over the AA and when he's in danger, he just has to backpedal abit to hide in the base and repair.

Second, what's up with that extra path for Prosk_ It's quite damn useful for escaping, but again, Sentium side has nothing like that. I honestly don't like my idea of adding a tunnel, but it's the best I could come up with atm. I think my tunnel idea might work if snipers could see only abit of AA from there and if the base turrets had a part of the tunnel covered, so Sentium side doesn't lose a spot to repair. That area is just weird and different on each side so I really dunno. I also guess that the extra path is the reason why one tunnel is being used all the time (Sentium) while the other never (Prosk).

Last.. really_ A closed area with cover from hill on one side and big open flat area on the other_ Not to mention that fighting/flanking on Sentium side is very risky with that high traffic tunnel there, while you can pretty much safely assume that nobody will use the tunnels on Prosk side while you're there flanking them. I guess that tightening that place up isn't going to happen, but I really think we should at least get some hill or something there to provide abit of cover.

Overall I like the "skewed" symmetry this map has, but please, at least fix the sniping spot, it's really stupid to throw balance off with something like this. The other things don't bother me that much, but I think they were worth mentioning.

Hopefully someone will have better suggestions than me.

Posted Image
Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#2 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted March 12 2014 - 05:54 AM

LE makes me crash T_T
Posted Image

#3 BoompigXD

BoompigXD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 07:51 PM

Also, please move one of the energy stations. Both EU Stations are only a few seconds boosting away from each other. Sentium has the uphill advantage here if the enemy decides to go straight for them, but it's still stupid.

Posted Image

#4 leviestrada

leviestrada

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted March 13 2014 - 12:47 PM

and repair the bug that makes the game crash for 32bits users!
2014-02-15_00007.jpg
btw I love playing -smiley mustached face-

#5 RunaPanda

RunaPanda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationTrolling you where ever you go :3

Posted March 14 2014 - 02:04 AM

View Postleviestrada, on March 13 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

and repair the bug that makes the game crash for 32bits users!
That's easier said then done, thats client code not the map itself. That'll be fixed most likely in a major update, or if it's a serious issue which it seems to be, might be in a hotfix.

Those are some good ideas but you forgot one really major one. Environmental collision boxes need to be fixed and bad, there's multiple places to get stuck at even though it appears you won't. Especially the little tree root/metal chunk/whatever it is near the base of Silo 3 in MA. You get stuck in this little invisible "pocket" and become unable to move until you find the exit of this little pocket aside from having to hop out of it. Also some of the vines hanging down in some spots have collision boxes when others milimeters away don't have any at all. The map overall is nice but feels like it was rushed.
Intel i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz| DDR4  3200 @ CAS 14|SLIed Quad GTX 980|Kingspec 1TB PCIe SSD/ 4x 3TB HDDs|Logitech G502 Proteus Core|Razer DeathStalker Ultimate|Occulus Rift|3xAsus ROG Swift PG278Q|Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus|Wrapped up in a sexy Corsair Obsidian 900D w/ Custom Laser etching

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users