HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

TAW.net Hawken Amateur Tournament (Total Prizes around $300)

Event Contest Award Announcement Community Clan Game

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 Gumby789

Gumby789

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted March 12 2014 - 09:34 PM

TAWLogo_white.png

[font=Arial]Hawken Amateur Tournament[/font]

[font=Arial]*About The Art of Warfare (TAW.net)[/font]
[font=Arial]The Art of Warfare has been in the gaming community for over 13 years now and events like this one are just one of the many activities TAW members get to participate in on a regular basis. Built by gamers for gamers with more than 2500 members worldwide and over 35 supported games! Take your gaming to that next level by joining TAW now, apply at TAW.net[/font]

[font=Arial]*Foreward[/font]
[font=Arial]Welcome to the official rules and scoring for the TAW.net Sponsored Amateur Tourney. This tournament has been created with the purpose of providing the Hawken Community with a group based activity that promotes fun and teamplay, while highlighting the commitment and leadership TAW has long represented in gaming. These rules and limitations have been created to challenge the average player while at the same time trying to provide an environment in which all beginner pilots can participate, regardless of their individual experience in-game.[/font]

[font=Arial]* Player and Team Restrictions[/font]
[font=Arial]All [/font][font=Arial]players whose MMR rating falls outside 1600 ±250 MMR are [/font]NOT [font=Arial]allowed to participate in the Amateur Tournament. [/font]

[font=Arial]To check your MMR eligibility add ‘scrimbot’ to your Hawken in game friends list, then start a chat typing ‘MMR’. If the scrimbot returns a result for your MMR between 1350-1850 you are eligible to play.[/font]

[font=Arial]Team names must not contain profuse language, or be hateful towards any sex, religion, race, or sexual orientation. Teams must be composed of six (6) players and may range from clan buddies to just a group of friends.[/font] You do not need to be part of a clan or gaming community to participate!

[font=Arial]*Game Restrictions[/font]
[font=Arial]The TAW Hawken Division believes that Hawken should be played the way it was meant to be played. As a Fast Paced, Free Flowing game and as such there are no Mech/Item/Internal/Weapons Restrictions in place.[/font]

[font=Arial]*Server Information[/font]
[font=Arial]All matches in the TAW.net Hawken Amateur Tournament will be played as one (1) Team Death Match (TDM). The winner will advance and the loser will be knocked out. All matches will take place on US-East Servers using the 6v6 Squad match feature.[/font]

[font=Arial]*Tournament Format[/font]
[font=Arial]The Tournament format being followed is a single elimination variant with an ‘Opening Stage’. This means that for the very first match played you may not be knocked out. Tournament knockouts will begin during the 2nd battle, in the Upper/Lower Brackets.[/font]

[font=Arial]Teams will always be randomly seeded against each other for each round in this tournament. The first battle or the ‘Opening Stage’ is where winners will get moved up to ‘Upper Bracket’ and Losers will get moved down to ‘Lower Bracket’. After Upper and Lower Brackets have been established the Tournament carries on in Traditional Elimination Format, win and you advance lose and it’s game over.[/font]

[font=Arial]In the event of an odd amount of teams, the team drawn last will play their match against the losing team of the last drawn match for a spot in the following round.[/font]

[font=Arial]*Tournament Standings[/font]
[font=Arial]Placing in the tournament is determined depending on which bracket your team ends up in. Teams placed in the Upper bracket will always be considered to have placed ahead of the teams who placed in the Lower Bracket. So Fourth Place for example will be the team which lost in the Lower Bracket Semi-Finals and Third Place will be the team that lost in the Upper Bracket Semi-Finals. The Final will declare the winner and runner up regardless of which bracket they came from.[/font]

[font=Arial]*Scheduling & Match [/font][font=Arial]Requirements[/font]
[font=Arial]All teams must sign up prior to the registration deadline of March 27th 2000GMT/1600EST. Matches will proceed rapid play style one after another once all previous games for a round have been played.[/font]

[font=Arial]Matches will have a slightly staggered start in order to synchronize the proper teams onto the same server.[/font]

[font=Arial]Match day is Saturday, March 29th beginning with the Opening stage beginning at 2000GMT/1600EST.[/font]

[font=Arial]The Team Leader for each team will be responsible for taking screenshots (Steam Overlay Default is F12) of the final results to verify match results which must be posted to the official Hawken Amateur Tournament forum thread after each match ends. (The thread you are reading now) [/font]

[font=Arial]​In addition all Teams which make it to the Quarter Final Round [/font][font=Arial]must be set as their[/font][font=Arial] TeamSpeak Avatar a c[/font][font=Arial]ropped Screen Shot of their 'scrimbot' chat showing their MMR eligibility.[/font]

[font=Arial]After each match there will be a five (5) minute recess to reorganize, debrief with your team and post your result to this forum thread.[/font]

[font=Arial]*TeamSpeak[/font]
[font=Arial]All team members must install TeamSpeak 3 and connect to the TAW TeamSpeak Server for their matches. The server address is TS.TAW.NET and the tournament day password will be ‘hawken’ All Team leaders must have a valid working microphone but regular team members are NOT required to have one.[/font]

[font=Arial]TAW TS policy is in effect for every member who connects and participates in the TAW.net Hawken Amateur Tournament. This policy is simple and straightforward and is as follows. If you have a mic, enable ‘Push-to-Talk’ and remember no foul language or any discriminatory remarks/comments towards different sexes, religions, races or sexual orientations.[/font]

[font=Arial]*Non-Attendance and/or Forfeits[/font]
[font=Arial]To keep the games flowing in a continuous manner, Team Leaders are responsible for making sure their team is organized come game day. All matches will contain a five (5) minute late leniency. If a team fails to field six (6) players at match time and the five minutes have ran over, than the team(s) short players will be listed as having lost the match. If all members from one side of a match drop out of a game in progress that action will be seen as forfeiture and they will record a loss.[/font]

[font=Arial]Failure to have an entire team connect to the TeamSpeak server will result in match Forfeiture.[/font]

[font=Arial]Teams will be automatically disqualified if found to be in violation of any rules or restrictions.[/font]

[font=Arial]*Prizes[/font]
[font=Arial]Physical Prizes will require a valid residential shipping address. PO/APO and Commercial addresses will not be sent any physical prize. In game redeem codes will be sent through the official Play Hakwen community mail.[/font]

Third Place: 5000 HC
Runner Up: 2 week XP Booster and 20,000 HC
[font=Arial]Grand Prize: 5000 HC and your choice of one of the following; Hawken Real Time Strategy Card Game (Scout vs Grenadier), Hardcover copy of the Hawken Genesis Graphic Novel or 20,000 HC with 2 weeks XP boost[/font]

[font=Arial]*Final Words[/font]
[font=Arial]TAW Hawken Division Commander reserves the right to add any new rules and/or limitations to this document, and implement them prior to the ongoing Tournament.[/font]

[font=Arial]*Sample Tournament[/font]
[font=Arial]In this sample ten (10) Teams had registered and were drawn randomly against each other for the Opening Stage. Names in Bold are the presumed winners.[/font]
[font=Arial]Opening Stage[/font]
[font=Arial]Bravo v Tango[/font]
[font=Arial]Hotel v Mike[/font]
[font=Arial]Lima v Yankee[/font]
[font=Arial]India v November[/font]
[font=Arial]Foxtrot v Oscar[/font]
[font=Arial]Charlie v Sierra[/font]
[font=Arial]Xray v Uniform[/font]

[font=Arial]The Winners of the Opening Stage were moved to upper bracket (on the left) and the losers to the lower bracket (on the right) and were drawn against each other for the bracket stage.[/font]
[font=Arial]Bracket Quarter Finals[/font]
[font=Arial]Bravo v Mike - [/font][font=Arial]Tango v Hotel[/font]
[font=Arial]Yankee v November [/font][font=Arial]- [/font][font=Arial]Sierra v India[/font]
[font=Arial]Foxtrot v Charlie - [/font][font=Arial]Oscar v Lima[/font]
[font=Arial]Uniform v Foxtrot or Charlie - Xray v [/font][font=Arial]Lima or Oscar [/font]

[font=Arial]Having an odd number of teams resulted in an additional match where the last drawn team went against the loser of the last match for the spot in the following round.[/font]
[font=Arial]Bracket Semi Finals[/font]
[font=Arial]Mike v Uniform - Oscar v Sierra[/font]
[font=Arial]November v Foxtrot - [/font][font=Arial]Lima v Tango[/font]

[font=Arial]The Bracket Final decides the third and fourth place teams. The upper bracket team who gets eliminated is considered to have finished third and the team in the lower bracket who gets eliminated has finished fourth.[/font]
[font=Arial]Bracket Finals[/font]
[font=Arial]Mike v November (3rd) - [/font][font=Arial]Lima v Sierra (4th)[/font]

[font=Arial]Here we can see that Lima having redeemed themselves through the lower bracket have been declared the runner up of the Tournament while Mike are Champions.[/font]
[font=Arial]Tournament Finals[/font]
[font=Arial]Lima (2nd) v Mike (1st) [/font]

Edited by Gumby789, March 13 2014 - 04:53 PM.

Posted Image

|| LTC Gumby | Sentinel | Academy Staff ||

#2 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted March 12 2014 - 10:33 PM

View PostGumby789, on March 12 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

* Player and Team Restrictions

All players who have registered for entry into the Hawken TPG League are NOT allowed to participate in the Amateur Tournament.

Why_
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#3 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted March 12 2014 - 10:42 PM

View PostGumby789, on March 12 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

* Player and Team RestrictionsAll players who have registered for entry into the Hawken TPG League are NOT allowed to participate in the Amateur Tournament. In addition, players whose True MMR rating falls outside 1600 ±250 MMR are NOT allowed to participate in the Amateur Tournament.

To check your MMR eligibility add ‘scrimbot’ to your Hawken in game friends list, then start a chat typing ‘MMR’. If the scrimbot returns a result for your True MMR between 1350-1850 you are eligible to play.

Team names must not contain profuse language, or be hateful towards any sex, religion, race, or sexual orientation. Teams must be composed of six (6) players and may range from clan buddies to just a group of friends. You do not need to be part of a clan or gaming community to participate!
So are you going to check those (say, via submitting a screenshot)_
Also, what about smurf accounts_ How do you weed out people who could fake a low MMR via smurf account_

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#4 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 11:01 PM

Meh, I think it's a good idea.  I don't mind sitting our team out so that newer/less-skilled players can have some competitive experience.  No one has fun when games are a stompfest.

I also expect that no current teams are fuzzy bunny enough to register under smurf accounts.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#5 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted March 12 2014 - 11:07 PM

View PostNept, on March 12 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

I also expect that no current teams are fuzzy bunny enough to register under smurf accounts.
I wouldn't expect it of the current teams either, but you never know. Internet is a crazy place.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#6 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted March 12 2014 - 11:34 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on March 12 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

View PostNept, on March 12 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

I wouldn't expect it of the current teams either, but you never know. Internet is a crazy place.
problem is, 1 player is enough to ruin it

- lok'tar ogar -

#7 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted March 13 2014 - 12:43 AM

How do you give someone Hawken Credits_

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#8 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted March 13 2014 - 12:53 AM

How do you give someone Hawken Credits_
redeem-code_

Edited by nepacaka, March 13 2014 - 12:53 AM.

#9 NotKjell

NotKjell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 12:55 AM

Does anyone else find it funny that this is the first tournament (to my knowledge) to offer cash prizes, yet it's being called amateur because of excluding the high MMR players_

edit: nvm, read more and it's not cash prizes. Though, still the biggest prize pool of a tournament thus far to my knowledge.

Edited by NotKjell, March 13 2014 - 12:58 AM.

Posted Image

High-level Hawken discussion and play wednesdays at 7:00 PST http://www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

#10 Eman29

Eman29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 02:13 AM

how can you enforce the MMR restriction_

Posted Image

#11 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 02:14 AM

View PostNotKjell, on March 13 2014 - 12:55 AM, said:

edit: nvm, read more and it's not cash prizes. Though, still the biggest prize pool of a tournament thus far to my knowledge.
The first EU Fight Club Tournament had a Logitech G35 gaming headset, MC codes (from Nvidia) and HAWKEN Genesis hard cover books for prizes. Ever since we are giving away said comic books, posters and hats.

I can not participate in this one but I am looking forward to watch streams of it.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

Spoiler

#12 Vdragon

Vdragon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationWhere you drink red wines, eat long breads, and put a beret on the top of your mech.

Posted March 13 2014 - 04:29 AM

Ok, so i can get stomped by higher level player in higher level tournament, and cannot participate in lower level tournament...
Now we need a tournament for peoples hovering around 2000...

Edited by Vdragon, March 13 2014 - 04:30 AM.

#13 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted March 13 2014 - 04:41 AM

I support this endeavor even tho i believe it is a bit restrictive and exclusive.

Are you guys looking for some casters_

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#14 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted March 13 2014 - 04:50 AM

Tpg is open to all levels of skill in all games they offer hosting for.
Disqualifying people from your event because of association with a particular league is dubious at best.
Particularly the Hawken 5v5 league, who's players are easily 99% full of gamers with zero league experience thus far, and are simply beginning their first inaugural foray into anything remotely considerable as competitive play.

There are no "pros" in Hawken yet. There hasn't even been a preseason yet to determine what skill level the teams signed up even are.
Way to establish TAW events as an exercise in douchebaggery. Idiots.

*edit

And to think of the weeks I spent reaching out to TAW, and how we worked to include someone from TAW in the TPG admin team.
Thanks for the eye opener.

Edited by craftydus, March 13 2014 - 05:03 AM.

#15 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted March 13 2014 - 06:19 AM

Crafty, how many players in the TPG league have an MMR less than 1850_  From looking at the rosters, I believe I'm the only such player and even I may not be on the team much longer :(

Ideally there would be divisions/breakdowns for separate MMR but this is a start.  

Right now it makes sense to grow the game by focussing on the beginner/intermediate group of players.  I think you have a much broader population to pick up.  At any rate, perhaps you could talk w/ Gumby or Counterlogic offline to hash this out_
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#16 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 06:29 AM

Creating separate tournaments for different "skill levels" is a good idea, but I can understand craftydus. The way this tournament was self-identified by the exclusion of the TPG league is rude.

Edit: But please try to keep your calm.

Edited by Houruck, March 13 2014 - 06:31 AM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

Spoiler

#17 Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted March 13 2014 - 06:31 AM

This is a great idea - give  the newer/less experienced players have their own tourney. I am sure many people didn't sign up for tpg because they thought "we don't stand a chance of winning, so why bother"

Can't wait to watch this in action

-edit- also calling out tpg is not cool, you already have the mmr restriction so you are just being insulting on purpose

Edited by Interrobang87, March 13 2014 - 06:33 AM.

How will you spend eternity_ Smoking or Non-Smoking_
Posted Image
Chillen with the banger

#18 pseulak

pseulak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted March 13 2014 - 06:47 AM

Mid tier and new players should have some games to themselves if they want. I get the reasoning. It can be pretty psychologically rough to get stomped by the higher skill teams.

Chill out bros. Hugs all around.

#19 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 06:51 AM

Spoke with Crafty this morning, and I have to agree with his worry that this will hurt TPG signups.  I don't see the need for the league restriction when the MMR restriction's already in place.  Remember, the league's open to all skill levels.

Again, I'm all for an "amateur" tournament.  I would suggest, however, that the restrictions be limited to MMR.

Edited by Nept, March 13 2014 - 06:52 AM.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#20 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted March 13 2014 - 06:52 AM

Good idea, i like/support it, rules are a bit more lax compared to TPG, but meh on calling out TPG.

I'm not on a TPG league team because I doubt I'd be any benefit to a team just looking at the rosters knowing my relative skill level and MMR. I just didn't bother even if I'd like to. However, I'm higher than 1850 (passed it a week ago), so that would mean I'm not qualified for this either. Stuck in the in between with nowhere to go, a tourney for the 1900-2100 players needs to come soon.

Edited by Silverfire, March 13 2014 - 06:54 AM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Event, Contest, Award, Announcement, Community, Clan, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users