HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken's story_

Community

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLast Sighted: Praxis Valley

Posted March 13 2014 - 01:12 AM

Hello!

I'm rather new to the Hawken universe, and I've been wondering, what's the story_

I'm sorry if there is another thread related to this, but I looked and couldn't find one.

What I'm wondering, to put it more directly, is to why the two factions are at war_ Why mechs_ What planets are involved_

I'm sure there is a general story line to the game, and I'd love to hear about it. I like to write fan-fictions about good games, and enjoy it even more when there is some research to do.

Thanks a bunch!
Posted Image

eth0 said:

are you made of cupcakes and puppies_

View PostSylhiri, on July 13 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

Never underestimate the power of the epeen.

View PostSatelliteJack, on July 13 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Droppin' wisdom bombs

#2 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted March 13 2014 - 01:15 AM

On a distant planet colonized by corporations, combat rages over precious resources, survival, and glory. As one man rises to power, another is tragically ruined in the process. But who will truly emerge victorious in the end_

https://www.comixolo...ics-series/9515

Hawken: Genesis focuses on the relationship between Rion Lazlo, the man who would be king, and James Hawken, the brilliant inventor who paves the way for Lazlo's success. What begins as a mutually beneficial partnership developing magnificent technology for the planet's largest corporation state devolves into betrayal and conflict that soon leads to a man-made cataclysm that changes the face of the planet forever!

In short, there are 3 major corporations controlling Illal, the planet this takes place. Hawken is a virus created by the Crion corporation, which is accidentally destroyed by it and unleashed on the planet. The virus basically turns organic things into a metal gigastructure (example: the Origin map). Now the remaining 2 corporations, Sentium and Prosk, fight for remaining resources and look for alternative fuel for their mechs as the planet is slowly terraformed by the Hawken virus.

Edited by nokari, March 13 2014 - 01:25 AM.

Posted Image

#3 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted March 13 2014 - 03:22 AM

The most extensive collection of Hawken's lore that I've seen up until now is in this guide: http://steamcommunit...s/_id=233230954
There are sections for the story of Hawken as well as background information on mechs and maps.If you're interested in even more lore there are also links to some really impressive fan fiction.

Edited by ReEvolve, March 13 2014 - 03:39 AM.

#4 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 03:43 AM

space aids
and robots
After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

#5 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationThe Pen Is Mightier Than The Axe

Posted March 13 2014 - 05:48 AM

View PostReEvolve, on March 13 2014 - 03:22 AM, said:

The most extensive collection of Hawken's lore that I've seen up until now is in this guide: http://steamcommunit...s/_id=233230954
There are sections for the story of Hawken as well as background information on mechs and maps.If you're interested in even more lore there are also links to some really impressive fan fiction.

Fantastic link! Thanks for pointing this out :)

#6 KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLast Sighted: Praxis Valley

Posted March 14 2014 - 05:37 AM

Ooo this is exciting! I had no idea that there was so much detail!
After I'm finished reading a majority of it I'll begin writing. Thanks so much!
Posted Image

eth0 said:

are you made of cupcakes and puppies_

View PostSylhiri, on July 13 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

Never underestimate the power of the epeen.

View PostSatelliteJack, on July 13 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Droppin' wisdom bombs

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users