HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

why is 'f@rt' censored

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Baconrath

Baconrath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationfarts

Posted March 15 2014 - 08:29 PM

I made a post using the word f@rt and the forum replaced it with 'fuzzy bunny.' I know what may be offensive to me may not be offensive to others (and vice versa) but I thought this was strange. Perhaps I am wasting my breath...but is there a chance the word f@rt can be exempt from the word filter_ It's what I use to describe the Incinerator ability. Also it describes something everyone does on a routine basis.

Also the forum didn't stop me from setting my location to f@rt so that's inconsistent/kinda funny.

So yeah. Just pointing that out.
TELL BACON HE IS PRETTY

#2 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted March 15 2014 - 08:48 PM

View PostBaconrath, on March 15 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

I made a post using the word f@rt and the forum replaced it with 'fuzzy bunny.' I know what may be offensive to me may not be offensive to others (and vice versa) but I thought this was strange. Perhaps I am wasting my breath...but is there a chance the word f@rt can be exempt from the word filter_ It's what I use to describe the Incinerator ability. Also it describes something everyone does on a routine basis.

Also the forum didn't stop me from setting my location to f@rt so that's inconsistent/kinda funny.

So yeah. Just pointing that out.

Yeah.  I had a post screwed up by having a word I was objecting to replaced with "fuzzy bunny." Changed the point of my post and made me come off sounding kinda silly. Just out of curiosity let's see if it filters "flatulence" which really is what the Incinerator primary weapons sound like. :lol:
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users