HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Game universe - association topic!

Community Video

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 V_ExorcisT

V_ExorcisT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 21 2014 - 10:22 AM

Of course, HAWKEN is the unique game with created sci-fi world so diverse and detailed we can't say there is something else that matches the universe in particular game genre, yet nothing is absolutely unique, and imo, it must not be! Game elements that bring associations in our minds (if you call it an imperfection, I strongly believe it's the necessary one) and bring memories, memories of the sci-fi worlds we liked, these associations make the game more appealing even before you start to explore it in detail.

So my question is... What positive associations HAWKEN brings to you, something memorable you can share with others_

Let me start. I pick the map. PROSK MAP.
http://www.playhawke...uide/maps/prosk

Posted Image

"Prosk is large urban city map with sprawling rooftops..."
"...industrial metropolis named Eugen once housed manufacturing facilities, worker housing, and the shops required to support a large populous."
"The central highway was once part of an inter-city bypass, offering a scenic trip across the massive Prosk biodome."
"The sewage trench once routed all waste from nearby districts to a central processing plant. However after the evacuation it has remained dry and merely serves as a choke point for combat units."
"The city of Eugen was not built with military vehicles in mind. The architects planned the area around the civilian needs of thousands of people packed tightly together."

This amazing work of game designers is something that defined the game for me when I first heard about HAWKEN, it's also my favourite map, and the place I associate it with is...

"GHOST CITY" from the outstanding anime "Ghost in the Shell":

Tell us what association game world brings to you_
Take anything from map to a weapon or internal and write about it, share your thoughts!
Just one rule: please, only positive associations! ^_^
I am a gamer not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join us! We have sweet cookies! :3 http://taw.net
My YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/u...ViciouSExorcisT

#2 VocalMagic

VocalMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted March 21 2014 - 11:36 AM

Giant robots with guns on their arms.

Posted Image

I just want a robot with Tank Treads now.

I'll try shouting it again today: "Saturnine! Saturnine! Stop the spam, Saturnine!"

_, ,_ ∩ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
( ゚∀゚)彡 S9!S9!▒▒▒
 ⊂彡▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

#3 UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Posted March 21 2014 - 12:14 PM

positive to finally be able to pilot a mech after trying this one ages ago... yeah in this mech u was suddently drunk ...so sloooow....so much inertia....undrivable

Posted Image

Edited by UncleBlitz, March 21 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#4 HatesYourFace

HatesYourFace

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted March 21 2014 - 01:29 PM

Steel Battalion. Best 200$ I ever spent. It was gritty and dark like Hawken, the cockpit was awesome and the mech's could side-dash. So many hours spent playing that game.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by HatesYourFace, March 21 2014 - 01:35 PM.

Posted Image

I also play on "PoundSignYoloSwag" (Assault/G2 Assault) and "FriendshipIsMagic" (Rocketeer) But haven't been able to add them to my Sig yet due to computer problems.

#5 V_ExorcisT

V_ExorcisT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 23 2014 - 06:22 AM

View PostHatesYourFace, on March 21 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Steel Battalion. Best 200$ I ever spent. It was gritty and dark like Hawken, the cockpit was awesome and the mech's could side-dash. So many hours spent playing that game.

Did you use this controller_ Oh-ho, I think it's much more than just a game then! Piloting "Vertical Tank" with this set of keys and pedals should be something extraordinary! And I really like how in HAWKEN even without such controller we still have that unforgettable immersion feeling...

Posted Image
I am a gamer not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join us! We have sweet cookies! :3 http://taw.net
My YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/u...ViciouSExorcisT

#6 HatesYourFace

HatesYourFace

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted March 23 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostV_ExorcisT, on March 23 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

View PostHatesYourFace, on March 21 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Did you use this controller_ Oh-ho, I think it's much more than just a game then! Piloting "Vertical Tank" with this set of keys and pedals should be something extraordinary! And I really like how in HAWKEN even without such controller we still have that unforgettable immersion feeling...

Posted Image

I just wish I had kept it. I've seen view of ppl using them to play Hawken. Would be so friggin awesome.
Posted Image

I also play on "PoundSignYoloSwag" (Assault/G2 Assault) and "FriendshipIsMagic" (Rocketeer) But haven't been able to add them to my Sig yet due to computer problems.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users