HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Beserker mech is impossible to hit!

Patch Game Forum Announcement Beta Community Review Update Screenshot Video

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Rehnos

Rehnos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY people! I don't live in the city! I am far from the city, and all I see are trees and mountains.

Posted March 21 2014 - 10:36 AM

Hi there fellow Hawken pilots! This is Rehnos reporting a pretty annoying glitch, or just a norm of the game. Every game I play with an enemy Beserker in a match, every time I go up against him/her, I can't hit the mech! It is very very hard to hit a Beserker when he/she is on the move. And don't get me wrong I am a pretty good player, I am almost always in first second or third on the end scoreboards. I hit what I shoot at, and don't miss often. So when I have my cross-hairs right on the Beserker's chassis, I just can't seem to hit it. The real only luck I've had in hitting them often is when I shoot something with an intense A.O.E. Like a rocket or charge. I do hit them sometimes, but it is extremely hard to do. Even when I am aiming right at him. Please leave friendly comments below, and please don't disagree for no reason, actually have a legitimate reason for your disagreeing.

#2 RedRumOnE

RedRumOnE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Location[Doing battle.]: Learning great truths.

Posted March 21 2014 - 10:39 AM

What kind of mech you running_

http://www.twitch.tv/red_rum_one

Posted Image

We want what we can't have and will work till we fail to get it. Only then will we learn, overcome, and conquer because it takes a million folleys to make a masterpiece.

#3 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted March 21 2014 - 10:41 AM

Aim for it, may help you ot.

But seriously, what this sounds like is that you got problems following the Berserker with your aim. This is not something that can be counted as a bug, but a personal problem with following the hitbox of the A-class. I recommend you simply try and try until you make it.

And BTW, don`t brag about being a good player, we know the people out there with the highest MMR.
I`ll fix it later.

#4 Rehnos

Rehnos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY people! I don't live in the city! I am far from the city, and all I see are trees and mountains.

Posted March 21 2014 - 10:47 AM

Listen buddy. I wasn't bragging first of all, and second of all! I don't care if you "Know" people out there. Don't comment on my forum with your condescending attitude. I do aim... and I hit what I aim at. The aiming spot on a Beserker is probably un-proportionate to how I would actually aim at it. The CHASSIS!!!

#5 Rehnos

Rehnos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 21 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostRedRumOnE, on March 21 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

What kind of mech you running_
It is the Raider mech.

#6 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted March 21 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostRehnos, on March 21 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

Listen buddy. I wasn't bragging first of all, and second of all! I don't care if you "Know" people out there. Don't comment on my forum with your condescending attitude. I do aim... and I hit what I aim at. The aiming spot on a Beserker is probably un-proportionate to how I would actually aim at it. The CHASSIS!!!

Nope. The hitbox is the same for other A-classes. The Berserker has faster dodging than others and can boost in the air slightly longer, but that's it. The only possible explanation is you're just not aiming good enough. You might find it easier using a different mech though.

Also, don't lash out at veterans here. Nothing good comes from it.

Edited by nokari, March 21 2014 - 11:03 AM.

Posted Image

#7 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted March 21 2014 - 11:02 AM

View PostRehnos, on March 21 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

Hi there fellow Hawken pilots! This is Rehnos reporting a pretty annoying glitch, or just a norm of the game. Every game I play with an enemy Beserker in a match, every time I go up against him/her, I can't hit the mech! It is very very hard to hit a Beserker when he/she is on the move. And don't get me wrong I am a pretty good player, I am almost always in first second or third on the end scoreboards. I hit what I shoot at, and don't miss often. So when I have my cross-hairs right on the Beserker's chassis, I just can't seem to hit it. The real only luck I've had in hitting them often is when I shoot something with an intense A.O.E. Like a rocket or charge. I do hit them sometimes, but it is extremely hard to do. Even when I am aiming right at him. Please leave friendly comments below, and please don't disagree for no reason, actually have a legitimate reason for your disagreeing.

I hit 'em and kill 'em every game.  I also pilot Berserker and I get killed so there is no glitch in that respect. you may want to look at your aim. Take your time tracking your target and make sure your mouse sensitivity isn't too high.   Rushing the shot is the most common error when the battlefield jitters kick in and you're trying to get that kill.

This is a friendly response and as such I offer this:

You should tone down that "I am a good player" brag.  Better to have others saying that about you than to make yourself a target. When you say you are 1, 2, or 3 on the boards you don't say what level you're playing in. There are some "really good players" in this game and I'll bet you haven't encountered some of them yet.
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#8 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted March 21 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostRehnos, on March 21 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

IT IS PRETTY OBVIOUS THAT ANYONE IS WASTING HIS TIME POSTING HERE.

Posted Image

#9 Nosmer

Nosmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted March 21 2014 - 11:04 AM

Ping may be the problem. I play Raider too, and ReFlak tends to miss first 2-3 shots. Try leading the target. This, and you haven't met good Scout pilots yet. That's what a real problem is.

#10 MechCraft

MechCraft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted March 21 2014 - 11:04 AM

A couple things:

1) If your ping is at ~100 or higher, you will need to lead all your shots slightly. To get a feel for how much, shoot at a wall before the match begins and see how long it takes for the impact to register. Adjust your aim accordingly.

2) You mention that you're piloting a Raider. Remember that the projectiles from the MIRV (shotgun) mode of your secondary have a built-in travel time - they won't impact instantly. Lead your shots, or wait until immediately after the Zerker dodges before firing your secondary.

Speedy A-classes dodging around can be aggravating, but once you learn to predict their movements and fine-tune your aim to compensate for any ping disparities, you should be able to hold your own against them. Good hunting.
Beware of ninjas.

#11 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted March 21 2014 - 11:05 AM

View Postnokari, on March 21 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

yep, it's like starting a battle you can never win (especially when AJK comes around ...)

Posted Image

#12 Nosmer

Nosmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted March 21 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on March 21 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

IT IS PRETTY OBVIOUS THAT ANYONE IS WASTING HIS TIME POSTING HERE.
Yes, and_

#13 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted March 21 2014 - 11:07 AM

While it can be hard to hit one of the fast A classes imo it's not impossible. I usually have no hitbox issues. In which server region were you playing_ What was your ping_

I recommend to wait with firing your secondary weapon until after the Berserker dodges. BTW: when playing the Raider I always use the Corsair-KLA in it's alternate fire mode (works like a shotgun).

Also:
Posted Image

#14 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted March 21 2014 - 11:32 AM

For EVERYONE who has trouble hitting a Zerker or any A-Class, I have got the solution(s):

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by FakeName, March 21 2014 - 11:33 AM.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#15 Phantasmo

Phantasmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted March 21 2014 - 11:43 AM

There are subjective statements such as "I'm very good", "No you are not", etc.
And then there are cold facts. I see a lot A LOT more Berserkers and Scouts ending as MVP than I see C classes.

They have veary easy weapons to use (sustained firing SMC, Vulcan, AR or shotgun-like weapons) and a straight flying rocket.
Essentially they pack the same or better burst/DPS damage as heavy mechs, but they are much easier to play with.

Ping and latency are online gaming issues and very fast targets just make them worse.

#16 LinearFox

LinearFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted March 21 2014 - 11:46 AM

MIRV + Bolt = still win

Posted Image

South Asia Team

LinearFOX

#17 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted March 21 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostLinearFox, on March 21 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

MIRV + Bolt = still win

</thread>

Posted Image

#18 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted March 21 2014 - 12:08 PM

God, where is the fun in creating discussions when people put out the fire_

View Postnokari, on March 21 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

I`ll fix it later.

#19 Eman29

Eman29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted March 21 2014 - 02:53 PM

I would pay to see this guy play against MetalBeard.
It would go like this.

Posted Image

#20 SectionZ

SectionZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationA-Town

Posted March 21 2014 - 04:51 PM

Hello, new player here.  All of 9 and a half hours of Fred Time clocked into my Mech Stats.

Berserkers have like, what.  A little over half the hitpoints of my Recruit_  Hitting a Berserker IS harder, but you need to hit them less to kill them (manually detonating TOW is your friend).  The decent ones will take a good chunk out of you, but since you are both armed with the same guns potentially it's down to the difference in hitpoints and mobility.  If I sneak up on a Berserker and get a free shot in they are much more screwed than if a berserker sneaks up on me.  That and TEAM GAME (outside of solo deathmatch) so try to avoid 1vs1 unless you are sure you can win.

However, there IS a quite large "Not Skill Reliant" gap between what A ranks are merely harder for me to hit, and which ones are VERY hard for me to hit.

Hitting an fellow newbie who ground dashes a lot, or just floats their berserker up in the air instead like a slow blimp.  Not too bad.
Hitting an enemy many pilot ranks higher than me who side dashes away from my TOW mid air, and general "Air Dash as much as possible" by using an Internal I couldn't unlock with Hawken points even if I wanted to yet.  Much harder.

That aside, Lights NEED to be dodgy as hell to survive though.  If they were not making themselves a complete ***** to hit then they are just a something to be crushed in passing (See also, literally oneshotting unlucky lights in MWO from full health with a pair of Gauss.  Sorry about that, I was trying to oneshot your LEG full of missile ammo off instead!  Not instantly kill you!).

Just because it just takes some effort to hit doesn't automatically make it "it's easy you dumbass newb, learn to aim" any more than "Oh my god this is impossible!".

Probably why I won't be using the A classes much myself later because I'd just hate to be mashing side dodges that much more frequently.  The concept of WAVE DASHING makes me fear for my fingers and keyboard which already has a slight divot in the S, and a larger fingertip "print" and grooves in the D key.  Playing an A without side dashing every moment I can will get me killed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Patch, Game, Forum, Announcement, Beta, Community, Review, Update, Screenshot, Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users