HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Beserker mech is impossible to hit!

Patch Game Forum Announcement Beta Community Review Update Screenshot Video

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 VocalMagic

VocalMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted March 21 2014 - 05:16 PM

"Can't hit this guy. Must be a bug."

...Seems legit.

I'll try shouting it again today: "Saturnine! Saturnine! Stop the spam, Saturnine!"

_, ,_ ∩ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
( ゚∀゚)彡 S9!S9!▒▒▒
 ⊂彡▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

#22 D_Anconia

D_Anconia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 22 2014 - 01:30 AM

For the people stating that it is user error you are mistaken.  Hawken is flawed in that players with better internet, computers, customised game files, and player skill can simply do maneuvers that other players cannot.

Just the facts of life.

#23 XyXly

XyXly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted March 22 2014 - 03:38 AM

rocketeers stand by

#24 redslion

redslion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted March 22 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostPhantasmo, on March 21 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

And then there are cold facts. I see a lot A LOT more Berserkers and Scouts ending as MVP than I see C classes.

Well, when I get into my Brawler sometimes it happens something like this:

Even if one guy gets MVP, I can easily destroy him in a direct confrontation (AKA: I can aim better/move better/my mech is stronger). Not a big feat, I find lowbies most of the time, no matter how I choose the server. The difference in score is because he managed to stay in the fight with the team much longer than me. And I have to be careful about getting flanked. And I usually play very casually, so maybe is also my fault.XD

In random games C-class mechs are usually left behind because of absent coordination. They can still fare quite well, but might not fight as much as other mechs.

With TTK reduction C-classes have actually been buffed: light mechs have less room for escaping, and have much less health compared to a C class in proportion. Especially the Brawler.

#25 VocalMagic

VocalMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted March 22 2014 - 01:35 PM

View Postredslion, on March 22 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

And then there are cold facts. I see a lot A LOT more Berserkers and Scouts ending as MVP than I see C classes.

Even if one guy gets MVP, I can easily destroy him in a direct confrontation (AKA: I can aim better/move better/my mech is stronger). Not a big feat, I find lowbies most of the time, no matter how I choose the server. The difference in score is because he managed to stay in the fight with the team much longer than me. And I have to be careful about getting flanked. And I usually play very casually, so maybe is also my fault.XD

In random games C-class mechs are usually left behind because of absent coordination. They can still fare quite well, but might not fight as much as other mechs.

With TTK reduction C-classes have actually been buffed: light mechs have less room for escaping, and have much less health compared to a C class in proportion. Especially the Brawler.
I really like Brawlers on my team when i'm Tech-ing. I can spend less time healing them and more time healing the others around him.
...If they know the proper usage of the turret mode.

Edited by VocalMagic, March 22 2014 - 01:36 PM.

I'll try shouting it again today: "Saturnine! Saturnine! Stop the spam, Saturnine!"

_, ,_ ∩ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
( ゚∀゚)彡 S9!S9!▒▒▒
 ⊂彡▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

#26 redslion

redslion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted March 22 2014 - 03:36 PM

View PostVocalMagic, on March 22 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

View Postredslion, on March 22 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

I really like Brawlers on my team when i'm Tech-ing. I can spend less time healing them and more time healing the others around him.
...If they know the proper usage of the turret mode.

I agree, brawlers are really dangerous and can survive a lot. But that might separate them from the team IMHO, giving them less kills.

Like those games in deathmatch where there are too few players. You dominate everyone you meet, but don't come first because you didn't meet as many opponents as someone else.

Edited by redslion, March 22 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#27 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 23 2014 - 05:11 AM

View Postredslion, on March 22 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

I agree, brawlers are really dangerous and can survive a lot. But that might separate them from the team IMHO, giving them less kills.

Like those games in deathmatch where there are too few players. You dominate everyone you meet, but don't come first because you didn't meet as many opponents as someone else.

Heavies fit best in objective game modes, it's infinitely harder to get a good C-Class off the AA than an light mech.
(Especially with Tech healing either)

Edited by Stingz, March 23 2014 - 05:12 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#28 redslion

redslion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted March 23 2014 - 06:38 AM

View PostStingz, on March 23 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

View Postredslion, on March 22 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

Heavies fit best in objective game modes, it's infinitely harder to get a good C-Class off the AA than an light mech.
(Especially with Tech healing either)

Yeah, what I mean is: I'm starting to think you won't see the strength of a C class by its position in the scoreboard, because it will mostly scare away the enemy more than killing him.

#29 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted March 23 2014 - 07:16 AM

Getting MVP with a C Class is a lot harder than with B or A classes. You are more team reliant. You can't escape as easily and in some situations you just have to fight because you will die or by some miracle win . Not fast enough to chase enemies that are almost dead which is a big point deduct. Have to be more aware so you don't end up in  terrible situation. Their more for team based game modes.

Personally I don't like air compressor. I preferred when combat was ground to ground. Not going to happen so I will be right back.... got to equip air compressor on all me babies...

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#30 Phantasmo

Phantasmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted March 23 2014 - 09:11 AM

View PostBazookagofer, on March 23 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

Personally I don't like air compressor. I preferred when combat was ground to ground.

Same here. I'd like it to be removed or hard nerfed.

#31 Rehnos

Rehnos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY people! I don't live in the city! I am far from the city, and all I see are trees and mountains.

Posted March 23 2014 - 03:51 PM

View Postnokari, on March 21 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

View PostRehnos, on March 21 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

Listen buddy. I wasn't bragging first of all, and second of all! I don't care if you "Know" people out there. Don't comment on my forum with your condescending attitude. I do aim... and I hit what I aim at. The aiming spot on a Beserker is probably un-proportionate to how I would actually aim at it. The CHASSIS!!!

Nope. The hitbox is the same for other A-classes. The Berserker has faster dodging than others and can boost in the air slightly longer, but that's it. The only possible explanation is you're just not aiming good enough. You might find it easier using a different mech though.

Also, don't lash out at veterans here. Nothing good comes from it.
Okay it could also be because of lag. I didn't slash at the veterans in any way. Doofus over there figured it'd be a good idea to start attacking me for some reason. I love how he says that "I know people". Oh yeah good for you, you KNOW people who are good, not yourself. (Talking about the other guy)

#32 Rehnos

Rehnos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY people! I don't live in the city! I am far from the city, and all I see are trees and mountains.

Posted March 23 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostVocalMagic, on March 21 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

"Can't hit this guy. Must be a bug."

...Seems legit.
Until you see me play and hit in accuracy you can say fuzzy bunny. But until then keep it to yourself.

#33 Dew

Dew

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted March 23 2014 - 04:00 PM

If you can't hit an A-class then it's either your own fault or your ping is bad.

That's all there is to it.

#34 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted March 23 2014 - 04:26 PM

View PostRehnos, on March 23 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Listen buddy. I wasn't bragging first of all, and second of all! I don't care if you "Know" people out there. Don't comment on my forum with your condescending attitude. I do aim... and I hit what I aim at. The aiming spot on a Beserker is probably un-proportionate to how I would actually aim at it. The CHASSIS!!!

Nope. The hitbox is the same for other A-classes. The Berserker has faster dodging than others and can boost in the air slightly longer, but that's it. The only possible explanation is you're just not aiming good enough. You might find it easier using a different mech though.

Okay it could also be because of lag. I didn't slash at the veterans in any way. Doofus over there figured it'd be a good idea to start attacking me for some reason. I love how he says that "I know people". Oh yeah good for you, you KNOW people who are good, not yourself. (Talking about the other guy)

It was nothing to get upset over. Don't think anyone here is too dumb to not notice, and childish name calling is only going to paint yourself into a corner further, so leave it alone already.

Maybe lag has something to do with it from time to time, but that's just an excuse. It can't be lag all the time and if there is any, then that doesn't explain how I can deal with 15fps in every match and frequently come out as MVP and dominating Berserkers in a slow Rocketeer that is terrible for close-range combat while you think it's impossible to beat them with a mech that's designed for running down any A-class... Either you need to practice aiming and predicting faster movements more or you're better off choosing to play with a different mech that's more suited to your skills. That's all.

Edited by nokari, March 23 2014 - 04:28 PM.

Posted Image

#35 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted March 23 2014 - 05:35 PM

View Postnokari, on March 23 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

View PostRehnos, on March 23 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

It was nothing to get upset over. Don't think anyone here is too dumb to not notice, and childish name calling is only going to paint yourself into a corner further, so leave it alone already.

Maybe lag has something to do with it from time to time, but that's just an excuse. It can't be lag all the time and if there is any, then that doesn't explain how I can deal with 15fps in every match and frequently come out as MVP and dominating Berserkers in a slow Rocketeer that is terrible for close-range combat while you think it's impossible to beat them with a mech that's designed for running down any A-class... Either you need to practice aiming and predicting faster movements more or you're better off choosing to play with a different mech that's more suited to your skills. That's all.
If you have FPS issues do what nepacka did. He turned his game into plado graphics. I did too and now im hitting like at least 60 fps in 6 v 6 at AA.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#36 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted March 23 2014 - 06:29 PM

View PostBazookagofer, on March 23 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

If you have FPS issues do what nepacka did. He turned his game into plado graphics. I did too and now im hitting like at least 60 fps in 6 v 6 at AA.

No need. I'm rebuilding my computer already with parts on their way. It's not just Hawken I have problems with. My comp has been having performance problems across the board for a while.

Posted Image

#37 Threatlevel0

Threatlevel0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 09:08 AM

I have no idea what the OP is talking about, seriously, I can hit them with my G2-Assault pretty easily.   Even with them boosting and air-dodging all around me.  

Generally they're usually at about 75% armor by the time my G2-A is a pile of scrap.  

Might just be my mad G2-A skillz though...

what_  I'll just be over here....in the corner in the fetal position... letting this little droid comfort me....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Patch, Game, Forum, Announcement, Beta, Community, Review, Update, Screenshot, Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users