HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Your Thoughts on the New Raider

Game Community

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted March 28 2014 - 01:32 PM

I've been enjoying playing it for the last month or so. The way it was tickled my taint.
Here's to hoping it isn't get buffed to casual clowndom.

Posted Image

#22 Crocket101

Crocket101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 01:39 PM

Raider feels good methinks. Feels like it can actually do stuff.

#23 breadeffect

breadeffect

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted March 28 2014 - 03:34 PM

A bit too early to tell, but its got much more of a punch again that makes me happy.  I think the fact that the Corsair and the MIRV are sorta supposed to me interchanged efficiently now whereas it was optimal to just use corsair all the time is interesting.  Damage over range is a decent trade off.  I think the cooldown on the right might still need an adjustment to 3.25 or 3, but nothing under 3.  Essentially as it is now, its very difficult to overheat when your secondary is the literal length it takes to start cooling down without overheating.  Assuming you're not spamming your left click like a derp.

View PostNept, on February 08 2014 - 12:25 AM, said:

Yes, you know a game's gone in the wrong direction when the game's top players are defending the current patch.

#24 realitysconcierge

realitysconcierge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 06:29 PM

I don't know if it's just me but man, coming from the SMC to the ReFLAK it just feels like I'm throwing cotton balls in their face. Am I just using it wrong or is its DPS just that low_ It feels like the Corsair is doing the brunt of the work to me.

Edit:
Also quick question, is the raider able to skirmish one on one effectively_ I am having a heck of a time winning duels compared to when I pilot my Assault.

Edited by realitysconcierge, March 28 2014 - 06:30 PM.

#25 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted March 30 2014 - 12:01 AM

Personally I still do a little better in the Assault due to not having the knack of the timing on the Raider's 'laggy' weapons yet, but when I use the MIRV shotgun-like alt-mode on the Corsair up close and actually land the thing it is pretty brutal. I'm inconsistent with it but I think it is viable.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#26 palad1ne

palad1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Locationuninstalled

Posted March 30 2014 - 01:41 AM

View PostWasabi_Wei, on March 30 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

Personally I still do a little better in the Assault due to not having the knack of the timing on the Raider's 'laggy' weapons yet, but when I use the MIRV shotgun-like alt-mode on the Corsair up close and actually land the thing it is pretty brutal. I'm inconsistent with it but I think it is viable.

Yeah its very brutal IF you can land the shot. Tried for 2 Days to get again some closer to the new Raider. The Cooldown of the Secondary is very hard to time, but its possible. In combination with the T32 the Mech could do some good job.

But this Mech does not work out anymore. Its frustrating to play the Raider in the actual State for two Reasons.

1. The Mech is too slow and to clumsy(my Vanguard feels faster)

2.  The T32 Bolt and the MIRV are so much Connection depended. The spread is so gigantic, like firing Hellfire in a close fight, when the Server Connection is bad. Also the T32 is bugged IMO. It just stop working in Situation where you most need it. Frustrating like Hell.

In Offline Mode the Mech works good, but online, no thanks. To much frustration being stomped by Sustain Kings again.

Maybe next patch.

#27 Zombaio

Zombaio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 02:40 AM

They buffed (slightly) his HP and gave him longer cooling time..

This is almost the exact opposite of what he needed. Case and point:

The Raider is supposed to be a burst assassin. Right now he is sustained close range mech that relies mainly on lading the Corsair -KLA, which fires once every 4 years. If you land the KLA you have some chance, if you miss the KLA you are already dead, regardless of how many primary shots you land.

To make him real viable burst assasin in my opinion they should have doubled the fire rate of the Corsair-KLA but only in MIRV mode. (since the single granade is slightly longer range).
This of course will come at the price of more heat being generated and having to pull back. Which is pretty balanced.

This is how you fix a slightly underpowered Raider.

#28 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 06:41 PM

I've always felt the raider was a highly position specific mech.  Destructive in close quarters.  Minimal utility at range.  This hasn't changed much, although the changes make it more nasty when you can get up in an enemy's grill.  Charged bolt is pretty nice and can keep you in a fight as long as you connect with your shotgun...as well as helping to avoid overheating due to spamming left click. The grenade launcher seems useful for nothing more than suppression fire.  The delay really limits its utility.

#29 Hell_Diguner

Hell_Diguner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 06:54 PM

I've seen it all over the forums since the Steam patch: most of the forum-going people with an opinion wanted (and from what I've seen still want) the Corsair to have a faster rate of fire, to hell with it "breaking the animations."

#30 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 30 2014 - 06:55 PM

Both modes of Corsair definitely need a faster reload, GL is rarely useful outside of artillery support for teammates, and you're probably dead if you missed a MIRV shot while dueling.

I doubt much if any players would whine about choppy animations if they got a faster loading Corsair.
You can work on the animations later, when players don't need a Sharpshooter degree of accuracy to use Corsair.

Edited by Stingz, March 30 2014 - 07:07 PM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#31 Planerunner

Planerunner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationHere. Right here.

Posted March 30 2014 - 07:32 PM

The devs have stated that the animation of the Corsair/MIRV can't be sped up any further, so although they would like to tweak it more it is not possible without an extensive rework. Raising the damage was a workaround rather than a true fix.

That's a really poor excuse. The devs obviously don't want any real sustain on this mech. This permanently gimps it as a viable mech in this meta. If I MUST land my one main shot from the MIRV, I might as well go play a Sharpshooter which can possibly land its main shot at just about any range. You don't assign a close range B class ONE SHOT every four seconds, with a shotgun spread, make it slower than an A class, and expect it to do well in this meta.

ADH purposefully gimped it for now. They can easily adjust the cooldown on the MIRV, animations be damned. Why . . . who knows_

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users