HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Interview with Adhesive Games Co-Founder Khang Le

News Interview Press

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted September 27 2012 - 01:48 PM

MMOBomb.com has published an interview with Adhesive Games co-founder Khang Le from Comikaze in Los Angeles last week.

Posted Image

MMOBomb.com said:

MMOBomb: You have mentioned customization as an option for players to pay real money for. What level of customization can players potentially expect_

Khang Le said:

Well I think mech games fit really well with the Free to Pay model because you can customize your mech like you would customize your car, from the body to the internals like the engines and everything that affects gameplay. We want to separate the visual customization from the stat customization though because in the past games like ChromeHounds where the visual aspects of the mechs were tied to the stats meant once someone found an optimal build everyone would look the same.

So we are trying to keep the visual side separate from what actually changes how your mech performs. But beyond the internal and external customizations we also have the skill trees which are broken up into defense, offense, and speed. Depending on how many points you have you can do very different things to your mech like changing how fast your weapons heat up or your movement speed.

There are also three different weight classes for you to choose from. So for example if you are more of a Quake style of player and you really like speed, you can go for a light mech which focuses more on speed and maneuverability and then spend points in the speed skill tree to make yourself even faster. On the heavy class you can put everything into armor and play the game more like MechWarrior where you are super slow but you don’t have to dodge the enemy, you can sit there and kinda tank the damage for your teamates.

Read the full interview on MMOBomb.com.
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#2 Nirohda

Nirohda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted September 27 2012 - 02:34 PM

I noticed that Khang also said that he did not like die over and over again. So far we are doing a lot of that in this version of the game. As much as I love the game, I hope we will be able to utilize more strategy that Khang spoke about in this interview.

Thanks for sharing it, its always good to see how the Game Designer view's his own game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Interview, Press

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users