HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mech customization_

Game Community

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NECRO_TYPE1

NECRO_TYPE1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted March 28 2014 - 11:42 AM

I've recently started playing 'Hawken' and love the game. Recently, I heard about a former "tuning system" that had been removed from the game. I would like to see some of that customization return. Most players find a mech-type they prefer and want to stick with to improve and customize but are severely limited to what we can do. I would suggest a more in-depth customization ability like the previous tuning system to increase your attributes of your mech rather than a shallow upgrade purchase.

Thoughts_

#2 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted March 28 2014 - 11:48 AM

Unfortunately, a tuning system like those we had before will not be returning. It created to many unfair builds and affected the balance to much. That is why it was removed.

#3 NECRO_TYPE1

NECRO_TYPE1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted March 28 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostSandSpider, on March 28 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

Unfortunately, a tuning system like those we had before will not be returning. It created to many unfair builds and affected the balance to much. That is why it was removed.

I can see the issues that would arise from the previous system. However, what about the prospect of a class specific tuning system_

#4 NECRO_TYPE1

NECRO_TYPE1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted March 28 2014 - 12:39 PM

Also, if you want to develop your mech without playing for hundreds of hours there is a hefty cost. Playing one round of death gives you less than 200 HC points and that's already 10 minutes. Playing Co-op gives you a bump, but not that much in regards to how much time you just spent playing through 26 waves. It's a little frustrating. I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

#5 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted March 28 2014 - 12:55 PM

View PostNECRO_TYPE1, on March 28 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Also, if you want to develop your mech without playing for hundreds of hours there is a hefty cost. Playing one round of death gives you less than 200 HC points and that's already 10 minutes. Playing Co-op gives you a bump, but not that much in regards to how much time you just spent playing through 26 waves. It's a little frustrating. I'm sure I'm not alone on this.
You are not alone.
While it's not the worst, many players recognize that Hawken's grind is substantial.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, March 28 2014 - 12:56 PM.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#6 Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss.

Posted March 28 2014 - 10:46 PM

It's what the previous posters have said, the reason it was removed was because people would make what you would consider "unfair", builts and it turned the game into WoW balancing for the devs when it came to weapons. :/ Plus the majority of people had made universal specs that didn't have all that much variation inbetween the different mechs. A types would go speed, B types would go power and C types would go power or defence. With everybody theory crafting into 1 universal spec for power, speed and defence. So the devs just normalized it and saved themselves a headache of threads.

Posted Image

#7 NECRO_TYPE1

NECRO_TYPE1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted March 31 2014 - 06:15 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on March 28 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

You are not alone.
While it's not the worst, many players recognize that Hawken's grind is substantial.

I understand the reasoning for taking the tweaking system out of the game.

On the HC points issue, it moves absurdly slow. Even the payable options (meteor points) seem much too expensive. I'm positive if they reduced the cost of buying these points, the developers would see a marked increase in pay-out. If they just tweaked the point system for playing it would really take off in a better direction. I know many PC gamers that would love this game but cut it short due to their inability to progress in their experience without having to spend major amounts of money on useless items like a "paint job."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users