HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HEY HAWKEN FIX YOUR MATCHMAKING

Update Review Announcement Award Event Forum Community Game News Preview

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ArcTyriel

ArcTyriel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 29 2014 - 08:20 AM

Dear Hawken,

How is it that you can make what appears to be the best mech fighter sim ever created.. YET YOU CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO BALANCE A F***ING TEAM!_!!_!!!

With all due respect, this could be done BY A FIVE YEAR OLD!!

Did we not learn in pre-school how to pick a "team"!_

Here let me elaborate...
1team

noun ˈtēm
: a group of people who compete in a sport, game, etc., against another group
: a group of people who work together

So in short a team or 'tem, also known as a group of people working towards a common goal is often enjoyed by both "sides" when THEY ARE F***ING EVEN!!!

Here let me elaborate...

e·ven
1   [ee-vuhPosted ImagePosted Imagen] line; parallel: even with the ground.
free from variations or fluctuations; regular: even motion.
uniform in action, character, or quality: to hold an even course.
equal in measure or quantity: Add even amounts of oil and vinegar.

So to recap, what we have most importanly is "on the same level" and or.. "equal in measure or quantity"

Is any of this getting through to you apes_ How many people have brought this to your attention_ How hard is it to write a line of code that says;

Hey there partner i see you've only got the trial mech, let's not put you with the people who have spent $300 on Meteor credits and have 7 lvl 6 mechs who enjoy playing 6 hours a day, why don't we throw you over here with these 2 guys who average an hour every few days and only have 3 mechs..

Oh hello there person who left the match when he was losing, guess you'll have to wait 5 minutes before joining another, the next time you do that today it will be 10 minutes, then 15 minutes, until the system that we have devised shows us that you've played sufficiently enough and contributed enough kills, damage, caps, what have you, to allow us to stop running our sentences on and on and on in frustration and place you back in the 1st offender 5 min penalty box.

Welcome back young lad, i see you play an average of 12 hours a week, you've spent some time leveling some mechs and you probably have a good idea of how the game works, lets place you with some people of the same caliber.

Last but not least, ahoy matey, i see you never do anything and you on average rage quit for 3 hours a week, in the last 13209 matches youve sustained 300x that of the damage that you have dealt, because you are a troll and enjoy sitting in the middle of whatever fight you can find, using all your fuel to try and boost into the heavens above in a useless attempt as you are constantly torn apart by rocket after rocket after rocket... I dont think you are healthy to this community therefore were going to ban you for 1 week, next time it will be 2 weeks. Please refrain from taking the fun out of things for other people and do not purchase competitive games if you do not wish to be competitive, thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks again Hawken for making the best worst competitive game out there.
and FIX YOU MOTHERF***ING MATCHMAKING!

Edited by ArcTyriel, March 29 2014 - 08:22 AM.

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted March 29 2014 - 08:34 AM

DAMN bro

Edited by EliteShooter, March 29 2014 - 08:34 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Trych

Trych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted March 29 2014 - 08:37 AM

Screaming at them and being an a**hole about it will definitely help fix the problem.

ideas are bad

#4 NLsandman

NLsandman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 29 2014 - 08:38 AM

Ah that's what I call a bug report.....

#5 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 29 2014 - 08:44 AM

What about saying.... please_

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#6 ArcTyriel

ArcTyriel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 29 2014 - 09:20 AM

Please

#7 ArcTyriel

ArcTyriel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 29 2014 - 09:26 AM

View PostTrych, on March 29 2014 - 08:37 AM, said:

Screaming at them and being an a**hole about it will definitely help fix the problem.

I'm sure asking them nicely will do so much more than explaining it as i have in a frustrated yet controlled manner. Good job taking the time to inform me of my mistake, i do appreciate it so much when i get a reply from someone who obviously has none of the same frustrations that i do. Oh and believe me, i have no doubt in my mind that my one lonely post won't change a thing. Go figure that i would actually hope to get some real feedback rather than useless posts about my demeanor.

#8 SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationThe country of tea and crumpets

Posted March 29 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostArcTyriel, on March 29 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

Dear Hawken,

How is it that you can make what appears to be the best mech fighter sim ever created.. YET YOU CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO BALANCE A F***ING TEAM!_!!_!!!

With all due respect, this could be done BY A FIVE YEAR OLD!!

Thanks again Hawken for making the best worst competitive game out there.
and FIX YOU MOTHERF***ING MATCHMAKING!

View PostArcTyriel, on March 29 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

I'm sure asking them nicely will do so much more than explaining it as i have in a frustrated yet controlled manner.

frustrated yet controlled manner.
yet controlled manner
yet controlled
controlled
Posted Image

#9 Hellrazer_001

Hellrazer_001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted March 29 2014 - 04:13 PM

tsk tsk tsk

Posted Image

Edited by Hellrazer_001, March 29 2014 - 04:14 PM.

#10 Squeedge

Squeedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationI HAVE BIG THEETH

Posted April 02 2014 - 02:18 AM

How to solve matchmaking 101:
1) Add scrimbot and start a chat just writing mmr.
2a) If your mmr is 1400 Congratz! you found out why they match you with all the trech aka ELO Hell.
2b)If your mmr strangly is higher that your IQ probably you should ask your self why you are so stupid.
2c)Seriusly just play what you know how to play, dont experiment just fuking won with a good score and move to another mmr place. You would get supriced that the same people that you are matched in actually had the same amount of mmr than you, but mmr dont represent your level its just a number that matches you with other players with the same number and this number vary with an equation that its equal to stats that says if you are or not good enought.

Posted Image

#11 Breech

Breech

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 03:43 AM

Matchmaking is in every online game a big problem and there was never a real solution for it. It may be get a little bit better and that's it. It's not that every single game I join is completely unbalanced but in most cases I talk to my team to regroup etc. so they won't do sh*t all the time. It really helps, you should try it too.
Posted Image

#12 xXxF4gg0txXx

xXxF4gg0txXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 07:06 AM

How about you don't use matchmaking and manually join servers with 3 stars_

#13 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted April 02 2014 - 09:35 AM

BALANCE A F***ING TEAM!_!!_!!!
THEY ARE F***ING EVEN!!!
FIX YOU MOTHERF***ING MATCHMAKING!

WATCH YOUR F***ING LANGUAGE!!!

View PostxXxF4gg0txXx, on April 02 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

How about you don't use matchmaking and manually join servers with 3 stars_

I agree with this F4gg0t

#14 Sha0lin_Drag0n

Sha0lin_Drag0n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted April 04 2014 - 09:28 PM

I do agree that matchmaking isn't as good as it should be...but I really dislike the "teams abandoned" statistic. I understand it is necessary to kind of give those quitters something to worry about (not that many of them actually care that that statistic exists), but what really pisses me off is that sometimes when I use the auto-matchmaking, I get dropped into games where there is almost no hope for the team I am on. Normally, I would just quit since I hadn't even spawned yet and I see that it would not be worth the loss since I did not even play for 3/4 of the game.

Honestly, if you are going to "punish" people who leave, don't automatically put new people on a team on the get go (especially if the score is so one sided that loss is almost guaranteed for the team you were placed on). Or don't let people join games where the score is 280/3000 (I've actually joined a game where the losing team somehow turned it around and won, but that happens like 1 out of every 30 games when there is a huge difference in score).

Or display the score on the server match list so we know what we are getting into.

The whole reason matchmaking "sucks" for me is because of this fact. I would really like some fix of this.

Edited by Sha0lin_Drag0n, April 04 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#15 Furjio

Furjio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted May 11 2014 - 07:10 PM

I also am so frustrated about the matchmaking process because just after completing basic training (and this is my first FPS game ever) I ended up at the unsavory end of a massacre-gangbang-killparty for about 5 or so matches. Then after the matches there's a carousel that shows the top scorers with that blue circle and wing badge announcing they are level 30 pilots...wtf..I mean I know how the original poster feels because I thought of writing the same post out of frustration.

But honestly...with the infinite syncing thing, and lag, I just dont have time for this.

Ill check back when I retire, hope the dev teams fixed up the problems by then.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update, Review, Announcement, Award, Event, Forum, Community, Game, News, Preview

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users