HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Damage multiplier_

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Aderan_

Aderan_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted April 01 2014 - 02:07 PM

I've logged about 50 hours in game, and have gotten used to most of the game mechanics and whatnot. But one thing I'm still wondering about is what seems to be a consistent damage multiplier during a battle.

In a firefight with another mech, their health bar flashes yellow for the amount of damage they just took. However, sometimes (if you catch them with a lot of automatic fire, or when a whole squad of mechs is going against one) their health bar will just melt into yellow really quickly, and they don't stand a chance.

This is also true with your own health bar if your going against something like the G2 Assault with twin Vulcans. And it leads me to believe that there's a sort of "consistent damage multiplier" in game.

My question is this: does such thing exist in the damage models_
And if so, what would be better in the following scenario:

Say you were an Assault, Recruit, or Beserker, and you had an automatic primary, and the TOW missle secondary. You then come to someone's flank and you have the opportunity to surprise them. If the multiplier existed, would it be better to hit them with the TOW first, take a chunk of their health to turn it yellow, and then lay on the automatic fire to continue the multiplier_ Or would it be better to soften them up with automatic fire first , start the multiplier, and then nail them with a good TOW shot_

I don't know if this is a question for Devs, but I have a feeling some more experienced players can give some feedback or share their thoughts.

Thanks for your input.

#2 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted April 01 2014 - 02:10 PM

The only damage multipliers in the game exist on turreted C classes. If you hit them from the back, you'll deal extra damage, and if you hit them from the front, you deal less damage.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#3 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted April 01 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostSilverfire, on April 01 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

The only damage multipliers in the game exist on turreted C classes. If you hit them from the back, you'll deal extra damage, and if you hit them from the front, you deal less damage.

Don't forget the Beserker's damage ability. About 8%, right_

Get your hard on.

#4 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted April 01 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostxXHadroncutterXx, on April 01 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

View PostSilverfire, on April 01 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Don't forget the Beserker's damage ability. About 8%, right_

Oops! Forgot about that one.  And also the Grenadier's turret mode 20% added damage multiplier...And the Sharpshooter's Powershot ability...

Technically speaking, the OP was referring to non-ability damage multipliers, I think.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#5 teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 05:59 PM

I think hes referring to additive multipliers like you hit someone once for 2x damage, hit them again for 3x damage, etc etc, like in certain smash em up games like Batman Arkham Series.

#6 Aderan_

Aderan_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted April 01 2014 - 08:09 PM

View Postteeth_03, on April 01 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

I think hes referring to additive multipliers like you hit someone once for 2x damage, hit them again for 3x damage, etc etc, like in certain smash em up games like Batman Arkham Series.

Actually, thats exactly what I was referring to. Although I do appreaciate the damage model sum-ups! But yes, teeth, Thats what I was talking about. I mean, is it just me, or do people go down REALLY fast when theres multiple people firing, or when you lay down consistent damage_
Maybe its just the way damage is displayed then...

#7 Zycat

Zycat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 01:56 AM

Red0x does that. Technician default primary that is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users