HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

March 27 update bug: players lose millions of universal XP (hidden cap at 200000xp)

Patch Game Update

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kudzo

kudzo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted April 04 2014 - 03:54 AM

Actually, there is a huge bug in the update, that makes players lose millions of universal XP.
There is a hidden universal pool cap at 200000 xp. And it is nowhere in the update notes. So all my friends at once lost xp that exceeds 200000.
Someone lost 300000 xp and someone lost 1500000 xp.

Investigate it, please, and bring XP back.

#2 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted April 04 2014 - 04:45 AM

I'm also experiencing this and have lost millions of XP.
I'm losing XP on every match that I play because the limit will not allow any more XP to be added.

Additionally, having to spend meteor credits to convert universal XP into free XP is absolute porpoise hork.
Free XP is misleading. Swindler XP is more accurate.
it's always been wankershim

#3 palad1ne

palad1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Locationuninstalled

Posted April 05 2014 - 03:05 AM

I must admint i also dont understand the purpose of this two kinds of XP

Earlier you could use universal XP to pump some mechs. Normal XP had to be converted with MC to universal XP. Thats how it was.

Now i have millions of regular XP and 200000 Universal XP capped. But i must now convert the universal XP too with real Money. Wtf _ Did i miss something.

Whats the point of the universal XP anyway _ I can only use it when converting it to MECH XP with Cash.

so i have now 3 different sort of XP.

- regular XP
- universal xp
- usable transfer XP

first two are useless. so whats the point _

#4 kudzo

kudzo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 12:05 AM

Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks from March 27 update.
Any one out there to solve the bug, hawken team_

#5 [HWK]Vanashinkaku

[HWK]Vanashinkaku

Game Designer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 04:21 PM

This is not a bug and by design, however it looks like communication issues to properly explain the changes to the system.

So, when we revamped this system, we wanted to make the system easier to use by removing unnecessary steps.   First, we started with removing the need to transfer experience off of the mech, and instead made all of this experience automatically transfer into the Universal XP pool.  This simply shifts where the pay wall is, having the player pay to move the UXP to the mech, rather than off of a mech, eliminating a needless extra step.    

The old UxpPool use to house all of the experience already paid for (IE, this experience was able to be transferred onto mechs without a cost.  This new UxpPool holds all of the experience gained (that has not been paid for) and can be transfered onto mechs by using MC.

So what happend to the old UxpPool's Experience_  All of the experience which had already been paid for in the old Universal XP pool was transferred into the "Free XP" pool.  We did this to make sure that players who had already purchased (spent meteor credits) to get this  XP off of mechs and into the pool would remain without a cost.   The FreeXP pool has no limit to the amount of experience a player can store in it.

Now, all of the old XP that was sitting on mechs before (that was not paid for with MC to convert to the old UxpPool) was transferred to the UxpPool.  However, since the new UxpPool has a set limit (200,000 XP) any old XP that was not paid for to move off of these mechs over the 200k xp mark was forfeit.

So, why is there a cap to the UxpPool_  Well to put it simply we want to promote this system and encourage players to use the extra XP they earn to help level their other mechs faster.   Having a cap (limit)  where XP over time begins to be lost encourages players to free up room in the UxpPool so that XP is not lost.

So there it is,

TL;DR
We removed the step of paying to move the XP off of the mech completely and XP earned past the mechs cap is automatically stored in the Universal XP pool.  You now pay to move experience from the Universal XP pool directly to mechs, instead of off of them.
If you paid for or had XP sitting in the universal XP pool in the past, that experience is now in the "Free XP" pool and can be transferred onto any mech for free.
All extra XP that was not paid for (sitting idly on mechs) was transferred to the Universal XP pool.  However, if you had over 200,000XP that exceeds the cap and was forfeit.

#6 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 09 2014 - 12:49 AM

Forfeited XP............... brilliant idea..........

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#7 kudzo

kudzo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted April 09 2014 - 12:51 AM

1. So, hawken team still can not state why cap existence had not being mentioned before the update in advance (two weeks maybe)_
As it is now it looks like it was done intentionally to get rid of potential big universal XP pools. And disappoint players that where about to promote their new mechs from zero to max rank at once. (and pay you large sums for transfer)

View Post[HWK]Vanashinkaku, on April 08 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

So, why is there a cap to the UxpPool_  Well to put it simply we want to promote this system and encourage players to use the extra XP they earn to help level their other mechs faster.   Having a cap (limit)  where XP over time begins to be lost encourages players to free up room in the UxpPool so that XP is not lost.
That's totally wrong idea for your business since you demand real money for transfer. Consider this:
If you allow uncapped universal XP pools -
2.1. players do not need to track and worry about it(universal XP pool) status.
2.2. unlimited universal XP pools for players cost you nothing.
2.3. players can transfer larger XP sums from unlimited universal XP pools at once, and pay more real money for this large XP transfers.
2.4. no players frustrations of loosing potential XP for may be several new mechs, they are about to buy, when they forget about their universal XP pools capped status.

Edited by kudzo, April 09 2014 - 02:19 AM.

#8 kudzo

kudzo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted April 18 2014 - 02:11 AM

So_ Is it okay to "Forfeit" the money income for your company_

#9 CheetahMk2

CheetahMk2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 02:14 AM

http://steamcommunit...s/_id=256671790

I've been playing since Beta and took a break for a few months. Just logged in, played 1 match, lost 150k XP.

Not happy.

Edited by CheetahMk2, May 05 2014 - 02:18 AM.

#10 nanocage

nanocage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNRW

Posted May 05 2014 - 03:27 AM

The UI in the aftermatch screen clearly tells you how much XP you lose above the cap. This is written even in red letters. Obviously this can't be a bug, when someone had to design this UI.

c12c3c4c5c1c6c7c8c2c9c1c3c2c3c4c4c

%10c5c5c6c6c7c7c

%11c8c9c8c9c1c2c1c2c3c4c3c4c

%10c5c5c6c6c7c7c

%11c8c8c9c1c1c2c3c2c4c5c6c3c7c8c1c23

#11 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted August 17 2014 - 02:37 PM

Not a bug -- but relevant to comment that follows:

So all of my mechs (of which I own 2 each except G2-Assault/Raider, Grenadier, and Vanguard) are fully leveled and I am max'ed out at 200k and losing XP every game (except for a hitsload of Techs that I never plan to level up). I'm really enjoying this. :angry:

Sorry about necro'ing this thread.

Edited by caduceus26, August 17 2014 - 02:43 PM.

ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Patch, Game, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users