HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken now has become cheap than the first trailer

Game

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted April 06 2014 - 03:33 AM

Most of the players agree that these abrs are ugly and just lower the fun in the game. Put it somewhere else INTO THE COCKPIT!
^ this

Trailer that excited me very first was "MechShooter".
But for now, "Hawken" is a "mediocrity FPS".

This game please do not forget that it is "MechShooter".
^ this

i use quote myself from OP duplicate topic, cuz it is true :Ъ
Spoiler
^ and this

so...

what is the point of this thread_
hm...what is the point_...
uh! i know!
do you wanna hear the point__

the point of this thread it's - whining!

Why_ Beacause i see how devs killing all elements in game which gave it uniqueness. Now it's gone.

i see one clearly facts, and maybe it's right. really, i'm not sure. or don't know.
Now devs create games for people, who will play in hawken about 1-2 weeks and then deleted from the computer. And these are the people who are asking to change the interface, reduce the speed and make air-dodge, and added other nonsense.
But eventually they stop playing because the game - is sh*t.
I'm play 2 years, and i think i will play in HWK until the project doesn't rotted(die)
I'm a target audience, i love mech, love cyberpunk and love fps.
why i can't get what I want!_ why_

Kanmuri, I've already created a similar topic before. And from it was no useful info, except disputes and curses from me. Really, this absolutely useless. Devs will not listen to it, especially since they have clearly given to understand - they don't comeback nor HUD nor other stuff.
There's nothing more to talk. This topic can be closed. just accept ascension (adapt or die :()

Edited by nepacaka, April 06 2014 - 03:36 AM.

#22 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 03:42 AM

you do know that you cant always get what you want. also keep in mind that I feel that hawken is still very much a mech shooter, it still feels right, we have diffrent tastes, but that does not make one of ours better, so crying about it all the time just makes nothing better. you know why the devs dont listen to you, they dont have the time or the want to hear you cry all the dam time. they are not your babysitter, they are not payed to deal with you.

#23 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 04:24 AM

hawken is still very much a mech shooter
where_
tell me concretely. where Hawken is a mech shooter_

we have diffrent tastes, but that does not make one of ours better
and what makes you think you're better than Me_
stupid logic_

so crying about it all the time just makes nothing better. you know why the devs dont listen to you, they dont have the time or the want to hear you cry all the dam time. they are not your babysitter, they are not payed to deal with you.
lol, u post make me laugh.
you are like many people will not be able to answer the one question:
why would fix something that works good from start_
devs need be fix bugs and added new/ map content...instead this they start totally change the game mechanic.

you say that I am a whiner_

but have you forgotten the topics by which devs began to change into Hawken_

I will remind you how they called (approximately) if u have short memory, kid.

- Devs, fix HUD, i don't understand anything while moving!
- Devs, create somthing with TOW, i can't hit anyone!
- Devs, delete smoke from maps, i can't see anyone in smoke!
- Devs, game so twitching, decrease speed i can't understand where i am!
- Devs, change anything, because i want change anything for anything! blablabla!

etc.

You want to say that it was not_ Or maybe I'm lying_
Note that I created a Topics many times with a request to return some old features back... but NOT I asked to delete this. it is asked SUCH AS YOU!

yes, it's true, in topics like this i every time say the game previously be good, and now it is bad.
but it's just true. CB3 hawken was better. When people asked about "balance" they not asked about "delete weapon spread", but the developers are doing everything as they want.

Edited by nepacaka, April 06 2014 - 04:24 AM.

#24 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted April 06 2014 - 05:55 AM

View Postnepacaka, on April 06 2014 - 04:24 AM, said:

tell me concretely. where Hawken is a mech shooter_

I'm sure everyone's definition of a mech shooter is different.  Some like it fast, others like it slow.  Hawken is a mech shooter to me because I'm in a cockpit of a mech, I can hear the whine of the different parts of the mech as I move about, I boost and dodge as if I really am in a giant mech, and I don't die instantly from a  one single bullet or even a rocket- emphasizing that I have heavy thick armor on around me.

why would fix something that works good from start_
devs need be fix bugs and added new/ map content...instead this they start totally change the game mechanic.

That's a good question, I don't have all the answers but maybe because they thought it would be better_  Whatever the reason is, they truly know what's going on within the game.  What if the older renditions like from Alpha or Closed Beta had something wrong with it and only the devs could see.  And to fix it, they needed to change the UI, Speed, etc_  Us players don't have access to such info for the most part.  What if they simply wanted to experiment and found that performance-wise, the new versions were easier to change and edit so they stuck with it_  The thing is, I don't think any of us normal players, even you, can even answer that question.

Also, for the game mechanics, what did they change_  I can still boost, dodge, 180 turn, walk, shoot, burn fuel around like normally.   The only changes made were the addition of the air dodge, air 180, the HUD, HP, and the speed of these things. Changing the HUD was just reorganizing and making it simpler.

- Devs, fix HUD, i don't understand anything while moving!
It was changed because of performance issues by many people.  Old and new computers were having trouble with it.  As the game matures, maybe we can have another HUD change to make it more akin to the older design.

- Devs, create somthing with TOW, i can't hit anyone!
Dude, splash damage was shrunken...  The steam version of Hawken is more punishing than the ascension version of Hawken.

- Devs, delete smoke from maps, i can't see anyone in smoke!
Once again performance issues, it can lag the computer badly.  It wasn't necessarily supposed to deal with those arguments, but it was mainly for increasing performance.

- Devs, game so twitching, decrease speed i can't understand where i am!
Speeds got an increase.

- Devs, change anything, because i want change anything for anything! blablabla!
etc.
It's still a beta.  Yeah I know how lame that sounds, but it's true.  They can change the game to how they see fit, but if they change it too badly, players will leave.  It did happen once ascension dropped on us, but why are you here if you continue to complain about it and call this game a pile of *!@#_  Do you still find this game fun_  Are you hoping for more changes_  I'm sure you are saying 'yes' to both of these questions.

I respect you Nepa, but please calm down.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, April 06 2014 - 05:58 AM.

#25 kanmuri

kanmuri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 06:09 AM

What this game is what makes the future_
Speed ​​is fast as it is, TTK is what makes the game abnormally short_
Do they refer to any opinion now is development_
What updates on whether they are planned in the future_
I want to know
I want you to teach developers how to make what "MechShooter"

Update plan is bankrupt already.
If true ...
June 2013
Fully compatible to the Japanese
December 2013
Destruction map implementation

Player he has been betrayed many times already.
Also game very different from the first trailer.
Also update plan.
I want to know what would be betrayed in the future.

#26 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 07:31 AM

I'm sure everyone's definition of a mech shooter is different.  Some like it fast, others like it slow.  Hawken is a mech shooter to me because I'm in a cockpit of a mech, I can hear the whine of the different parts of the mech as I move about, I boost and dodge as if I really am in a giant mech, and I don't die instantly from a  one single bullet or even a rocket- emphasizing that I have heavy thick armor on around me.
if i change mechs on ultramarines right now... With jetpack, heavy bolter in left hand, and RL on his right shoulders, nothing change in gameplay. just change 3D models, and game not changed...

What if the older renditions like from Alpha or Closed Beta had something wrong with it and only the devs could see.
i don't know what they want or see.
but know simple fact. in CB3 i have 60 fps on low settings, without config changes. with some tweak i have 70-80 and 50-60 fps drop in fight.
with ascention (when devs improve performance) i have 30-40 fps on default low settings. and only with my current config (where i killed all textures) i can have 80 fps.

and i have some questions!

devs delete hud because we want better performance! devs rework textures in ascention, cuz we want better performance!
but if it were to improve the performance, then why all works for me 2 times worse than it was before_
also, weapon spread and walking acceleratio, vertical look limit, have no relation with performance. It was removed because of whining players (noobs), which even do not play this game now! because now the say: "why this game looks like fuzzy bunny_ i see another game in video!" (i'm not talking about topic starter, he is good guy :3 i'm talked about other noob, who can't use old TOW because rocket have spiral trajectory. lol.)

zamboni talking about the reason of delete spiral tow. the most of reason to rework TOW not in performance, just because ppl don't understand how it's workind. they just change "good UE3 animation" on "ordinary RL animation from Q3"
https://community.pl...120#entry416545

i don't remember another topic (but if u want, i try find) where hughes says about old hud, where 2 reason - performance (i actually don't know why, because i think parameters like mech speed, height coordinates and distance still working inside game, just early they can drawing in crosshair, actually i don't what this create a high overloading for PC, compared with texturex or smoke for example.)
and the second reason - unreadable for player, people ask delete big yellow circles (text with XP after killing) but instead this, devs delete all hud...=/
Where the logic_

Once again performance issues, it can lag the computer badly.  It wasn't necessarily supposed to deal with those arguments, but it was mainly for increasing performance.
hm...smoke decrease performance. Yes. It's totally true.
Did you know that smoke from the missiles and bullets trace can be removed in the game config_ u can totally turn of this if u want. totally.
It's working in open-beta and it's get not bad result.
just change 2 values, and u FPS not drop while combat!
Also, i working in config and test some thing early.
Smoke - not the worst thing that reduces ur FPS. Distortion effect around the explosion - much worse than the smoke.
Why devs just not create option in advanced Configuration "Reduced level of smoke"_
why_

Speeds got an increase.
2 years later. Maybe they realized return old-HUD and spread after 2 next years_

Do you still find this game fun_  Are you hoping for more changes_  I'm sure you are saying 'yes' to both of these questions.
it's true. for both.
i'm still here, because i hate fantasy. i's game was somthing unique what i like. and sure, i hope devs create hawken closer to original.
I am not interested in the game graphics. I can even play in text-quest or rogue and it was normal for me.
But this does not mean that I like how they changed it. I'm not sick of it only because I see monochrome gray mech on gray maps.
Gameplay not so bad now. but I like gameplay less than it was before. and i like than devs delete ascension TTK. and little closer to CB3 version TTK.

also, I have no alternative online game. After hawken i don't love Q3 and other shooters which i play previously. The recently released TitanFall on check is even more sh*t, than Hawken now. Just clone of "OutWars+Hawken dodges+mech from matrix" and Hoolywood speceffects. nothing interest. Better play in old OutWars again.

I respect you Nepa, but please calm down.
But such topics every time increase the level of my aggression.
my mustache is resent.

Edited by nepacaka, April 06 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#27 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 07:42 AM

I do not want to offend anyone, but I think these topics should be hidden from me. :D
Although nevertheless, this is not an isolated case, the mention of what used to be better. And how many people just do not write about it on a forum_ and use algoritm:
See hwk promo video -> install game -> see the game -> realize -> delete this game -> and go play in CoD.
Problem solved.

also i remember another interest fact.
when hawken released in 12.12.12 game have rating "R" (it's rating means - Robocop :lol:, I do not know why, cuz hawken not contain clearly violence or blood, but it was stated in one of the most popular publications. Perhaps the game was grim ... I do not know exactly. maybe this was mistake or something)
after devs changed graphics in ascention game chaged rating on "T" (12+, rating T not for Robocop :D)
need i say more_
having weighed this fact, the reason of changing graphics becomes apparent...

who don't know why rating R is - robocop :Ъ
Spoiler

Edited by nepacaka, April 06 2014 - 08:16 AM.

#28 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 08:09 AM

again, you missed my point,  also you say you could make the mechs look like heavy infantry. but the thing is that they would not have a limited turn rate, they would not have delays in how they move, odd effects that make them more mechanical, instead they would be very fluid. its the little details I belive you are missing out on. its part of the difference in taste, also, much of the game challages were made to make the game more balanced in the long run. also alot of your problems are personal preference and not actul problem that the game has. also, I never said that your opinion is wrong or bad, you assumed it. however you have been acting like a child. just because you dont like something does not make it bad. and constantly making post saying the same thing we have heard 5k times or more is a pain in our butt and does not help the devs make the game any better. they dont have the time to hear you saying the same things over and over again, so if you really dont like the way the game is, leave, otherwise addapt and move on and stop dumping these posts again. you can have your opinion, but dont shove it down everyones face and dont waste our time. and at the least, try to clean up your posts and make them more readable.

#29 Granddaddypurp

Granddaddypurp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationReeferSide

Posted April 06 2014 - 08:11 AM

View Postkanmuri, on April 06 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

I want to say it's not just HUD.
Game play that became: "Quake Flavor Call of Duty," a result of pop-up uncool, DirectX remains of old, it was too fast you are aware of just visibility.
They are betrayed a tester.

The essence of the story's "direction of the game."
Developers do you want to "normal FPS game" this game_
TTK also game speed also me to leave this early if so.
Give me the thing HUD also easy to see more awkward if so.
However it I will also able to betray the player of the first period.
you are definitely right these people are the people who played the lamest fps games called quake, unreal tourney, and team fortress. I like the slow moving mech speed it's more real for these mechs, all they had to do was raise the xp, because everyone was crying that they couldn't find each other on the small maps... So they speed up all mechs by 10%

#30 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted April 06 2014 - 08:18 AM

View PostGranddaddypurp, on April 06 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

View Postkanmuri, on April 06 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

I want to say it's not just HUD.
Game play that became: "Quake Flavor Call of Duty," a result of pop-up uncool, DirectX remains of old, it was too fast you are aware of just visibility.
They are betrayed a tester.

The essence of the story's "direction of the game."
Developers do you want to "normal FPS game" this game_
TTK also game speed also me to leave this early if so.
Give me the thing HUD also easy to see more awkward if so.
However it I will also able to betray the player of the first period.
you are definitely right these people are the people who played the lamest fps games called quake, unreal tourney, and team fortress. I like the slow moving mech speed it's more real for these mechs, all they had to do was raise the xp, because everyone was crying that they couldn't find each other on the small maps... So they speed up all mechs by 10%

The problem is "what a mech is supposed to be" is also personal preference as I had stated earlier.  As a related note I've not played Quake, Unreal, or TF2.  In fact, Hawken was my first FPS that I actually play and own.

#31 Granddaddypurp

Granddaddypurp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationReeferSide

Posted April 06 2014 - 08:21 AM

View PostFakeName, on April 06 2014 - 01:32 AM, said:

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on April 05 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

Well, the HP bar and the Fuel bar are attached to your helmet's HUD as is the information in the pop-up display. You do know you can change the colors to make it match the devastated world feel you like.

As for the ability, that's so people can see it more easily since the last version of the HUD had many problems where people couldn't see things like that clearly.

But what if I don't wear a helmet_ oO

No srsly, these bars let me think that these mechs were designed for child soldiers. So every stupid guy can understand it.

Most of the players agree that these abrs are ugly and just lower the fun in the game. Put it somewhere else INTO THE COCKPIT!
And please get rid of these witches and control thingy dingies which are only there for decoration. I prefare a blank steel plate instead of these switches and buttons etc. which are doing nothing. I would be fine if they DO something but for example this ball which is commonly found in plane cockpits is a black-grey ball beeing there like a black-grey-round stone.

BORING!

Remove pls and give me either a steel plate or a health and fuel monitor.
you need to stfu ur ideas are useless

#32 Granddaddypurp

Granddaddypurp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationReeferSide

Posted April 06 2014 - 08:23 AM

Well, the HP bar and the Fuel bar are attached to your helmet's HUD as is the information in the pop-up display. You do know you can change the colors to make it match the devastated world feel you like.

As for the ability, that's so people can see it more easily since the last version of the HUD had many problems where people couldn't see things like that clearly.

No srsly, these bars let me think that these mechs were designed for child soldiers. So every stupid guy can understand it.

And please get rid of these witches and control thingy dingies which are only there for decoration. I prefare a blank steel plate instead of these switches and buttons etc. which are doing nothing. I would be fine if they DO something but for example this ball which is commonly found in plane cockpits is a black-grey ball beeing there like a black-grey-round stone.

BORING!

#33 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted April 06 2014 - 08:27 AM

View PostGranddaddypurp, on April 06 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

BORING!

You need to stop repeat yourself and you are not important, you are not know, did not supported the game or community in any way. Your  comments are worthless and except this post, noone will pay attention to your posts of this kind.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#34 Valimer

Valimer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 10:14 AM

View Postkanamisan, on April 06 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

again, you missed my point,  also you say you could make the mechs look like heavy infantry. but the thing is that they would not have a limited turn rate, they would not have delays in how they move, odd effects that make them more mechanical, instead they would be very fluid. its the little details I belive you are missing out on. its part of the difference in taste, also, much of the game challages were made to make the game more balanced in the long run. also alot of your problems are personal preference and not actul problem that the game has. also, I never said that your opinion is wrong or bad, you assumed it. however you have been acting like a child. just because you dont like something does not make it bad. and constantly making post saying the same thing we have heard 5k times or more is a pain in our butt and does not help the devs make the game any better. they dont have the time to hear you saying the same things over and over again, so if you really dont like the way the game is, leave, otherwise addapt and move on and stop dumping these posts again. you can have your opinion, but dont shove it down everyones face and dont waste our time. and at the least, try to clean up your posts and make them more readable.

sounds like you haven't played WH40K: Space Marine

#35 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostValimer, on April 06 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

View Postkanamisan, on April 06 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

sounds like you haven't played WH40K: Space Marine
so basicly because a very awakened third perspective shooter, you assume that a mech shooter is not a mech shooter because it. again, your loss. again, there was not a turn rate cap in space Marine, (did play the demo) and it did not feel anywhere as hawken does.

#36 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 11:00 AM

try to clean up your posts and make them more readable.
i think it's imposible, i'm don't know english, and i use google-translate to writing my messages. it translates very poorly, so I try to use the most simple words. and do not write complex sentences.
Probably, according to your measurements I write like a 6-7 years kid, but I'm just trying to convey the essence. sorry for this. i know, somtimes my message unreadable =D

again, you missed my point,  also you say you could make the mechs look like heavy infantry. but the thing is that they would not have a limited turn rate
actually, Ultramarines do not have full mobility, they also have little limitations in movemet due to have an heavy armored suit  :}
in game "Space Marine" This element is also cut out for playability. Who wants to play for the slow boob_

and constantly making post saying the same thing we have heard 5k times or more is a pain in our butt and does not help the devs make the game any better. they dont have the time to hear you saying the same things over and over again, so if you really dont like the way the game is, leave, otherwise addapt and move on and stop dumping these posts again
but this is working!

1) this is working when people creating 5K topics about TOW. and gain faster fire rate for TOW.
people think the TOW is hard to use, they don't try adapt ! They whining every time: "It's hard!!!".
But i'm just play and say nothing. nothing. i like old TOW how it was.

2) this is working when people creating 5K topics about SS, and gain 99.9% accuracy on SS (with all the subsequent problems)
if u don't know, early SS have a big spread, and he can miss in enemy while he use scope.
i play, on SS. and i'm not wining. i'm adapt and play. But people say: "SS is hard, impossible fight in close combat!"
and devs start decrease spread.

3) this is working when people creating 5K topics about TTK.
i like CB3 TTK, about 5-7 sec if u not miss in enemy. It's good. i like it and play. i don't whining about this. I adapted.
But...well, u know. some noobs on forum start whining "devs, i died so fast, fix it!" and we got Ascension.

4) this is working when people creating 5K topics about Forest map, and gain stupid LastEco.
...Not even want to talk about these people, thanks to which we got stupid forest and snowy mountains now.

Kanamisan, answer me now. Who among us has adapted, and who whined_
Does it look like I'm whining_ The game was great before, I did not ask change it! I DID NOT ASK!!! I'M ADAPTED!!! YOUR FUZZY BUNNY!!!

my only one mistake was that I adapt. And never told my - "No."
When they removed it all from the game, I kept silent. Although even if I did not keep silent, they would still have removed all.
Because peoples who whines for any reason - Million.
And people like me - pathetic ten, which opinion nobody cares.

That's the whole truth.

Why this is now working when i asked Devs create a new City-map like Prosk_
it's a really so bad idea_ create some cyberpunk city, in game with cyberpunk/futuristic elements.
it's a simple request. all my other request also always remain within a certain style. But developers persistently want to destroy it.
They even destroyed the old game logo and font, because stupid people could not read and understand it. lol.

i'm whinig...sure...
fuzzy bunny all of you. fuzzy bunny.

Edited by nepacaka, April 06 2014 - 11:06 AM.

#37 MarNoahCus

MarNoahCus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted April 06 2014 - 11:19 AM

I am confused...

Hawken qualifies for being a computer game right_ Mech FPS or not... It is a game... a ... game...

Most people play games to have fun... Some make money playing games... pro-gamers do... but would they do it if they would not have fun playing "that exact" game_

So... If you do not like this "Game" Don't "Play" it... Where is the problem_ Yes there might be areas and details that could or should be changed... but Come on... I have tried a lot of Beta Games... and very very few of them felt as finished as Hawken does. It might all come down to taste... I love Hawken... other people might find it is a "piece of Sh!%#"  But if you dislike it... don't play it. easy.

There are other Mech Games out there... Try some of them and judge if Hawken still feels bad... if yes... well... sorry.
"And shepherds we shall be, For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti." (The Boondock Saints)

Posted Image

#38 MarNoahCus

MarNoahCus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted April 06 2014 - 11:39 AM

Oh... forgot to say this...

I spent 7 years playing World of Warcraft... many of them being a hardcore raider... meaning i spent more time infront of my computer screen than in bed or any other place... :unsure: I spent a lot of real life money playing that game... And i frecked up relationships because i played so much... Why did i play it_ Because i loved it... Why don't i play it anymore_ Because the game changed into something very different from what it used to be. So... do i regret spending all my time playing it_ No!!! Hell No! I met awesome people in WoW, some i met irl. some became closer than my irl family. I had a blast while it lasted... i really really diminished the risk for skin cancer due to solar radiation and UV rays and what have you not... And ... I did not happen to put a child into this world before i actually was capable of being a parent. :blink:  

Morale of "My story" Don't do anything you might regret... or... dont regret anything you dont have to.. or... relax and have fun... and ... argh...

Maybe it is simply... "Don't waste your time playing games you don't enjoy... cuzz thats exactly what they are... "games"
"And shepherds we shall be, For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti." (The Boondock Saints)

Posted Image

#39 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 12:32 PM

why watch how the game start cripple_

Don't "Play" it
broken argument.

I propose to return things what was good early, you suggest - don't play (i.e. nothing)
why i can't try to do something and maybe be heard, even if this chance is very small_

you brought a good example relative with WoW
it was good before. it was good in "Lich King"...but all version after this - just broken. this is no WoW anymore.

Maybe I do not want that, would the same thing happened with Hawken.
Maybe I want to warn developers that they stop_ before they destroy something else_

#40 Blood_Jester

Blood_Jester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 01:39 PM

View Postnepacaka, on April 06 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

Why this is now working when i asked Devs create a new City-map like Prosk_
it's a really so bad idea_ create some cyberpunk city, in game with cyberpunk/futuristic elements.
it's a simple request. all my other request also always remain within a certain style. But developers persistently want to destroy it.

Yes more maps like prosk! why_ because that is one of the few maps where you genuinely feel like you are in a big mech due to the scale, aesthetics and theme.

I understand the point of this thread in that, Hawken can easily be reskinned to "flying armoured humans with jet packs" and it would essentially be the same game. The devs need to add more designs, techniques to increase immersion. I am not saying that Hawken should play like Mechwarrior Online, techniquely that game can be reskinned into a tank game, what I am saying is they can keep the gameplay as is while still making the game feel more like a mech game. Map aesthetics also help, examples of things they did well was add little trucks/cars your mech could knock over and destroy

For example in Mechwarrior online, one of the things they did to increase immersion was to have a tiny cutscene on start up showing your pilot powering up your mech (Hawken startup is not as immersive in comparison), for Titanfall they show you climbing into your mech with the doors closing and the machine powering up as well. In mechwarrior, each mech had its own cockpit look e.g. imagine seeing that little windscreen wiper on the CRT as part of the cockpit layout :D. I'm not saying hawken should do all this, its just examples.

In regards to actual gameplay, I can't comment because I was never in closed beta

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users