HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken now has become cheap than the first trailer

Game

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kanmuri

kanmuri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted April 05 2014 - 05:56 AM

Hawken recent crappy here.
Purpose of ride on the robot is easy to see only has faded.
This game should the robot game.

I want you to look at this trailer.

I was impressed with this trailer.
It's as "FPS" love, even as a "robot game" enthusiast.

But Hawken now is different.

Inshinireita killed the enemy in one second,Scout to the movement though, such as the "sports FPS".
Even not want to do is "Call of Duty", I do not even necessarily want to do "Quake".

TTK(Time To Kill) is simply because long time, it's going to be "Mech Shooter".
It's going to be "Mech" moving speed is slow, simply because compensate hovering and boost it.
HUD is simply because is displayed in the cockpit, I get used to "Mech engineers".

I like this game. We're really love the Hawken.
So I applied for the "alpha test", it is "alpha testers", they have ever played.
I launched a Wiki for Japanese. Was also reported bugs as possible.

I do not want to "nomal FPS game" in the bad sense.
I want you to review the direction of the game developers.

I'm not good at English.
So I used Google Translate.

Original text below

最近のHawkenはとても安っぽい
ロボットに乗るという意義がとても薄れているように思える
このゲームはロボットゲームであるべきなのではないか

この予告動画を今一度見て欲しい

私はこの動画を見て感動した
ロボットゲーム好きとしても、FPS好きとしても

しかし今のHawkenは違う

インシネレイターは1秒で敵を倒し、スカウトはQuakeのように動く
私は「Call of Duty」がしたいわけでも、「Quake」がしたいわけでもないんだ

TTK(敵を倒すまでの時間) は時間が長いからこそ「メックシューター」になる
メックの移動速度が遅く、ブーストやホバリングでそれを補うからこそ「メック」になる
HUDがコックピットに表示されているからこそ「メックエンジニア」になれる

私はこのゲームが好きだ。Hawkenが本当に好きなんだ。
だから私は「aテスト」に応募し、「aテスター」として今までプレイしてきた。
私は日本人向けのWikiを立ち上げ、可能な限りのバグ報告もした。

開発にはこのゲームの方向性を見直して欲しい。

#2 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted April 05 2014 - 03:54 PM

i know that feel bro.
I play since the closed-beta, when the game looked exactly as in the trailer.
and it was an excellent time.

But...unfortunately for the 2 years of development, the developers have destroyed everything.
starting from the color palette, ending the visual style.
landing delay, weapon spread, smoke, cockpit, walking acceleration, tow launcher...all of this was destroyed, because people say: "we can't play in this! devs, fix it", "we don't understand what is НАЩКЕИ, devs, fix it!"...and devs fix it. Fix all what those very clever people felt bad...

And now the game looks like sh*t.

/end of story.

Edited by nepacaka, April 05 2014 - 04:11 PM.

#3 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted April 05 2014 - 04:11 PM

View Postnepacaka, on April 05 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

i know that feel bro.
I play since the closed-beta, when the game looked exactly as in the trailer.
and it was an excellent time.

The game never looked like that in any publicly playable releases, you can look up closed alpha and beta gameplay videos to see for yourself. The dramatic explosion and bullet impact visual effects were not present in any alpha or beta build of the game, only in prototype builds that were only playable by the dev team. The sound effects and color grading were also created as post-processing effects that never existed in any build of the game.

weapon spread

What about weapon spread_

walking acceleration

Mech acceleration rates have pretty slightly changed throughout builds of the game, and I highly doubt that the acceleration from walking to running states is what ruins the game for you unless you're really trying to be nitpicky.

tow launcher...all of this was destroyed, because people say: "we can't play in this! devs, fix it"

What_ What's the implication here_ There's no doubt that the game has changed quite a lot since its prototype phases but I think you're being hugely nitpicky and hyperbolic here.
Posted Image

#4 TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted April 05 2014 - 04:12 PM

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

#5 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted April 05 2014 - 04:41 PM

The game never looked like that in any publicly playable releases, you can look up closed alpha and beta gameplay videos to see for yourself. The dramatic explosion and bullet impact visual effects were not present in any alpha or beta build of the game, only in prototype builds that were only playable by the dev team. The sound effects and color grading were also created as post-processing effects that never existed in any build of the game.
Nevertheless, open-beta visually significantly different from Ascension version. it can be seen with the naked eye.

weapon spread no longer exists. it is static now.

Mech acceleration rates have pretty slightly changed throughout builds of the game, and I highly doubt that the acceleration from walking to running states is what ruins the game for you unless you're really trying to be nitpicky.
This destroys the feeling that you're in the mech. as well as the reduction of vertical degree aiming.

What_ What's the implication here_ There's no doubt that the game has changed quite a lot since its prototype phases but I think you're being hugely nitpicky and hyperbolic here.
not at all.

i have suggested before to developers to make a new commercials videos, with Ascension.
Because when players see these promo-videos, And see the real game after this. They begin to realize that they have been deceptioned, and it is not what they saw in video.

open-beta looks exactly the same

Edited by nepacaka, April 05 2014 - 04:43 PM.

#6 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted April 05 2014 - 07:47 PM

Nice one Nepacaka, I remember that clip way back before I joined open Beta...The game has lost itself in this mess they have now and it is heart breaking.....Im still not sure why they would gut the game  out of what made it so unique.....I love the maps but it has lost that Epic apocalyptic feel and Mech's now feel more like people then they do robots.........They feel more like a suit you put on then a bot you pilot...It is a bit sad to see those clips and know what it was like .......Makes you wonder who are they really listening to when they make the changes they make... :(

Edited by LONEDEADWOLF, April 05 2014 - 07:47 PM.

meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#7 Trych

Trych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted April 05 2014 - 08:31 PM

Man, that trailer.... I loved the look of it.

ideas are bad

#8 SuperSpartacus

SuperSpartacus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationWestern MA, US

Posted April 06 2014 - 06:09 AM

You guys are whiny fuzzy bunny

#9 PhasmaFelis

PhasmaFelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 07:39 PM

View Postnepacaka, on April 05 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

weapon spread no longer exists. it is static now.
I've seen a couple people say this, and I think you must be talking about something different when you say "weapon spread". If I stand at point A and fire a vulcan at a wall at point B, the shots clearly spread out much more than than if I did the same thing with an assault rifle or slug rifle.

Do you mean the thing where spread used to increase if you were flying, or firing continuously, or at high heat_ I would think that would be a good change for a "mechy" feel. Squishy humans may have trouble controlling a rapid-fire machine gun while leaping through the air, but a gyro-stabilized, computer-controlled mech weapon ought to point straight at the crosshairs in all circumstances.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users