HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Holo-Emotes on mechs_

Game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zilph

Zilph

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted April 08 2014 - 04:56 AM

Me and a couple of friends were talking about Holo Emotes during a match yesterday, and we talked about how they aren't often used outside the pre-match pen and the post-match screen. We spoke about a few little ideas and possibilities, and the moment someone said "I'd pay for that," was the moment I decided to come here again.

Now, the current Holo-Emote system works fine. I'm not suggesting a rework, because, well... why fix something that isn't broken_ What I'm suggesting is a similar addition, which could be alongside the Mech-Emotes (the gestures with the mechs, bowing etc.) and the Holo-Emotes (deployable holographic animations). A possible third would be to display a hologram/animation on, or just inches in front of, the Upper Chassis piece of a mech. I was thinking along the lines of literal emotes, such as a smile, frown, angry face, etc. Unlike placing it down, or stopping entirely to perform a movement, these new emotes would temporarily stay projected in front of the mech's Upper Chassis as you move around and fight.

This explanation, although quite a bit different, was given by user Rajhin in a Mech-Emote suggestion thread:

View PostRajhin, on October 06 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

Current mech emotes and holo taunts are pretty useless outside of endscreen and stomps. I'd like to see other mechanic that will allow pilots to interact with each other without need to expose themselves. I'm talking about holo-emotes that may work similar to emotes of zero from hurrdurrlands 2.
Posted Image
Every mech should have few slots where can be installed one of such emotes like "thanks", "need help", "gg", "gf", smiles, numbers, requests and other stuff, every slot can be binded to individual button and used instantly with some CD. That will allow more communication and stronger ties between players, things that current Hawken really lacks.

While that may be asking for a little more than what I've suggested here... a suggestion is still a suggestion. Nothing concrete, just an idea thrown out there. If anything, my idea isn't for some underlying connection in gameplay, it's just for what the current Mech-Emotes and Holo-Emotes are for. Fun. Entertainment. Joy. Just a fun suggestion...

Discuss_ (Or the usual of getting shut down by someone_)

Edited by Zilph, April 08 2014 - 05:10 AM.

#2 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 08 2014 - 05:05 AM

This would look pretty stupid on a Raider if the emote'd be like the current Holo Emote in terms of flatness.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#3 Blood_Jester

Blood_Jester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 05:12 AM

I like this idea, just something fun to add, won't affect game play and just silly things you can do at the start of the game.

Some good holo emotess on mechs include:
  • Smiles/emoticons
  • Symbols such as a love heart, skull etc.
  • Moustache (just beause it's funny!)
  • Holo words that can scroll across a turreted heavy e.g. "you shall not pass!" "come get some"

#4 Simp

Simp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 05:13 AM

I see no reason for the devs not to add this aside from having other priorities. It might interfere with your or the enemies' vision, but that's hardly a problem unless you have super obtrusive HD holograms of MC Hammer dancing on your head or something similar.

Okay.

Damn. I want a HD Hologram of MC Hammer dancing on my head. Especially for use during combat. Gimme.
Peek-a-BOOM

#5 Zilph

Zilph

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted April 08 2014 - 05:16 AM

View PostBlood_Jester, on April 08 2014 - 05:12 AM, said:

Some good holo emotess on mechs include:
  • Moustache (just beause it's funny!)