HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

VR Training: Game breaking bug.

Game

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zilph

Zilph

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted April 08 2014 - 06:03 AM

I was replaying through the VR training today and found what could very well be a serious issue. I haven't asked anyone else to test this, so I don't know if it's exclusive to my system or my installation of Hawken.

During the final area of the VR training where you're tasked with defeating a Berserker bot five times, death causes a serious issue. I understand that dying here is nearly impossible with how easy the bot is to defeat, but I went away for something else and came back to this:

Posted Image

Dying had sent me to the usual garage screen you would get when respawning in any other game mode (note that this is my usual garage, nothing amiss about mech names etc.), but it was darkened due to a prompt message displaying on the screen repeatedly, "TEXT." I knew that it was displaying repeatedly because the blip sound effect for a prompt displaying was being played over and over, along with my mouse being 'almost' unresponsive (incredibly slow and laggy). I couldn't select anything or even press esc, my only option was to close Hawken. Another note is that the game didn't crash or reach an unresponsive state, I didn't need Task Manager to close it. Just a standard Alt-Tab, right click of the icon and close program.

I hope this helps.

#2 [HWK]Oz

[HWK]Oz

Quality Assurance

• Adhesive Games
  • 49 posts
  • LocationProsk HQ

Posted April 08 2014 - 03:36 PM

Thanks for the report. It used to reset your health when you got below a certain armor value--looks like it's not doing that anymore. I've created a bug ticket in our system and Engineering will be taking a look.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users