HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Controller Support

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 xUMMMTEHDESTROYERx

xUMMMTEHDESTROYERx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted October 07 2012 - 09:55 PM

I know how some of these hardcore PC gamers feel about the use of a controller but, I prefer it. I was gameing since NES so I grew up on controllers. Anyways, I agree with alot of you, the use of gamepads could be a bit more accesible.Programming the controls for my
Logitech Gamepad F310 was a pain so, i'm hoping they fix that before the release on 121212.

#22 Sparrow40k

Sparrow40k

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted October 08 2012 - 01:39 AM

I hope they use the layout I've made because:
1. It's just an awesome layout.
2. I've been using for ages and it would be to hard to change now, but mostly because I tried a lot and it was the best.

#23 KetchupT100

KetchupT100

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationCairo, Egypt

Posted October 08 2012 - 03:07 AM

I think that since we're all using the same platform that we all use the same intended tools for PC gaming which are K&M .Controllers just ruin the experience.
Posted Image

" Those are brave men knocking on our door. Let's go kill them!! "
         ~Tyrion Lannister

#24 Nexus06

Nexus06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationVentura California

Posted October 10 2012 - 05:59 PM

I would really love to see controller support but for now I just use Xpadder!

#25 SikSlayer

SikSlayer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted October 11 2012 - 11:14 PM

I too would like to see native 360 controller support. A bunch of friends want to play, but its a sticking point for them. Either it has it, and they'll play, or it doesn't and they won't.

#26 Dirgous

Dirgous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 15 2012 - 12:22 AM

I like the idea of a controller support but i wouldn't do it like that. beyond anything they need to make sure they let the user set up the controller on their own. Looking at that set up, the only thing i can think about is how annoying it would be to use the up on the D-pad for the  push-to-talk. I see that being a pain but other then that i love that idea.

#27 Blaximas

Blaximas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted October 15 2012 - 01:08 AM

As some of us have our PC rigged into HT setups, I may opt for the controller. As mouse and keyboard on couch is so so.

#28 LEONOFDEATH

LEONOFDEATH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 19 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostSparrow40k, on October 08 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

I hope they use the layout I've made because:
1. It's just an awesome layout.
2. I've been using for ages and it would be to hard to change now, but mostly because I tried a lot and it was the best.

Im betting they will allow custom configurations.

And to all the guys against this: Please give a legitimate reason.

#29 JRock3x8

JRock3x8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 04:08 PM

this game looks great and I'm not playing it at all until it supports a 360 controller.

#30 HamsterOnaBus

HamsterOnaBus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 08:25 PM

More options are always a good thing

#31 Rich246

Rich246

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 05:34 AM

I am also for this being native, but I have to ask Sparrow40k, would you be willing to make the same profile for Pinnacle Game Profiler_ It's a program similar to Xpadder, but has more options and a wider community.

#32 Sparrow40k

Sparrow40k

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 01:49 AM

I had made one before for Pinnacle, but I've recently formmated my computer and i'm now using Ubuntu 12.10. Sorry, If you asked any earlier I would have loved to send you a copy.

You should be able to easily made one from recreating it from the picture I have uploaded for people so that no matter what keying program you are using and have the layout

#33 FUZZY DUNLOP

FUZZY DUNLOP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted November 12 2012 - 12:08 PM

DEV TEAM LISTEN TO ME AND LIKE REALLY GIVE THIS A LOT OF THOUGHT:

If you really want this game to be taken seriously as hardcore and to give some of your players some seriously unique depth, don't go the "this/that controller support"

Instead completely throw wide open the input settings to allow any input with any device for any action in the game, especially setting the look axis. We're talking legacy joystick support, Steel Batallion controller support, toggle switches, everything you want in a simluation controller support. Add in game calibration for controllers and adjustments and everything.

Right now, more than anything I want to drop my thrustmaster FCS on my desk  and go buy an ambidextrous joystick for the left hand just to play this game.  You guys do this and you will legit be the best DEV ever and I will throw my money at you.

Just look at this joystick is is hella badass and anyone who played hawken with it would feel like the king of mechs if they could pilot with one.

thrustmaster mark ii fcs flight control system joystick.jpg

#34 FUZZY DUNLOP

FUZZY DUNLOP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted November 12 2012 - 12:14 PM

Like seriously, nothing says a game is more hardcore badass then being able to throw options wide open for however a user wants to make the engine work for them. IL-2's multi-controller support (and other flight sims) is a great way to go. Crysis had huge flexibility and would let you do some pretty crazy things like any resolution you ever wanted in windowed mode.

OH, AND ADD THIS TOO: Make hilarious by adding multiple monitor support so that left and right monitors just get really cool cockpit details and stuff from the inside of the mech. That way you avoid making it pay2win by letting players who can afford huge monitors have ridiculous FOV's

#35 FluxX

FluxX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 12:17 PM

Boost modifier should be on the shoulder button or axyb buttons IMO. Clicking while tilting is difficult. Perhaps have it as the jump button_ But double tap dash to jump_

#36 Adreni

Adreni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostTequilaMockingbird, on October 01 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

No reason not to support it, but I don't know why on earth you would want to play on a 360 controller. You'll get spanked.

Not so! If you have the thumbsticks tuned properly and get used to it, you're not going to be at any real disadvantage given the game already has a horizontal rotation hardlimit.

#37 Sparrow40k

Sparrow40k

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostAdreni, on November 12 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

View PostTequilaMockingbird, on October 01 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

No reason not to support it, but I don't know why on earth you would want to play on a 360 controller. You'll get spanked.

Not so! If you have the thumbsticks tuned properly and get used to it, you're not going to be at any real disadvantage given the game already has a horizontal rotation hardlimit.

That is one this I didn't mention before, and I might edit the first post to add.
With using the Xpadder setup or any keying program, you also do need to go into the mouse sensitivity settings and change it to your liking.
I found a good setting that made it about the same as a PS3 or Xbox360 would. Only because any under that and it is to slow, any above that and you will find that with a tap you are on the other side of the screen.

#38 AeroDaNamic

AeroDaNamic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 07:15 AM

View PostFUZZY DUNLOP, on November 12 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

Like seriously, nothing says a game is more hardcore badass then being able to throw options wide open for however a user wants to make the engine work for them. IL-2's multi-controller support (and other flight sims) is a great way to go. Crysis had huge flexibility and would let you do some pretty crazy things like any resolution you ever wanted in windowed mode.

OH, AND ADD THIS TOO: Make hilarious by adding multiple monitor support so that left and right monitors just get really cool cockpit details and stuff from the inside of the mech. That way you avoid making it pay2win by letting players who can afford huge monitors have ridiculous FOV's

This post scares me.

See, I'm into simulation racing, and it's pretty much the only type of games I play on my PC. With those games, you're free to do whatever you want with your controllers and what have you, to create the most realistic feel possible--none of it makes you any faster, just makes the games more fun.

I always figured that's how most games operated. So when I saw the Hawken trailer, and the insane cockpit view, I was preparing to buy myself some nice joysticks and really get into this stuff--heck, I figured I could even use my racing pedals to operate the cool boosts functions like they do in the anime's I used to watch in my younger days. :)

But now after going through this thread and in particular the post highleighted above, I'm very worried. Let's get real here, a keybound and mouse is lame. LAME. I've always found it the most dry experience to sit in front of my computer screen playing a game with controls so dole. To me, it renders all the hard work on graphics and gameplay useless when actually playing the game is so simple... But if that's how people have fun playing the game, then that's good on them. I don't really care if they're kicking my ass or not. I just want the ability to play this wonderful game my way, a way that'll involve my senses a little and make playing a more complete experience.

I'll wait and see how this all develops, but sadly I can tell you without blinking that I won't buy this game if it only supports a few types of controls (keyboard/mouse, gamepad...)

Edited by AeroDaNamic, November 26 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#39 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:52 AM

Use JoytoKey, It works perfectly fine for using a gamepad in Hawken. Or any other game for that matter.
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#40 VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 26 2012 - 05:30 PM

I tried to play with the controler it did not work, it was pluged in and I tested it on the computer it worked but it did not work in the game.
Why_
help, solutions_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users