HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Controller Support

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 27 2012 - 07:31 PM

I cant get the controler to work in the game. I pluged it in and ran a test on the computer it worked there but not in the game. Why_ please help.

#42 WasteGate

WasteGate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationTehas

Posted November 27 2012 - 08:46 PM

You have to leave the Xpadder client open And the game too.
Good Luck.
Posted Image

#43 Oppositional

Oppositional

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 29 2012 - 09:59 PM

There is truly no good reason this cannot be done, but you have been warned.  A good spanking will be issued to you. High DPI>Controller any day. There is also issues of multiple key actions, and key modifiers with controller, lest you create a more complicated binding scheme.
Posted Image

#44 rdKNIGHTMAREZ

rdKNIGHTMAREZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 10:22 PM

the control pic at the beginning seems solid. i got an xbox controller for xmas last year, i don't even own an xbox360. It was great, and definitely better in my hands for some games. would i play it for hawken_ unlikely. would other people prefer it_ probably enough to make it a worthwhile option.

#45 jT

jT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 05:19 AM

hell yea +1 support the controller

#46 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 05 2012 - 06:18 AM

For the sake of a potentially greater market appeal sure! Although I have no affection for the console community from what I have encountered of it and would personally prefer to keep my elitist platform just that. But in the interests of good business and such its probably preferred by the bean counters!

Out of interest and following steam's launch of 'Big Picture', are there any titles with native controller support built in as none of my titles I have feature full controller support and was curious what games/developers have tried this and how successful they have been with it_

Edited by Subdivision, December 05 2012 - 06:19 AM.

Posted Image

#47 Baslok

Baslok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Locationruhrpott

Posted December 05 2012 - 07:44 AM

View Post[ADH]Deuy, on November 28 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

View PostBlinx, on November 24 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

Anybody get this working yet_

During Beta 2, Deuy at Adhesive games posted an edit to the defaultinput.ini file that allowed full use and programming of the xbox controller.

Now a beta test later, no support_ Sorry HAWKEN, I'd love to give feedback again but I don't play keyboard and mouse. Tell us how to do it please!

I saw your bat-signal in the sky. I've been told gamepads will be supported in open beta. You can use one right now by deleting the semi-colons in front of the game controller default bindings in the DefaultInput.ini file.

Just remove the ";" from the front of the lines that have "XboxTypeS_" in them.

MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesHawkenGameConfigDefaultInput.ini

You can then change the controller bindings through the normal key binding menu in the Hawken options when the game is running.

You still need a mouse to navigate the menus though.

Posted Image

#48 Sicarius_X

Sicarius_X

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationI am normally at computer desk. Or university

Posted December 05 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'm down for them putting this kinda stuff into it. It would honestly make the game a bit easier on anyone using a mouse and keyboard. I might be a tad predigest but honestly, mouse is just superior in accuracy. Sorry to bash a bit, I just think that the controller is a weaker method of play and while I advocate them adding it in if it will help get more players. I don't think it should be a primary focal point

#49 JRock3x8

JRock3x8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 01:27 PM

is this happening_  I'd love to play this game but no can do kb/mouse

#50 Papinger_Z

Papinger_Z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:48 AM

+1 I'm playing in a 50" TV plasma and use the xbox controller, is perfect for me.

#51 Antalis

Antalis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 17 2012 - 01:38 PM

i would also love some xbox controller support. pretty PLZ!!!

#52 fwip

fwip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationFuture Pittsburgh

Posted December 17 2012 - 01:56 PM

Xbox controller is supported natively already. Just plug it in and start playing.
Posted Image

#53 JRock3x8

JRock3x8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted December 17 2012 - 02:53 PM

View Postfwip, on December 17 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

Xbox controller is supported natively already. Just plug it in and start playing.

I think I just peed myself.

#54 Kuroshishio

Kuroshishio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 13 2013 - 04:24 PM

Hello,

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem or not. I use an xbox 360 game pad. Ever since I downloaded the patch this morning, I've not been able to use the LB button to jump as you would with the space bar. I've been able to use the spacebar itself to jump and then use that as a lead for the LB to work, but for some reason using LB to jump will not work on it's own.I have tried uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it, but I've had no luck so far. Are there any other suggestions perhaps.

My apologies for the trouble, but thanks for any answers in advance.

Really been enjoying my experience so far, and I'd love to keep playing with the gamepad over mouse and keyboard if possible.

EDIT: Figured it out. Turns out there's a little thing called key binding. Just had to reconfigure my 360 controller.

Edited by Kuroshishio, February 13 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#55 thebli

thebli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 02 2013 - 03:27 PM

I have a wireless xbox 360controller with the plug but cant make it work. can anyone help

#56 PrimalSage

PrimalSage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 06:14 PM

@thebli

Wireless controller with the plug_ You mean a usb charging cable_ The wireless controller can't receive/send control input through that. What you need is the wireless receiver dongle. They sell it on Amazon. Have one myself - works perfectly.

#57 StayThePath

StayThePath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 06:05 PM

I'm having the same problem with jump/left button. Also I can't seem to get around in menus efficiently and I can't hit launch with my 360 controller. TT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users