HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

TPG League Update! Pre-season starting soon!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted April 12 2014 - 07:25 PM

Update!

Greetings, Hawken players!

The pre-season has started!  Starting from today, the 21st of April, all teams may play their first week's matches.  Head over to the TPG website to see who you're playing against.  Click on the teams to see the first week's matches!  

If you're a team that still has yet to reach the minimum player count for the league (6), then fear not!  There is still a chance for you to sign up.  I won't be barring teams from entry until after the main season has started in mid-May.  

If you're in the free-agents team, please start talking to other free agents and see if you can form teams.  We have 12 confirmed teams so far, but I'd love to see more!  

Thanks for participating, and good luck!

I’m pleased to announce that the TPG League pre-season will be starting on the week of the 21st.  Currently, we have ~8 teams signed up and almost ready to go, but a bunch of players are still in the “free agents” team and are looking to sign up!

Please note the following:
1. Matches will be decided at random by next Sunday.  Starting on Monday of the 21st, teams will be able to play their sets for the first week.  If you're at all confused about how weekly matches are to be played, please refer to this section of the ruleset.

After the pre-season, I aim to gather input from all players involved, so as to reform the ruleset if necessary. The item and class restrictions are still in place.  More detailed information on that can be found here.  Do note that the only banned item is the Portable Scanner.  

2. There are a bunch of players still looking for teams, and a couple teams have yet to reach at least 5 players.  If you’re still looking for a team, feel free to do one of the following:

a. Contact one the team leaders for the teams that still need players. The teams in need of players are as follows:

i. Vyper
ii. Team Armor
iii. Salty Runback

b. Contact other Free Agents and form your own team!

3. VOIP is available.  If you’re a team that doesn’t have a VOIP server, please contact me.  Ashfire has graciously offered his 32-man Teamspeak for teams in need of VOIP.  I believe I'd also be able to set up a channel or two in the BSB Teamspeak if necessary.

More information on the league can be found on the TPG site at http://www.tpgleague.org/hwk/

Organized Hawken is almost here!  Get ready!

Edited by Xacius, April 21 2014 - 05:13 PM.

High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted April 13 2014 - 04:57 AM

To record or not to record _ THAT IS THE QUESTION !

Edit: after the main season 8 teams will go to some kind of playoffs right _ But we have almost 8 teams and along the way I assume one at least MIGHT unfortunately drop. What I want to say is that 12+ teams will be perfect, but less isn't very comfortable. I can clearly see that EU players don't want to join the league but I don't freaking get that, I'm not from US or Canada and I've got a nice team, the timezone gaps shouldn't be considered as a problem, and EU players should take advantage of this chance and help this community made event to be successful.

I encourage EU players and generally international players to join the league and I also hope the devs support this initiative, because we need more teams. IMHO.

Edited by EliteShooter, April 13 2014 - 05:50 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted April 13 2014 - 01:24 PM

I know I said, like two weeks ago, that our clan was ready, but Team HS, after loads of training and more training sessions, is celebrating today a final reunion to create our teams, As soon as we have it ready, We´re going to join to the league. again, thanks for the efforts to make this happen.

Out of topic, I saw your post yesterday regarding BSB looking another team to play 6 vs 6 Scrims, I´ll see if we can  organize this night and make it like the other day. I used to be Stephen Hawkins, btw, Just changed my callsign.

Edited by Estif, April 13 2014 - 05:27 PM.

Posted Image

#4 PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationWestern Wisconsin

Posted April 16 2014 - 09:57 AM

In the last two weeks I've only seen one other player on the team I'm on more than twice.  If anyone needs an extra for a fancy match, give me an invite.  I could use practice and its fun playing with good folks.

#5 Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 05:43 AM

When does team registration close_ There are ebough people on the free agents team for 3 full squads.
On second thought let's not go to #hawkenscrim. Tis a silly place.
Watch me pretend to be good at Hawken (Twitch).
...And recordings thereof (Youtube)

#6 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted May 02 2014 - 06:53 AM

The preseason is ongoing, the registration for the TPG are still open (for a month I guess). is just matter of organize and designate a leader, i think the hard part is to have someone who is willing to manage the roster and arrange the match schedule, etc.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users