HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

VOTE KICK _

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: VOTE KICK _ (41 member(s) have cast votes)

VOTE KICK SYSTEM _

1. YES (14 votes [34.15%])

Percentage of vote: 34.15%

2. NO (21 votes [51.22%])

Percentage of vote: 51.22%

3. SELF DESTRUCT (6 votes [14.63%])

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 error_0x00000000

error_0x00000000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 11:59 PM

you've been there... playing siege and a lone sniper is firing at the enemy ship with full armor

they argue... they don't listen

they don't self destruct...

keep in mind there is a time to actually fire on the ship as a team not alone

and there are pilots that can play as a sniper in siege

the brave snipers that actually enter the aa field...

although, there are many instances where a vote kick would save the day

players that continuously refuse to enter the aa field or launch the ship repeatedly when the enemy has the aa secure

waste of a perfectly good ship...

and not just in siege... even though this seems to be the mode that needs it most

i'm sure this system could be abused... that's why we also need a report function hahaha

Edited by error_0x00000000, May 02 2014 - 12:04 AM.

#2 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted May 02 2014 - 01:00 AM

Sadly it has been proven multiple times that a vote kick option would be abused by the player base. Which is the problem with vote kick options.

Also it isn't your place to tell someone how to play the game. Pug play is pug play and competitive play is competitive play. The higher you go up in mmr the more you will see better play as those tend to be players that are objective oriented. Granted, even they will want to goof off from time to time and not be super serious.

Thus if you want a ridged experience that people truely attempt to play to the best of their abilities and options, I would suggest looking to join a team for the TPG league play. Or at least see about getting with one of the teams and seeing if you can start to scrim with them.

I think that would net you a far better experience.

#3 reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJHB, SA

Posted May 02 2014 - 01:09 AM

View Posterror_0x00000000, on May 01 2014 - 11:59 PM, said:

the brave snipers that actually enter the aa field...

*salutes*

But yeah, as Akrium said, it's risky and easily abusable. As much as the sackless swines are infuriating on Siege, it's simply not worth the risks involved with a Vote Kick system.

#4 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 10:04 AM

Please stop posting your topics in all caps.
Posted Image

#5 error_0x00000000

error_0x00000000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 12:23 PM

my intent was to capture your attention to the subject matter...

mission complete

as in life sometimes one must shout to be heard...

#6 error_0x00000000

error_0x00000000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 12:35 PM

my experience isn't my primary concern...

it's the net user experience for new players and veteran pilots

i'm not telling anyone how to play the game

i just think some changes need to be made in order to inform players of proper objectives in siege

even if this includes a vote kick to bring this issue to light for a player to make the change and question what went wrong

#7 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 01:22 PM

View Posterror_0x00000000, on May 02 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

mission complete

That's unfortunate. You've gained my attention for the wrong reason. These polls, just about every one you've made, have been made before, they are not urgent, they do not demand immediate attention. I did not vote. I am wasting space in your thread by criticizing your approach to this, and you are saying mission complete_

I'd like to be nice about this, but really_

Also, unlike "real life" it doesn't matter if you shout or whisper, everyone can see the damn front page.

Good day, sir.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, May 02 2014 - 02:36 PM.

Posted Image

#8 frederickthegreat

frederickthegreat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 03:54 PM

View Postticklemyiguana, on May 02 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

View Posterror_0x00000000, on May 02 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

mission complete

That's unfortunate. You've gained my attention for the wrong reason. These polls, just about every one you've made, have been made before, they are not urgent, they do not demand immediate attention. I did not vote. I am wasting space in your thread by criticizing your approach to this, and you are saying mission complete_

I'd like to be nice about this, but really_

Also, unlike "real life" it doesn't matter if you shout or whisper, everyone can see the damn front page.

Good day, sir.

"Salute"
Go away

#9 error_0x00000000

error_0x00000000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 05:30 PM

thank you for placing it on the front page again...

it's not urgent nor does it demand immediate attention

although, it does need to be reconsidered...

it amuses me you're wasting your time typing about this

and rather attempt to derail a thread than help with input

because you can't look past some capital letters

using capslock distinguishes it from the other threads on the front page at first glance

ergo... mission complete you clicked

GAME OVER

good day... hahahaha

#10 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted July 24 2014 - 10:40 AM

There are times when I wish I had this feature like playing Siege mode with someone who literally refuses to leave the base, but it doesn't happen often enough for me to want to see this feature added to the game.

I voted NO.

Edited by BurnsHot, July 24 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#11 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted July 24 2014 - 12:19 PM

Ignore them and just play. If you team is not trying to take aa or YOLO diving in one at a time to their deaths then just run around and kill strays on the enemy team while collecting and returning eu. Your precious MMR should be safe.
Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

#12 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted July 24 2014 - 03:22 PM

I know this is old, but does vote-to-kick mean someone will find the player and kick them_
Seems like an expensive option.  Maybe they could give out a small amount of MC and let people kick themselves_

#13 BigLag

BigLag

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted July 25 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostAkrium, on May 02 2014 - 01:00 AM, said:

Also it isn't your place to tell someone how to play the game.

If you can vote kick for players not doing what you want, others can vote kick you for raging or whining.

Best not to open Pandora's box, it would be hard to say exactly what the end result would be. I suspect it would include a substantial drop in player base, backlash from the gaming community and lead Hawken toward looking like an "Elite player" only type game.

#14 Opicron

Opicron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 25 2014 - 11:09 AM

To open this can of worms again. Most of the games I play and have played have a voting system-- either for maps, players etc.

The absuse can be neglected imo. I was kicked after accusations of haxx. I was kicked for being a bad winner. It happens..
Posted Image#94 it used to be

#15 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 25 2014 - 02:28 PM

Why don't we talk about the nice things in life, such as Apples_

Posted Image

Spoiler

#16 thirtysix

thirtysix

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted July 25 2014 - 07:33 PM

Perhaps there is a happy medium... make it an option set by consensus pre auto-balance. There should be a few other "options" that could be set by consensus on a per match, per server basis.. i.e. only one mech type per team, no tech... etc...

Edited by thirtysix, July 25 2014 - 07:35 PM.

Asus Rampage III Extreme - Core I7 920 - 16Gb G.Skill RipJawsZ - 2 EVGA GTX 560ti (SLi) - Cosair Hydro H50 cooler - Corsair CMPSU-1000HX - Antec DF-35
In space no one can hear you scream!

#17 Ade_the_Rare

Ade_the_Rare

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted July 25 2014 - 10:48 PM

Sometimes when playing my Reaper I get tired of watching my team trying to take the AA back from four or five enemy mechs by throwing themselves at it one by one, so I just shoot out the turrets on their ship as it's flying towards the base.

There are achievements and xp bonuses for doing so, which implies this is a game mechanic that's meant to used. Same is true about killing shots on enemy ships...

I do understand your frustration on the matter of taking the AA, but simple truth is that people need to learn how to play as a team; if my team is doing badly at taking the AA, I'll roll my Assault next time I'm in the garage if I've been playing Reaper, just to get in close and help take the AA back. Too many people don't seem to realise they can do this <_<

**EDIT** Forgot the original "vote kick" thing; this is a BAD idea as it creates a community that has a mentality that people should automatically know exactly what to do, and anyone who's playing in a way that a handful of people (friends, sheep, whatever) will vote against is going to be on the end of some serious griefing. Rather than try to show new/less experienced players how to do it right, it encourages people to be fucktards because it's "elite". No, no, no.

Edited by Ade_the_Rare, July 25 2014 - 10:53 PM.

Posted Image

#18 BigLag

BigLag

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted July 26 2014 - 11:10 AM

So the problem with giving players the power to kick, is they will abuse it, especially those bleating for it.

The only time I'd be comfortable with a vote kick would be if:

Same team vote

• Requires 66% on the same team to vote yes for the vote penalty to be triggered
  • If the vote fails, the player that starts the vote takes the penalty.
  • Can only initiate a vote kick once per match

Opposite team vote

• Requires 80% on the same team to vote yes + 66% on enemy team vote yes
  • If the vote fails, the player that starts the vote takes the penalty.
  • Can only initiate a vote kick once per match
    That way there would have to be a considerable amount of aggravation against a single player to remove the player from the match. That's the only way i can see avoiding cranky players taking it out on other players.

Otherwise, vote kick, its just another attempt for immature players having a bad day to force team mates to play in ways they don't want to play or know how to play, in order to redirect their feelings of frustration and hostility.

If you expect organized play in a pub game, you are looking for love in all the wrong places.

And yes,

Posted Image

Edited by BigLag, July 26 2014 - 12:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users