HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Reaper loadout and abilities synergy _

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 10:55 PM

The reaper ability seems almost useless (except for RPR hawkins) since the KE-Sabot and the two other primary weapons has an almost perfect precision.
Furthermore the AM-SAR semi-auto gameplay is not as fun as it could be.

I'd love to have :

- An AM-SAR functioning like a Jacob's pistol from borderlands 2 : decent for sniping and you can smash your left mouse button for a good (but short) burst at close range.

In terms of gameplay for hawken : increase it's rate of fire (bordelands jacobs rof ~15, which may be too much though), slightly increase it's damage per shot, increase it's heat generation and dramatically increase it's spread per shot so that firing more than 3 times will be very inaccurate.

This way the AM-SAR could benefit from precision overdrive

- A modification of the reaper ability that benefits to the KE-Sabot, maybe some sort of "target locking" (only for the KE-Sabot and maybe the slug rifle), with the cooldown and ability duration modification to balance it properly
Posted Image

#2 brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 01:11 PM

I made a suggestion thread for the Reaper's special ability. Precision Overdrive is actually pretty great with the Hawkins RPR because it has a lot of bullet spread, and it's a little useful with the AM-SAR which also has a little spread (although much less), but the Slug Rifle has no spread and when scoped the KE-Sabot has no spread and does extra damage. It's also got a longer cooldown than the Sharpshooter's special ability.

A lot of people already prefer switching out of the AM-SAR at the first opportunity because it's so click intensive; increasing the rate of fire would only make this worse. I like these AM-SAR suggestions.

#3 renynzea

renynzea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted May 03 2014 - 01:24 PM

Not a fan of making the AM-SAR less accurate myself.  The only reason I use it is because it is accurate scoped or no-scope.  Others have suggested alternate reaper abilities and after playing the reaper a lot I think that may be the better option.  For example, this thread:

https://community.pl...pecial-ability/

#4 MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 05:02 PM

thanks I've read the other thread.
I think that you may have misunderstood me for the AM-SAR, I dunno if you played borderlands 2 or not. The semi-auto weapons they have are very accurate and have a huge inaccuracy increase per shot, after a few click the spread changes from a sniper rifle to a scattergun. This gives these weapons two "modes" of firing : long range sniping and close range (smashing) burst which I find kinda interesting.
Posted Image

#5 renynzea

renynzea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted May 03 2014 - 06:15 PM

I understood you.  I have played Borderlands 2.  I liked the first game better.  I'm not a fan of the direction they went with the weapons in the second game.  To many weapons requiring multiple ammo per shot, and way too much weapon spread.  Liked the accurate guns of the first game.  They were more accurate.  Simpler.

If they did what you are suggesting to the AM-SAR I would stop using it, and the reaper to match.  The AM-SAR is the only weapon I like on the reaper these days, and IMO it is close to perfect now.  The accuracy is a large part of that.  The only thing is needs is auto-fire, like every other non-charged weapon in the game.

#6 Blasterh22

Blasterh22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 01:27 AM

i have a question:
if u r holding the left mouse button, shooting continously with Hawkins-RPR near a mech, and in the same time u shoot with the KE-Sabot, it(the ke-sabot) will go stright into the mech, although u not aiming it. why's that_ I mean every time I shoot ke-sabot without the scope I hit it. is it a bug or it's spreads, or it's just me so good__ :D

#7 killyg

killyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 10:13 PM

precision overdrive is actually pretty useful, it give unscoped ke-sabot perfect precision, and allows you to put up a good fight at mid-close range, where a lot of dueling happens.

and as already mentioned, it's good for RPR and SAR at longer ranges

#8 Kommunism4Kids

Kommunism4Kids

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted June 24 2014 - 11:12 AM

Precision overdrive is good in objective modes when the enemy team is distracted. I like to use it with the RPR from afar to take one enemy out of the action (kill or forced to repair) before I close in for mid and close range fighting.

Edited by Kommunism4Kids, June 24 2014 - 11:15 AM.

#9 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted June 24 2014 - 01:11 PM

NM
:)

uh oh....May 09___ hahhhahaha. I got nekro'd!
:D

Edited by EM1O, June 24 2014 - 01:14 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#10 Ishimaeru

Ishimaeru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 01 2014 - 05:02 AM

I am a fellow prestige reaper pilot, and I think the weapons themselves are fine. What I think need to change is the ability. Precision overdrive should max out the weapons effective range and accuracy. This way we will have more use for the ability. For example; the Hawkins rpr is killer at close range but affair you can be gunned done by an assault rifle. However, once you pop the ability your Hawkins rpr become temporarily stronger that the assault rifle because your effective range of the rpr have been maxed out. Because, accuracy is nice, but what is the use if your weapons are weaker at a range. I mean it is a sniper right_

#11 Artist

Artist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted July 01 2014 - 05:36 AM

View PostIshimaeru, on July 01 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

I mean it is a sniper right_

Nope, marksman, the sharpshooter is closer to a sniper. The Reaper is mid range, and the ability supports that by allowing precise unscopes with the sabot, and less spread on RPR, etc ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users