HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Reaper with jagged teeth

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Reaper's guns (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Do we need stronger guns for Reaper_

1. Definitely yes, sniper's guns must hit stronger per shot with slow firing rate. (12 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Definitely no, it will destroy actual balance. (13 votes [46.43%])

Percentage of vote: 46.43%

3. I'm not sure / I don't care. (3 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Grendel_Echo

Grendel_Echo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationPiaseczno, Poland

Posted May 05 2014 - 01:33 AM

Not a long time ago Reaper could be my favourite mech for use with primary and secondary guns at once to do high dmg in one shot, but now with the weak Slug this sniper has not much to do, especially when enemy is supported by good technician. I think the balance should consider sniping with single powerful shot (e.g. much over 100 dmg total with 2 guns) from long distance with very slow rate of fire and high heat generation.
Example: Reaper can be killed almost instantly by Predator's mines (good close combat ability), but Predator can unlikely be killed from distance by Reaper even with multiple shots (bad long range ability).

Edited by Grendel_Echo, May 05 2014 - 01:34 AM.

#2 kingalbert2

kingalbert2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Locationaboard the Litany of Fury

Posted May 05 2014 - 02:47 AM

that would make the reaper the sharpshooter

the reap is more of an assasin than a sniper, always on the move poking at enemys to help the team, using its mobility to remain safe whie doing this
Posted Image

#3 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted May 05 2014 - 04:04 AM

View Postkingalbert2, on May 05 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

that would make the reaper the sharpshooter

the reap is more of an assasin than a sniper, always on the move poking at enemys to help the team, using its mobility to remain safe whie doing this

Pretty much this.
If you want more burst damage go play Sharpshooter.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#4 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted May 05 2014 - 06:25 AM

I would be fine if they would change the abillity ....

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#5 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 04:16 PM

I voted yes, but not definitely. Just a small damage buff on the slug would go a long way, and perhaps too long of a way. I use reaper consistently, and I really enjoy it as it is. The only people I ever have difficulty killing 1v1 are scouts up close. It has quite a high skill ceiling. By stronger guns, I might consider an ability that does the same as what the reaper already does, except also allows for full damage on the Sabot when not scoped in.
Posted Image

#6 Frisbee_Player

Frisbee_Player

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationDefinitley not wasting my time on the computer when its nice out...

Posted May 05 2014 - 04:51 PM

The reaper is more suited for closer sniping and skirmishing IMO, I've maxed its rank, and I play with the RPR and just do cqc, I've bought and tried the slug, and I definatley agree that it lacks punch, but at the same time I like using it like a slower more long range berserker...

#7 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted May 05 2014 - 06:43 PM

View PostFakeName, on May 05 2014 - 06:25 AM, said:

I would be fine if they would change the abillity ....

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER CHANGE THE REAPERS ABILITY

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#8 reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJHB, SA

Posted May 06 2014 - 05:53 AM

Sniper players will never be satisfied until they can one-two shot every damn thing. WHAT I CANT INSTAGIB SOMEONE WITH A HEADSHOT_ SNIPER TOO WEAK PLEASE BUFF.

#9 Crminimal

Crminimal

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted May 06 2014 - 07:14 AM

I say the Reaper is fine the way it is but since I love playing it some added versatility to the abillity would be a welcome change.
Maybe allow for full secondary damage when unscoped, but on the other hand I feel the emphasis on scoping should be high even in midrange/cqc, add some damage to your primary weapons for the duration and/or maybe eliminate damage falloff  when scoped for the primary weapons. At the cost of a slightly lower duration or longer cooldown.

I love the high skill cap that comes with quickscoping combined with the high mobility and would prefer the ability to accentuate that rather then diminish it.

Edited by Crminimal, May 06 2014 - 07:18 AM.

#10 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted May 07 2014 - 06:45 AM

The Ripper has jagged teeth. AGREE
The Ripper's jagged teeth make it horrible. DISAGREE

If you have jagged teeth and you'r biting and not getting any yelps, then you need to learn to not only bite, but also twist, pull, yank until you rip apart the flesh and split the bones of your quarry.

Jagged teeth have a purpose, that's all I've got.

Edited by IronClamp, May 07 2014 - 06:46 AM.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#11 grandreaper

grandreaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNew-Brunswick

Posted May 07 2014 - 07:21 AM

View PostIronClamp, on May 07 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

The Ripper has jagged teeth. AGREE
The Ripper's jagged teeth make it horrible. DISAGREE

If you have jagged teeth and you'r biting and not getting any yelps, then you need to learn to not only bite, but also twist, pull, yank until you rip apart the flesh and split the bones of your quarry.

Jagged teeth have a purpose, that's all I've got.

Strangely poetic. I like.

#12 eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationEast

Posted May 09 2014 - 10:07 AM

Reaper needs a reworked ability. Accuracy increase is better than nothing, but compared to other abilities_ A little lackluster.
[My MMR]
[Who is streaming HAWKEN right now_]
[Hawken Wishlist 2014.09.11]:
Spoiler

#13 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted May 21 2014 - 05:31 PM

same here. make the ability the gut ripper amplifier instead of a "why bother_"
i never use it because basically, it's useless. scope_ big deal. scope with ss similar damage boost_ O Yeh! otherwise, im not wasting time to scope up, fire, then reset, when i should have pumped 2 or 3 into an enemy then moved on to the next kill. this a hispeed mech, the dps/ability should match it

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#14 Silent_K

Silent_K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 23 2014 - 09:59 PM

People all use slug reaper just like I mostly do but... I started to learn the benefit of the reapers ability. If you are playing a ripper-reaper, when you hit that ability button, you now can do damage almost like a vulcan, but from across the map. It is great if you are supporting a team because you can whittle down enemies from flank, and weaken them for the deathball.... Now, granted... it sucks that the ability is only useful for the one gun. No other mech has an ability that is so tied to the type of weapon it uses that it can be pointless if you move to prestiege.

I would suggest one of the following
a)adjust the ability: like a weak reticle snapping (still keeps the same theme, it's still increased accuracy, but its useful on all the weapons because now you can fire more easily.(best idea)
b)add some functionality: like the ability gives increased accuracy and increased ROF so you can get maybe four slug shots in instead of    two
or
c)change the ability all together: (examples) corrosive rounds; deals 10 damage per second unless the target heals back to full health. Reaper ammo; deals extra damage to weaker enemies (the percent of health the target is missing is the percent tie bullet damage is increased by)

#15 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted July 19 2014 - 02:06 PM

^ Pimp my reaper to make it a kick ass monster!

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#16 Noptics

Noptics

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted July 20 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostSilent_K, on May 23 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

People all use slug reaper just like I mostly do but... I started to learn the benefit of the reapers ability. If you are playing a ripper-reaper, when you hit that ability button, you now can do damage almost like a vulcan, but from across the map. It is great if you are supporting a team because you can whittle down enemies from flank, and weaken them for the deathball.... Now, granted... it sucks that the ability is only useful for the one gun. No other mech has an ability that is so tied to the type of weapon it uses that it can be pointless if you move to prestiege.

I would suggest one of the following
a)adjust the ability: like a weak reticle snapping (still keeps the same theme, it's still increased accuracy, but its useful on all the weapons because now you can fire more easily.(best idea)
b)add some functionality: like the ability gives increased accuracy and increased ROF so you can get maybe four slug shots in instead of two
or
c)change the ability all together: (examples) corrosive rounds; deals 10 damage per second unless the target heals back to full health. Reaper ammo; deals extra damage to weaker enemies (the percent of health the target is missing is the percent tie bullet damage is increased by)

Aawww crud! now I gotta undo my vote, go away and use my brain...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users