HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mechanic's logs.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLast Sighted: Praxis Valley

Posted May 20 2014 - 07:10 PM

<Incoming Message: Unknown>

<Message Corrupted. Deleting File>

<WARNING: Unknown Presence Detected>

<Establishing Firewall . . . Failed>

<Enabling Countermeasures . . . Failed>

<WARNING: System Malfunction>

<System Rebooting . . . >

<Hello, what would you like to do_>

<Incoming Message: K_O>

<Opening Message>

<Decrypting . . . >

<Complete>

Robert Vernicky - Journal Entry - Log #35 - Date

I hate this war.

Wake up, scrub up, get to the hangar. Turn the wrench, hydraulic rupture, curse.
Repair leak, new face, basic mech shake down. He's excited, first time running a mech, he's gonna be a hero.
Alarm sounds, new recruit leaves the hangar, forgot his face already. Start work on next mech, scraps come in,
start scanning them.
Reports come in, heavy losses, recruit among them. No time for sermon, bow our heads, no more tears here.
Chassis is done, hydraulic manifold's in, oil leak, curse. Lunch. The rest of the day goes by much the same.

I can't keep this up. Too many faces, too many dead... I'll snap if it keeps going. I don't see them as mechs anymore.

I see them as walking coffins.

I'm making people's graves, outfitting them with sub-par armor, and throwing on anything that will shoot.
The worst is when I have to put on a malfunctioning gun because "we don't have time for a good one".
We don't have time_ The lines never change! We fight in the same place over the same ****ing EU... EU! RAT ****!

Who do they think they are_ Playing with our lives like it's a game_ We lose too many people, too many young...
I see why so many people abandoned the cities now... Hawken's virus, corrupted police, corrupted governments...
It's like they think we can last forever.

We need change... Help... We need solid ground.

We don't need EU.

<End log>

<What would you like to do_>
Posted Image

eth0 said:

are you made of cupcakes and puppies_

View PostSylhiri, on July 13 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

Never underestimate the power of the epeen.

View PostSatelliteJack, on July 13 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Droppin' wisdom bombs

#2 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted May 20 2014 - 07:13 PM

Lovely! :D  It's so dark and grim!

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, May 20 2014 - 07:14 PM.

#3 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted May 21 2014 - 10:56 AM

I'm happy you released this piece! It is duly worth attention. ^^

#4 KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted May 21 2014 - 07:52 PM

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Incoming Message: [/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]K_O[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Opening Message>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Decrypting . . . [/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Decryption Failed[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Rerouting Files . . .[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] >[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Reroute Successful[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Warning: You are breaking Sentium Protocol 3-12. Disobedience Will Not Be Accepted>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Warning: Failure to Adhere to Company Policy Will Result In Immediate Termination[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sytems Failure: Processing Has Ceased in Local Area Databanks. Please Stand-By[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<System Restart Required>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Please Stand-By . . . >[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Hello, What would you like to do_>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Incoming Message: [/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]K_O[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Decrypting . . . [/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Complete>[/font]

Robert Vernicky - Journal Entry - Log #26 - Date

They're doing well enough, I guess. The pilots don't always come back, but that's to be expected... Right_

The line of mechs limping in never ends... Some of them the pilots are really injured, some just the mechs. Its just... Most just come back in bags... If at all...

But that's alright, I do my job, and they don't get hurt as bad. That's why I joined, no one can pull these junkers back together better than I can... It's just so... Demoralizing. I don't understand how the pilots can stay together so well... Most have lost friends, some even family members...

It's not my place to say, I know, but it's just so hard not to think about it. I see the faces... The new faces most often... The ones I didn't know, you know_ The kids that just grab a junker and try to make something of themselves. Most don't come back...

There was one kid, I don't remember his name... Joseph, I think... Russian speaking, probably from one of the slums... Picked up by the recruiter and sent to me... Wonder what the bonus was this time.

I ran him through his basic specs, tried not to think about what he might see, what he might do... What might happen... Kept the friendly face, you know_ I think he could tell... Something in his eyes... God forgive me... I sent him out there knowing better.

We got word the next day, somewhere in that forest... That god forsaken place has taken more lives than it's worth.

I hope they burn that place to the ground.

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<End log>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<What would you like to do_>[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font]

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, May 21 2014 - 07:53 PM.

Posted Image

eth0 said:

Droppin' wisdom bombs

#5 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted May 30 2014 - 06:08 AM

I'm probably one of those hopeful recruits... Better its in a game than in reality...

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#6 KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 08:57 PM

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Hello, what would you like to do_>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Warning: Virus detected. Emergency cache deletion in progress[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]>

<
[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Warning: Virus detected. Emergn9goay chasd;lje fdlkj. weoasl. fa. gajps[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Hello.>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<You've read the messages so far have you_>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Good>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<This is what they hide from you>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<You don't hear about the death from those recruiters do you_>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Not on either side. Prosk. Sentium.>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<They want you to fight till there's nothing left>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<To die till there isn't a point in living>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Remember: We don't need EU>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Decrypting . . . >[/font]

Robert Vernicky - Journal Entry - Log #13 - Date

Well it's not much, but I managed to get the room they gave me clean. Like I said though, it's not much... The one pipe still leaks, and I swear it'll leak so long that they're in use. I've tightened the damned nut down so much... Even considered trying to use a welder to seal it... Whatever.

I'm on my... What... Sixth mech_ Seventh_ Something like that. The junkers never do stop breaking, the CR-T is my biggest issue right now... Number 2854. That bastard will not for the life of him shut down for repairs. I'm not sure if it's programming, or a mechanical malfunction, but instead of shutting down it just crouches down into a squat and makes a god-awful noise... Maybe it's the hydraulic actuator for the spine column... Hm...

Anyways, the Doc said I need to start focusing more on the personal details of life... Said he's tired of reading about my summarized mechanics logs. So, I guess I should do that instead...

The doctors gave me word yesterday, my mother is doing well after her surgery. The virus took her leg, but she's alive... They said there is a small chance of it returning, and to watch for symptoms, but that she should be free and clear. I can't say this is a bad decision now, working for Sentium saved my mother's life... So what are a few years in the hangar_

I got that girls number last night too... Larria... I wish I could be more excited though... It's hard to think about anything but work...

We lost a lot of pilots this week... I mean, we've been losing them this whole time, but I didn't realize it was so bad till I knew some of them. Richard, Molly, Esla, Jovan... The list goes on, but those are just the ones I know. They were my friends... God, Molly was the first person to show me around the hangar... And she's dead...

They didn't hold a service for them either... They just kept working, like it was no big deal... The sick *****... I've never wanted to shake someone so badly... I wanted to scream at them "This was a person! They're more than just numbers!"...

I held a small service that night in my room, it wasn't what they deserved, just a candle and a prayer, but it was the best I could do for now. I hope they've found some peace... Maybe Richard will finally shut up for onc... I'm sorry... I shouldn't have said that...

It's hard... I mean, I've been around death before, I've seen what happens, but so much of it in one place_ What's worse is I have to part out the scraps of these people's deathbeds and turn them into a working mech for the next sorry bastard to wander into it.

The recruiter never mentioned any of this. He said "just repairing mechs and weaponry". What a load of horse ****. I swear, they never said anything about the blood... Nothing about the bodies... Sometimes the hangar is more like a slaughterhouse than a garage... I suppose that's a bit grim, but it's what it reminds me of now.

Right. I don't want to dredge over this too much. I'll pray tonight and have a good meal. Should do me some good with the day off tomorrow, might finally get some sleep.

Forgive me Robert, I was too slow. But I will use you as my example now, my guiding light, to lead these warriors to battle against their real enemy. Many of us will die. But none will ever be forgotten. You will remain among us, if only in spirit. If you're reading this, than you've noticed my addition. Good. You're staying vigilant. Be warned, a new enemy is upon the horizon, one just as powerful and deadly as either MPC. Beware the men of black and red, whose bones themselves are made of cobalt.*

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<End log>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]What would you like to do_[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]>[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font]

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, June 10 2014 - 09:44 PM.

Posted Image

eth0 said:

Droppin' wisdom bombs

#7 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted May 30 2014 - 11:29 PM

I was about to post a picture of ''DIDN'T READ LOL'' untill I actually began reading.
Nice work, actually made me read everything. :)

Posted Image

Spoiler

#8 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted May 31 2014 - 04:35 PM

No words. I can't... this perspective on Illal tests the graphic limits of anything we've encountered in Hawken fanon writing this far, and the description itself isn't even that graphic. it's the emotional weight carried on every pained syllable that expresses the horrors and grime spent upon the eyes of a weary mechanic, and by extension, the reader's thoughts.

On my part, further elaboration would amount to mere fluff. You astound me. Good job. ;)

#9 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted May 31 2014 - 07:46 PM

I should have commented earlier... xD  The amount of feelings in this log is huge!  It's so dark and grimy and it fits rather well considering how the Hawken Universe is like.

#10 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted June 01 2014 - 02:07 AM

Got to be a d0uche, sowwy already.

First, this mechanic sounds like he is emo, and nobody likes to read about an emo. Get rid of the "..." and it is better.

Second, not everyone die in the first 20-30 seconds out in the fields. This is no D-day.

And third, as a mechanic on a recruitment station he should know that he would be friends with people that will most likely die.
I`ll fix it later.

#11 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted June 01 2014 - 02:18 AM

View PostAregon, on June 01 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

Banana.

I'm actually positive for once and then AFKgon comes. :mellow:

Posted Image

Spoiler

#12 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted June 01 2014 - 02:43 AM

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 02:18 AM, said:

View PostAregon, on June 01 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

Banana.

I'm actually positive for once and then AFKgon comes. :mellow:
HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE
I`ll fix it later.

#13 Z3roCool007

Z3roCool007

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in you're room.

Posted June 01 2014 - 04:49 AM

I never thought of hawken like this...
Its so... My god.

Hawken is a game and... Look how in depth it can become!
Posted Image

Now I know we can never be friends

-EliteShooter

#14 Drrt4

Drrt4

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUSA Florida

Posted June 01 2014 - 05:58 AM

Amazing story's. I'm a sucker for fan lore such as this, You sir got me hooked. Looking forward to the next logs.
Posted Image

View PostMoreapples, on June 22 2014 - 04:16 AM, said:

Sips Co. High Quality Dirt

#15 KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted June 01 2014 - 10:31 PM

<Hello>

<I'm glad to see you've read them so far>

<I'm not surprised that you don't believe the terror that he suffered>

<Let me show you the person he was before he started>

<Maybe then you'll see>

<Incoming Message:
K_O>

<Opening Message>

Robert Vernicky - Journal Entry - Log #1 - Date

Well, as per the contract, I'm here. Uh... I've never been much for recordings...

Let's see... First day in the hangar! Already gotten my quarters squared up. An old boiler room isn't what I had in mind, but it has a certain... Something about it. It's covered in dust that has probably been there since they built this place... But it's a good place to start.

A girl showed me about the hangar today, name's Molly I think. Wouldn't mind getting to know here... She's a bit... Wonky... But hey, I hear the crazies are great in bed...

<Warning: Sentium protocol dictates that fraternization between employees is strictly an off duty activity. Failure to adhere to Sentium Protocol will result in punitive action>

Oh... Right... Uh... Sorry...

Uhm... What can I talk about... Mom's in the the hospital now... She'll be prepped for surgery within a day or so they said... They'd better make her better, I didn't sign up for nothing, and if they mess it up... Well, I can be the best mechanic they've ever had, or I can be the biggest thorn they'll ever see.

<Threatening Sentium Corps will result in punitive action: Funds Deducted: 400 Scrip>

Great... I'm making a fantastic impression aren't I_

Anyways, I'll say this, they're good at buttering me up. They had me start out on an advanced tech AXEs. Some gentlemen by the name of... Oh christ what was it... Big fella, really friendly. They said he was in a serious accident or something... Poor bloke isn't himself anymore... I didn't catch much of what he said, lot of information to retain an all, but he was nice. Taught me a lot about the [Information Redacted] of his mech, cool stuff, wish I'd remember all of it.

The guy seemed down though... Not that it's my place to talk about... Something in that eye of his tells me that maybe this is a bad idea... But if they fix my mom up, I don't care what happens to me.

Anyways, the mech, fantastic thing. One of the mid sizes, and it is beautiful. Never worked on anything like it, none of the junkers I've fixed can top it. Real nice working with newer stuff. Since the thing happened with Crion, the stuff the companies have been pushing out have just be recycles. I was working on a few mechs from the initial landing here on Illal a couple of weeks ago, you know, the huge walkers they used to start up the mining_ Ya, old stuff. Now I'm working on these beauties. I can't wait to see what else there is.

What'd he call it... A predator_ Said it's a higher end mech, and I don't doubt it. The thing is intimidating. I think the [Information Redacted] has to use some form of carvorite plating in order to [information Redacted]. You'd be amazed at how quickly the [Information Redacted] recovered. Really fantastic equipment.

<WARNING: You are discussing Theta Level Security information>
What do you mean I shouldn't discuss that_ It's not like this is read by someone outside is it_

<Warning: Lower Security level detected. Activating Emergency Protocol 1-42>
NO DON'T DO THAT! ****!

<Warning: You are breaking Sentium Protocol 12-5>
Why are you... No... Blasted thing... HOW DO I SHUT THIS OFF_!

<Emergency Protocol Activated: Initiating Local Area Defense>
Stupid piece of garbage!

<Abrupt Log End>

<He wasn't always so bitter>

<He was so curious>

<Asked every question imaginable>

<He had life in him>

<I met him so long ago now, I wish I could have helped him>

<Here is the last message he ever wrote>

<Incoming Message: K_O>

<Opening Message>

Robert Vernicky - Journal Entry - Log 61 - Date

You ******* bastards...

You lied to me.

Tricked me into working on your ******* death machines.

You think you can fool me for so long_

Lie to me about EVERYTHING_!

MY MOTHER DIED ON THAT TABLE YOU BASTARDS! SHE'S BEEN DEAD THE WHOLE TIME! YOU ******* ***** ******* ****** ****!

<Recording state: Inactive>

<Movement detected: Reinitiating record>

<Time Elapsed: 00:00:36:12.48>

You think, that just because I fix your machines, that you own me_

That you can trick me into doing these things for nothing_

That you can play with my life like I'm a god ****** TOOL_!

Well, unlucky for you. I happen to be much smarter. Smarter than you, and smarter than you're ****** company.

I'll see you all in hell.

End log.

<Total damage to the Sentium maintenance facility was irreparable>

<The facility has been shut down since the explosion>

<He woke up>

<But it cost him everything>

<I couldn't save him>

<But I will save others>

<You don't have to join me, but if you want to survive, you will>

<Crion is coming>

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, June 01 2014 - 10:36 PM.

Posted Image

eth0 said:

Droppin' wisdom bombs

#16 Z3roCool007

Z3roCool007

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in you're room.

Posted June 05 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostKilleR_OrigiNs, on June 01 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

Snipity snip

Posted Image

Okay... s*** just got real.
this is in-depth now.

Edited by Z3roCool007, June 05 2014 - 07:44 AM.

Posted Image

Now I know we can never be friends

-EliteShooter

#17 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted June 05 2014 - 12:43 PM

*POOF*

Edited by IronClamp, June 10 2014 - 03:11 PM.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#18 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted June 05 2014 - 04:07 PM

^ IronClamp, please delete and post this in another topic.

This thread is for K_O's work, not as a metaphorical dumping ground for ideas or spin-offs. ;)

Thank you. ^^

Edited by Wi2P, June 10 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#19 KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted June 10 2014 - 07:44 PM

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Establishing Direct Connection>

<Standing By>
[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<I'm sorry for my absence>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<You would be surprised how diligent Sentium is with their computer systems>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<They may still be hunting, but I will return shortly>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Connection Interrupted>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Warning: You are in Violation of Sentiummmasmmmmmmm[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Initiating Emergency Reboot[/font][font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Hello>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<They've found me>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<But I must say this>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<Losing anyone on any day is never a good thing, though I understand your point>[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<More must rise in order to end this chaos>

<And more must die>
[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<But not before we take back what is rightfully ours>

<Not before we take back our humanity>
[/font]

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, June 10 2014 - 09:36 PM.

Posted Image

eth0 said:

Droppin' wisdom bombs

#20 ZeroSteelfist

ZeroSteelfist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted September 19 2014 - 11:18 PM

These are so fun to read. Keep it coming. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users