HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Game Momentarily Freezing Durng Play

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Koliup

Koliup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 31 2014 - 01:17 PM

So I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but Hawken (and I think my whole computer) freeze at random points during play. For anywhere from 1-3 seconds at a time (I have encountered freezes up to 9 seconds in length). Sometimes they're isolated, but sometimes I get a chain of freezes.
The freezes are accompanied by nothing happening. No sound, my FPS meter doesn't waver. Nothing. When I get control back, my mech has typically moved a decent ways off from where it started.
So, help_ I don't know a whole lot about computers, or at least not enough to diagnose this.

Additional Information:
Steam's web browser froze while I was playing Hawken, with it (Hawken) loading in the backdrop.
I am in the Arizona heat with no AC. My computer case is very warm to the touch as I write this.

#2 Mythril_Golem

Mythril_Golem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted May 31 2014 - 02:00 PM

i have the same thing, but I've had it for years with select games. Some games run on ultra settings smoothly and others are prone to freezes even at their lowest setting.
my freezes are usually accompanied by a message like "display driver stopped responding and has recovered". This weird teleport thing only happens in Hawken though, other games pick up where you left off but here if I freeze on the aa in siege I'll reappear at one of the eu stations after 5-9 seconds

I believe it's down to the ram and the ati card not gelling, I read somewhere that changing the ram would fix it. Could be completely wrong ofc, in any case it seems to be a common problem with people who have ati cards.

Edited by Mythril_Golem, May 31 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#3 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted May 31 2014 - 02:34 PM

My freezes are for 1 second or less, but quite frequent and annoying. Everything started since nvidia gforce experience updated the drivers. :/ I used to run  Hawken on ultra settings without problems before :(

Posted Image

#4 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted May 31 2014 - 03:58 PM

It could be that your GPU, or graphics card is overheating.  It happens to me when I don't manually crank up the card's fan speed up, and it overheats at about 89 degrees C, which is when my computer goes blank or freezes, redisplays, and says "Display drivers crashed and then recovered" or something like that.

You need to improve the airflow in your computer to keep your computer cool, which may help stop display issues. I recently added several case fans to my desktop and temperatures for me haven't gone over 70 degrees C since.

Edited by Silverfire, May 31 2014 - 05:29 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#5 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted June 01 2014 - 01:48 AM

It happens to me when the game tries to reconnect my chat, without me even pressing ''reconnect to chat''.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#6 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationTorino,To-10125 ,italy

Posted July 24 2014 - 03:27 AM

same here Hawken freezes are for 4/6 second or less, but quite frequent also so annoying :angry:

Edited by RozerMahbub1_, July 24 2014 - 03:29 AM.

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

i want to tell you a true story , once upon a time everyone was a perfect pure NOOB ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users