HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

- Map Idea (Combat Zone).

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Wipman

Wipman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted June 01 2014 - 06:24 AM

I think that would be pimp to have a couple of destroyed combat zones like maps, one that look like as Falluyah after the Marines passed by there on this last war, or Alepo like... with crushed buildings, deep craters on streets with the remaining of the neightbours cars, some barricade, burning buildings and such.
Also a half destroyed military outpost, with destroyed tanks arround, advandoned bunkers, ammo & supply crates that would explode if you shoot 'em; trenches and some body counts haging from the destroyed/disabled vehicles. A military airport like map would be pimp too, would be a good C&H map IMO, with strategic points as the tower, one hangar with an strategic bomber inside and a workshop garage as places that conquer and hold.
But a 'No man's land' like map would be über pimp; with skeleton threes scattered arround, all flat, grey and brown with trenches and bombs craters as only no leveled points, with a big ship wreck on the center as "meeting point" and some wrecked small drop ships placed as barricades as spawn points.
This would be the maps that i would like to see for TDM, C&H and Siege; the Airport map would fit well as Siege map IMO.

#2 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted June 01 2014 - 07:18 AM

Agreed, any new map ideas would be great! Hope there coming soon!!! :)

#3 Brycko

Brycko

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationA place in physical space

Posted June 01 2014 - 08:48 AM

I think an abandoned Space Station/Dock/Port is going to be the next map. Just by popular demand. With more giga-structure. You get the picture.

#4 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted June 03 2014 - 01:45 PM

View PostWipman, on June 01 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

Also a half destroyed military outpost, with destroyed tanks arround, advandoned bunkers, ammo & supply crates that would explode if you shoot 'em; trenches and some body counts haging from the destroyed/disabled vehicles. A military airport like map would be pimp too, would be a good C&H map IMO, with strategic points as the tower, one hangar with an strategic bomber inside and a workshop garage as places that conquer and hold.
But a 'No man's land' like map would be über pimp; with skeleton threes scattered arround, all flat, grey and brown with trenches and bombs craters as only no leveled points, with a big ship wreck on the center as "meeting point" and some wrecked small drop ships placed as barricades as spawn points.
This would be the maps that i would like to see for TDM, C&H and Siege; the Airport map would fit well as Siege map IMO.

Thats were the good bit is

#5 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted June 04 2014 - 06:28 PM

You do realize that there was no real war on Illal_ The story of the game, the part we're playing in, is a street war between desperate people, there was no actual military engagements, just skirmishes and battles between, again, desperate people.

Love the idea, but you got to think beyond just the initial "Aha!" and more of the "Okay, how does this fit", which is mostly what the devs are probably stuck with when faced with making a new map from a raw idea.

Here's some rewrites:
  • Border District: the sectors of the Illal urbanscape that are stuck between Prosk and Sentium controlled districts. This would be littered with the barricades, vehicles and carnage of urban warfare.
  • Spacedock 9: the abandoned space port thing that many people have liked to talk about.
  • Praxis Valley: This would be a good 'no-mans-land', seeing as the whole place has been essentially leveled and ruined by the explosion and the virus. I see spires of Giga Structure and old sections of buildings poking out of a large mass of Giga Structure (Like Origin, but far more open, comparable to Bunker, but not circular).
I've chosen to omit the military base because that has been mostly (but not fully) covered by Bunker.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#6 Brycko

Brycko

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted June 05 2014 - 07:37 AM

Whoa, what_ What do you mean by "no war"_ If there is no war, than why do Prosk and Sentium attack each other_ Why do they attempt to recruit people_ Why do they fight each other with big ol' battleships and mega-carriers_ Have you read the Hawken Chronicles_ The wars are the Vitrolium wars, there is no war at the cause of the Hawken virus. But there is war. Why do you think we have teams named "Prosk" and "Sentium"_ It ain't desperate people, but they are fighting in skirmishes because of the lack of resources for a full frontal assault. They do happen from time to time, like the attack in Hawken: Chronicles #3.  

Have you read up on your Hawken lore_ I suggest you do, before you throw others into a frenzy.

Also, Frontline is a good example of an urban district. They divided the city up and are endlessly fighting over it.

Edited by Brycko, June 05 2014 - 08:12 AM.

#7 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted June 05 2014 - 12:13 PM

I said was.

#8 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted June 05 2014 - 02:34 PM

View PostIronClamp, on June 05 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

I said was.
He did say was

#9 Brycko

Brycko

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted June 09 2014 - 02:30 AM

View Postcamtheking20, on June 05 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

I said was.
He did say was

Just a sec... My mind got bent... Aren't we in the future_ (Don't worry, It's irrelevant)

In the game setting, you are in the middle of the vitrolium wars.

I've read your post 5 times over and I still don't get the tense you are using neither what you mean.

Could you enlighten me_

#10 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted June 09 2014 - 08:18 AM

View PostBrycko, on June 09 2014 - 02:30 AM, said:

View Postcamtheking20, on June 05 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

I said was.
He did say was

Just a sec... My mind got bent... Aren't we in the future_ (Don't worry, It's irrelevant)

In the game setting, you are in the middle of the vitrolium wars.

I've read your post 5 times over and I still don't get the tense you are using neither what you mean.

Could you enlighten me_

There WAS no major war so all mill institutes whold be rag tag

#11 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 01:30 PM

Previous to the events of Hawken, primarily Praxis, there had been no war. After Praxis and the whole quarantine bit, the fighting starts to happen because both sides realize there isn't enough resources (vitroleum namely) to share (the Vitroleum Wars). That is where I get desperation, the thing that people are struggling to hold on to what they know and not dive into the unknown created by the Praxis expolsion and the generation of the Giga Structure by the Hawken Virus (modernist idea of the world-in-ruin). What we're seeing and playing in, though in high-tech/cyberpunk 'glory', is not a professional military struggle, but two corporations, one with more money and tech, the other with more resources, that are banding together civilians, training them, then sending them to fight for "their children's future" (ie EU, vitroleum and to lessen the population so that future generations would have breathing room) in rust buckets that some poor soul probably died in just yesterday, but they need the guns and structure, so they repaired it and strapped another sucker into it.

Hawken is a grim story when you look past the technology and amazing graphics, a really grim one...

#12 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostIronClamp, on June 11 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

two corporations, one with more money and tech, the other with more resources, that are banding together civilians, training them, then sending them to fight for "their children's future" (ie EU, vitroleum and to lessen the population so that future generations would have breathing room) in rust buckets that some poor soul probably died in just yesterday, but they need the guns and structure, so they repaired it and strapped another sucker into it.

Yeap rag tag

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users