HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Controller Configuration

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Extra_Pulp

Extra_Pulp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 24 2012 - 11:19 PM

Since I normally play FPS type games with a controller (Halo, COD, GOW, Boarderlands), it would be nice to see some functionality attributed to game controllers or even joysticks.

I used to play the old mechwarrior games with the joystick/controller and the chance to play a quality type mech-FPS like this would greatly appreciated.

A keyboard has never been my strong suit regardless of my background with RTSs and some CCS gaming.

Thanks again,

Pulp

I used to work in an orange juice factory, but I got canned. I couldn't concentrate.

#2 Th4nis

Th4nis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted October 25 2012 - 04:31 AM

Not sure if I'd play with a controller but bumping the thread for those who like to play that way.

#3 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted October 25 2012 - 07:14 AM

If you are really hurting for controller support in the beta I would recommend looking at xpadder. You can set up everything there (I currently use it for playing GW2)

#4 mechpilot0001

mechpilot0001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted October 25 2012 - 03:59 PM

I second this notion. I use the ps3 controller for fps and I can seem to get the game to recongize the key bindings I'm trying to give it with the controller. Is this just because there is no support for controllers yet_

#5 KidGrim

KidGrim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNewton, NC

Posted October 25 2012 - 06:56 PM

I have one question: Is this game about the pace of the CoD series, or is it about the pace you'd normally see with a mech shooter_

If CoD paced: You'll get constantly destroyed. Keyboard and Mouse will outpace your controller. (This coming from someone who likes controllers far better than KBaM for his FPS games, as well.)

If Typical pace: If it's slow enough where fast mouse movement doesn't matter, I think it should be added, as long as there's a way to fit all the controls on the controller.

EDIT: I have to say, I use xpadder. It is not a suitable replacement for actual support within the game for me.

Edited by KidGrim, October 25 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#6 MarkcusD

MarkcusD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 03:37 PM

Please add gamepad support.

#7 Malcheus

Malcheus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted October 26 2012 - 11:39 PM

View PostKidGrim, on October 25 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

I have one question: Is this game about the pace of the CoD series, or is it about the pace you'd normally see with a mech shooter_

If CoD paced: You'll get constantly destroyed. Keyboard and Mouse will outpace your controller. (This coming from someone who likes controllers far better than KBaM for his FPS games, as well.)

If Typical pace: If it's slow enough where fast mouse movement doesn't matter, I think it should be added, as long as there's a way to fit all the controls on the controller.

EDIT: I have to say, I use xpadder. It is not a suitable replacement for actual support within the game for me.

In the alpha there was a config tweak to allow for xbox controllers to be used. I really preferred to play with a controller over mouse and keyboard, because the turning rate of the mechs is slower than that of your mouse movements anyways.
"What_ Men dodging this way for single bullets_ What will you do when they open fire along the whole line_ I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." -general John Sedgwick, the 9th of may 1864, before being killed by a sniper.

#8 doombot138

doombot138

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 05:19 PM

i too like fps games with a controller and if done right you could make alot of people happy and bring in more people to play.i want to set every button to what ever i want change the sensitivity so i can get it perfect .the problem with controll emulators is they never feel right it has to be built in the game for it to work.i really hope you take this in consideration cause most f2p fps games dont have any controller suport and those that do well the suport is broken and pretty much useless and evan tho i am willing to play this with m/k putting a good controller suport in would make me love your awsome game evan more thanx

#9 Mboxel

Mboxel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 09:07 PM

they do want to make this game controller friendly

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users