HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

- Selectables memory.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wipman

Wipman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted June 04 2014 - 05:00 AM

When you've various selectables, like Grenades an Shield Orb... when you throw the grenade it switches naturaly to the Shield orb, but, if you're killed... the selected item is the last one that you'd selected when you died; resoulting in many silly deaths. It don't resets your selectectable items so you've to check 'em out at the spawn if you've 1 selected or if it's 2, what you've selected; is more an annoyance than anything else... but i think that this could be corrected or improved, so when you die your selected item will be 1 again.

#2 JustANoobie

JustANoobie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted June 04 2014 - 05:03 AM

Just use the number on the keyboard to throw the right item right away.
No need to start with the first item.

#3 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted June 04 2014 - 06:37 AM

It would be great to have an option in the settings to enable "highlight item 1 on death/respawn". The number of times I've used the wrong item because it remembered which item I had selected last when I died rather than resetting back to highlighting item 1 is.....too many. <_<

View PostJustANoobie, on June 04 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

Just use the number on the keyboard to throw the right item right away.
No need to start with the first item.

Reaching up to hit a number key during a fight (especially cqc) can be somewhat difficult. It means I need to take my "w" key or "a" key finger off wasd and straighten it out to reach the 1 or 2 key. Whereas rolling my "d" finger off onto "r" is much easier and quicker, imo (assuming default keys, of course). Perhaps those who have been raised on years of old-school shooters won't find hitting the number keys so difficult. But I wouldn't discount the usefulness of having an "item highlight reset" so quickly.

Edit: Also, I think this belongs more in Suggestions. While annoying, I don't think it's really a bug. More like a feature that needs enhancement. :)

Edited by ShadowGTR, June 04 2014 - 06:45 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Wipman

Wipman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted June 04 2014 - 11:30 AM

I play with a DS3 pad so it's easyer for me, but when i spawn after a death... the selected item is the 2nd one if i'd used the 1St one before die, it's quicker to reach the next selectable with the pad's arrows but i use to forget it so i end throwing a shield instead a grenade = dead.
I just don't know why the 2Nd selectable is the selected one with the pad after respawn, if you'd used the 1St selectable "on a previous life"; don't seems very logic to me... and delays my re-entrance on "the party" as i've to check out everytime what's the selected item after each death.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users