HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Service unavailable

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted June 12 2014 - 01:02 AM

View PostLarazard, on June 09 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

Not sure if it's still the same problem, but it seems like me and most of my friend's list just got booted while in the middle of matches as well.

Can't imagine how frustrating this must be for the devs - wishing them the best of luck in tackling this bug.
Yeah, seems like there are still issues on their end. It could be reason for blame on Amazon's servers, as it was partly the database on HAWKEN, and the servers hosting it. Most of the poor network performance is associated with Amazon's infrastructure, for some reason.

Edited by Draigun, June 12 2014 - 01:03 AM.

Posted Image

"The flesh is dying, and we're the next big thing.
The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.
Ascension lies in new ideas, not dusted-off old ones."
  - Philosophy of the Virtual Adepts

#42 RunaPanda

RunaPanda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationTrolling you where ever you go :3

Posted June 13 2014 - 03:19 AM

View PostDraigun, on June 12 2014 - 01:02 AM, said:

View PostLarazard, on June 09 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

Not sure if it's still the same problem, but it seems like me and most of my friend's list just got booted while in the middle of matches as well.

Can't imagine how frustrating this must be for the devs - wishing them the best of luck in tackling this bug.
Yeah, seems like there are still issues on their end. It could be reason for blame on Amazon's servers, as it was partly the database on HAWKEN, and the servers hosting it. Most of the poor network performance is associated with Amazon's infrastructure, for some reason.
Regardless who's to blame, it's getting worse and worse day by day. I live rather close to an amazon data center here in Montreal, my ping to and from the center is less than 8ms. But yet not only is logins in game slowed drastically, but logins on the site here are suffering too. I got a window from 3am to 6am to play other wise it's 20+ minutes of waiting on either "Syncing Account" or "Syncing Stats". Another game I play with it too, is hosted on an AWS server I have zero connectivity issues with, yet I try hawken and it seems near impossible to play unless I want to wait forever.
Intel i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz| DDR4  3200 @ CAS 14|SLIed Quad GTX 980|Kingspec 1TB PCIe SSD/ 4x 3TB HDDs|Logitech G502 Proteus Core|Razer DeathStalker Ultimate|Occulus Rift|3xAsus ROG Swift PG278Q|Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus|Wrapped up in a sexy Corsair Obsidian 900D w/ Custom Laser etching

#43 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted June 14 2014 - 10:58 PM

It may be a case of poor routing from the ISP backbone to HAWKEN services. I play with consumer average speeds, and I rarely have issues, with the occasional rubber banding here and there.

I think it is a combination of HAWKEN's services/database failures, Amazon's servers (the FQDN associated with the master database is hosted on an Amazon server), and poorly optimized routes to the aforementioned services.

However, Amazon has high-grade servers (depending on the specs, a VPS could be a different story), so I find it difficult to believe that Amazon is one of the reasons for this ongoing issue.

Edited by Draigun, June 14 2014 - 11:06 PM.

Posted Image

"The flesh is dying, and we're the next big thing.
The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.
Ascension lies in new ideas, not dusted-off old ones."
  - Philosophy of the Virtual Adepts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users