HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

On Cross-hairs -> New simple possibility..

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: I'd love to have a very simple new primary cross-hair in HAWKEN: A single little red laser dot in the middle of the HUD. What about that_.. (16 member(s) have cast votes)

I'd love to have a very simple new primary cross-hair in HAWKEN: A single little red laser dot in the middle of the HUD. What about that_..

1. I like the idea. (12 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. I don't like it. (4 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 15 2014 - 09:12 AM

I'd love to have a very simple new primary cross-hair in HAWKEN: A single little red laser dot in the middle of the HUD. This as primary crosshair if you wish.

the problem is that the current dynamic cross-hair/s -or at least most of the current combos you may equip with to your mechs- "dissolve" (so to speak) for a short period of time.

Ergo that's why I'd love a single, persistent, solid -at least most of the time- RED & non-obstructive/intrusive DOT in the middle of the HUD.

What about that_..

Poll included; go it.

Edited by The_Silencer, June 15 2014 - 01:48 PM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 15 2014 - 09:45 AM

I think you can add that manually, https://community.pl...allation-guide/

Then make the red lazer dot for yourself, and use it

Edited by EliteShooter, June 15 2014 - 09:46 AM.

Posted Image

#3 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 15 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on June 15 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

I think you can add that manually, https://community.pl...allation-guide/

Then make the red lazer dot for yourself, and use it

No need to mess with game files: Much better if they do implement such an easy possibility. Many will enjoy it in the game.

Oh.. BTW.. independant cross-hair color would be a very nice touch too; would be much appreciated.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#4 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted June 15 2014 - 10:46 AM

Doing that will further strip the game's needed immersion.

I still think they should implement a faded, rugged, and displaced/distorted looking HUD that doesn't look remotely like any other generic FPS. Of course, it can't be to the point that it's useless, so there will have to be some compromise.

Edited by Draigun, June 15 2014 - 10:49 AM.

Posted Image

"The flesh is dying, and we're the next big thing.
The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.
Ascension lies in new ideas, not dusted-off old ones."
  - Philosophy of the Virtual Adepts

#5 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 15 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostDraigun, on June 15 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

Doing that will further strip the game's needed immersion.

I still think they should implement a faded, rugged, and displaced/distorted looking HUD that doesn't look remotely like any other generic FPS. Of course, it can't be to the point that it's useless, so there will have to be some compromise.

This has nothing to do with decreasing the gaming immersion's factor but to pure aiming (simply as that - & competitively if you want too-, buddie.

If you want to talk about health and fuel bars or even on overheating then yes; we talk about immersion there -and as much as you wish.

Edit: I'm not saying that you're not right. I'm just pointing out that new possibilities are going to be always good thing for many players -different perception, tastes, Etc.. In other words: The more the better. And if you don't like any then just don't buy it. :)

Edited by The_Silencer, June 15 2014 - 01:50 PM.

Posted Image

#6 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted June 15 2014 - 01:57 PM

I think the best ones for the primary are the classic x and the slide sight as they never go transparent and they have very little movement. As for the secondary i go for the x-buckle or if the secondary is gl then for the trajectory, these are again the ones that never go transparent and their movement is not that distracting.

I know that a lot of players still wish for more options as to have a center dot or different color/movement/transparency options. For now in your case you can use an overlay.

Spoiler

Edited by shosca, June 15 2014 - 02:09 PM.

#7 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 15 2014 - 01:58 PM

Just make a fuzzy bunny red dot for the guy, come on, he's the most #1 poster on the forums, doesn't he deserve something_ I'm #17, still a long way to go before I can ask for things ... lol ...

Posted Image

#8 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 16 2014 - 04:05 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on June 15 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

Just make a fuzzy bunny red dot for the guy, come on, he's the most #1 poster on the forums, doesn't he deserve something_ I'm #17, still a long way to go before I can ask for things ... lol ...

I concur. :lol: :D

View Postshosca, on June 15 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

I think the best ones for the primary are the classic x and the slide sight as they never go transparent and they have very little movement. As for the secondary i go for the x-buckle or if the secondary is gl then for the trajectory, these are again the ones that never go transparent and their movement is not that distracting.

I know that a lot of players still wish for more options as to have a center dot or different color/movement/transparency options. For now in your case you can use an overlay.

Spoiler

+1
The red dot could be slightly bigger though. ;)

Posted Image

#9 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted June 16 2014 - 05:50 AM

Spoiler

#10 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 16 2014 - 05:52 AM

Biggeeeer :lol: :D

Posted Image

#11 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted June 16 2014 - 06:17 AM

Spoiler

Edited by shosca, June 16 2014 - 06:17 AM.

#12 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 16 2014 - 06:21 AM

Better, IMHO. :)

Now on a serious note: Maybe would be good idea to make 2 or 3 versions of it (basically bigger and bigger) so each pilot picks up the one he/she thinks is most appropiate for his/her HUD.

One thing is for sure though:; it must be solid, visible enough and brigther (more intense red color).

Posted Image

#13 LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationRussia, Chelyabinsk (GMT +5)

Posted June 24 2014 - 12:58 AM

I have another suggestion about improving crosshair system. Please make an optional possibility to turn off the crosshair size dependence of the spread of weapon used. There are some crosshairs that are fairly simple, clearly visible and also don't block the view at the same time (the dot-and-circle crosshair for example). But size dependance makes it a little bit frustrating. For example if I equip the Slug Rifle, my crosshair will be tight and small; and all I have to do is to point with the center dot at enemy. If I equip the Point D Vulcan, my circle part of crosshair will be fairly large, but I still have to point the center dot at enemy, otherwise I'll miss a lot of bullets, because the area in the circle doesn't accurately represent the bullet hit area.

P.S. The possibility to change crosshair's color separately from HUD color is welcome too ;)

Edited by LarryLaffer, June 24 2014 - 01:03 AM.

WolfyFTW's Mindgamer: Hawken videos - the best combat tutorial ever!
Throw away Air Compressor! Be a man!.

#14 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted June 30 2014 - 08:20 AM

I wouldn't like a red dot reticule. Such doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I think it could still end up lost in the background. I think a better option would be making it so the reticule adjusts its tint depending on what you're looking at, similar to how Minecraft does it.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users