HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

can't login, hitting "@" brings up the console

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 IPSpectre

IPSpectre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 08:50 PM

I downloaded the game last night and tried to login, i hit the "shift + ' " key which gives me the @ symbol. however a console popped up instead.
Is there a workaround_

#2 Mnemosy

Mnemosy

Dev Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted October 25 2012 - 09:50 PM

Just an fyi, the console will be disabled once the full release is out. I haven't tested if this will work or not, but I can think of three things that you can try. First try typing out your email somewhere else, ctrl+c to copy the email, and then ctrl+v to paste it in the game window.

If that doesn't work, try loading the launcher instead of the main game client because I think you can sign in via the launcher and that way you won't need to type @ in the client at all.

Last option if the other two don't work would be to rebind your keys, you can use a program like AutoHotKey to do this. Bind @ to a different key on your kb, like F9.

#3 F15H3R

F15H3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted October 25 2012 - 09:58 PM

View PostMnemosy, on October 25 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

If that doesn't work, try loading the launcher instead of the main game client because I think you can sign in via the launcher and that way you won't need to type @ in the client at all.

Reloading the HawkenLauncher.exe seems to be the way to fix the problem.  A lot of people are having the same problem but only when attempting to log in, inside the game itself.  I imagine it was intended for everybody to log in via the Launcher.
Posted Image
ASUS G73 Laptop on to a 36" HDTV | Intel i7 Q720 Quad-Core CPU | ATI Mobility HD5870 GPU | 8GB RAM

#4 IPSpectre

IPSpectre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 08:54 AM

Ah, i just dove straight in :P - eagerness overwhelmed me ^^.

cheers for the help, will just launch it from the launcher in future.

#5 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationAt my desk... duh!

Posted October 26 2012 - 08:57 AM

The @ symbol opening a menu is a known issue with UK/British keyboards. We are working on this.

#6 EviLFazZ

EviLFazZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted October 26 2012 - 07:43 PM

Thanks for the update MerryAgony... from a patiently waiting UK/British keyboard user :ph34r:

Edit: Decided to mess with the ConsoleKey setting and change it to ConsoleKey=Hashtag which worked and allowed me to enter my email address correctly, however my password doesn't work within the game_! :wacko:

Every time I start the default Launcher, it asks for my password, which I enter (again every time), which works and enters the games menu in the background with the request for user name and password again, but in the game now... but does not work here_ :(

Does the game itself handle all characters, as I usually use a strong passwords always including lowers, uppers, numbers and symbols :huh:

Too tired for experimenting with it right now and along day ahead... so next time is Sunday for me :rolleyes:

Edited by EviLFazZ, October 26 2012 - 08:13 PM.

Time is everything []^_^]
I'm usually here: https://profiles.google.com/EviLFazZ

#7 EviLFazZ

EviLFazZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted October 31 2012 - 05:30 PM

Oh well... no change and still not working... so not wasting any more time... I'm outta here for good :angry:  Uninstalling <_<
Time is everything []^_^]
I'm usually here: https://profiles.google.com/EviLFazZ

#8 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted October 31 2012 - 05:32 PM

The beta is closed for now.

new software will be released with round two of the closed beta.
Occupation:  Old guy (do it long enough and you get really good at it)

Super cool jpg goes here>

#9 T5ZK

T5ZK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted November 02 2012 - 01:46 AM

The @ symbol opening a console at login is the same error with Japanese keyboards. It is not only for British. Cntr + V (paste) doesn't work. Alternate hotkeys doesn't emulate.

#10 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 02 2012 - 06:14 AM

It's actually a problem for any Non-US Keyboard layout.

Assuming this isn't fixed by CBE2, you can disable it through an INI adjustment; I explain how to do so here.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users