HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Tazumoto Plays Hawken

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tazumoto

Tazumoto

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 30 2014 - 05:38 AM

Hello everyone. I really love Hawken, it is one of the only fps games that I actually like (can't get into CoD, Hawken trumps CoD every day, and any day of the week imo). I am currently up to episode 11, I upload 1 episode per week, occasionally two. I am still a Hawken noob, so keep that in mind. I hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube....Vd8TWrBfE-xVSce

#2 Frisbee_Player

Frisbee_Player

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationDefinitley not wasting my time on the computer when its nice out...

Posted June 30 2014 - 05:46 AM

Hello... this post would be more suited to the Introductions page... but welcome! :D

#3 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 30 2014 - 06:34 AM

Glad you having a good time.

Posted Image

#4 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted June 30 2014 - 06:41 AM

Post away, gamer, here or elsewhere!
You are after all, posting with your own fan-site YouTubes.
One point: instead of Healing with your Brawler, use the 'F' key to shift to turret mode.
This will do a "half-rate" constant healing. Your speed slows to a crawl, but armor is auto-repaired while you continue to be in combat--without leaving yourself vulnerable to Repair Murder by the enemy! Mind your butt--the rear armor is reduced in this mode, so keep your back to cover!

Welcome to Hawken!

Edited by EM1O, June 30 2014 - 07:01 AM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#5 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted June 30 2014 - 07:24 AM

Glad to see a youtuber streaming hawken!  I'm glad you love it!

#6 Tazumoto

Tazumoto

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 30 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostEM1O, on June 30 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

Post away, gamer, here or elsewhere!
You are after all, posting with your own fan-site YouTubes.
One point: instead of Healing with your Brawler, use the 'F' key to shift to turret mode.
This will do a "half-rate" constant healing. Your speed slows to a crawl, but armor is auto-repaired while you continue to be in combat--without leaving yourself vulnerable to Repair Murder by the enemy! Mind your butt--the rear armor is reduced in this mode, so keep your back to cover!

Welcome to Hawken!

Thanks for the tip and comments everyone. I didn't wanna throw it into the introduction thread because I wasn't sure if it belonged there. Still learning, I've got up to episode 15 recorded so I will apply some of the tips provided in the following eps.

P.S - I love this game, it will have a very long if not indefinite run on my channel.

Double P.S - I've gotta say, this community is really nice. Unlike Planetside 2, where outfits won't recruit Canadians because they speak funny (<--- Is Canadian)

Edited by Tazumoto, June 30 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#7 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted June 30 2014 - 04:22 PM

View PostTazumoto, on June 30 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

P.S - I love this game, it will have a very long if not indefinite run on my channel.

Awesome!  By the way, I like how you do commentary, it really shows how you genuinely like Hawken.

Double P.S - I've gotta say, this community is really nice. Unlike Planetside 2, where outfits won't recruit Canadians because they speak funny (<--- Is Canadian)

Haha, that's what I said when I first came to Hawken.  The community is nicer than most.  This might jinx it but even the arguments here are usually civilized, even if there are a few unsavory types that come around here now and again.

Some more tips: Look at your radar more often, it can save your life.  Also boosting, dodging, and hovering will show you on the radar to everyone.  So if you're trying to sneak attack someone, just walk.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, June 30 2014 - 04:24 PM.

#8 Tazumoto

Tazumoto

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 30 2014 - 04:32 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on June 30 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

Awesome!  By the way, I like how you do commentary, it really shows how you genuinely like Hawken.

Haha, that's what I said when I first came to Hawken.  The community is nicer than most.  This might jinx it but even the arguments here are usually civilized, even if there are a few unsavory types that come around here now and again.

Some more tips: Look at your radar more often, it can save your life.  Also boosting, dodging, and hovering will show you on the radar to everyone.  So if you're trying to sneak attack someone, just walk.

Thanks :D I only play games that I love. Hawken was more of an experiment at first, but I really started getting into it. The theme on my channel is fun, and I will continue playing a game as long as I am having fun.

Also, thanks for the tip, I didn't know that :D

#9 Frisbee_Player

Frisbee_Player

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationDefinitley not wasting my time on the computer when its nice out...

Posted June 30 2014 - 04:40 PM

Hey if you send me a friend request in-game I'll be happy to play with you... if you live in Canada you'll probably be on USE, where I frequent the most :D

#10 Tazumoto

Tazumoto

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 30 2014 - 04:44 PM

View PostFrisbee_Player, on June 30 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

Hey if you send me a friend request in-game I'll be happy to play with you... if you live in Canada you'll probably be on USE, where I frequent the most :D

Sure thing, though I probably won't be able to play next until Thursday.

#11 VenomousWoe

VenomousWoe

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted July 01 2014 - 04:53 AM

I was JUST thinking of posting Hawken to YouTube, and then I see this. This must have been fated to happen or something.

Anyways, I watched your first TDM with the Recruit Assault, and I have to say, not bad. You're definitely rough around the edges in terms of skill, but that's to be expected: you're new. It doesn't affect your video quality, so yeah, whatever. :P

I would like to see you improve your commentary skills though. Try to be as engaging as you can. Comment on the other players, crack wise, do whatever. I just think that there wasn't enough of you in the video I saw. It's a skill I need to work on as well, so no need to fret, but it's something to keep in mind as you continue.

At the end of the day, having a Hawken YouTuber is awesome. Keep it up, and I'll get around to watching some more of your videos.
That is it! I am sick of these fuzzy bunny snakes on this fuzzy bunny plane!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users