HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Items for Raider_

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationThe country of tea and crumpets

Posted July 06 2014 - 02:05 AM

I play Raider a lot.
As the title suggests, I'm looking for items that the Raider can use effectively

I tend to find myself in close quarters a lot.

Thanks!
Posted Image

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted July 06 2014 - 02:18 AM

Repair Charge MK2 + EMP MK2.

Posted Image

#3 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 06 2014 - 02:47 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on July 06 2014 - 02:18 AM, said:

EMP in close quarters_
No thankyou.

I'd suggest Detonator/Repair Charge MK2 + Shield MK2 for that.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#4 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted July 06 2014 - 04:29 AM

Shield 1, repair charge 3 or det 3.  You can either 1 shot or get close to a 1 shot on most A classes if you burst everything at once with a t32.

#5 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted July 06 2014 - 04:36 AM

View PostMeraple, on July 06 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

EMP in close quarters_
No thank you.

You'll toss the EMP where the enemies are to make sure you'll survive when you blitz in there. You are not going to use it when you're very close to the enemy.

Posted Image

#6 talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted July 06 2014 - 11:34 AM

If you EMP a tech/incin at point blank range, then get out, your teamies can lay them to waste even tho you are emp'd as well. Those combos get so cocky, they do not expect stuff like that. You can get them turned around also. :)

:yinyang:

Edited by talon70, July 06 2014 - 11:34 AM.

#7 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted July 09 2014 - 10:04 AM

Det Mk-III (Alpha and Offensive) and EMP Mk-I (Defensive- Get out of trouble fast[maybe])

Edited by caduceus26, July 09 2014 - 10:06 AM.

ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#8 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted July 16 2014 - 12:37 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on July 06 2014 - 04:36 AM, said:

View PostMeraple, on July 06 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

EMP in close quarters_
No thank you.

You'll toss the EMP where the enemies are to make sure you'll survive when you blitz in there. You are not going to use it when you're very close to the enemy.

Sure you can! I've used it when i have 10 health or so whilst waiting on a MIRV cooldown. I'll reset both parties with an emp so our guns come up at the same time giving me a second chance!

Mk2 Repair Charge Mk2 EMP is my set up. RC gets me back in faster ( with Extractor) or keeps me alive longer. EMP is too STRONK right now not to use. A Det may only really do damage to a single target, while an EMP may cripple several or all teammates at once. In a game of milliseconds, 4 seconds is a long time.

Edited by LoC_TR, July 16 2014 - 12:38 AM.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#9 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted July 18 2014 - 04:03 PM

Remember that using an EMP on sombody's shield nullifies it as well as Emp'ing (if thats a word) who's inside about 100% of the time. This has made all the difference for me against clearly more skilled players who are confident enough to heal or play shield peekaboo with me.

#10 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted July 18 2014 - 06:22 PM

View PostFlifang, on July 18 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

Remember that using an EMP on sombody's shield nullifies it as well as Emp'ing (if thats a word) who's inside about 100% of the time. This has made all the difference for me against clearly more skilled players who are confident enough to heal or play shield peekaboo with me.
the emp radius is roughly the same as the shield, if you play it right there is a dead zone for the emp. Try bouncing the emp inside the shield at the opposite side whist dodging out of it. You'll grab everyone else except yourself.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#11 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:03 AM

View PostLoC_TR, on July 18 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

View PostFlifang, on July 18 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

the emp radius is roughly the same as the shield, if you play it right there is a dead zone for the emp. Try bouncing the emp inside the shield at the opposite side whist dodging out of it. You'll grab everyone else except yourself.
Adding to this:
The radius of the shield is 16m (diameter of 32m) and for the EMP it's 24m radius. Considering the size of your mech's hitbox, there is a wiggle room of about 5 meters.

If you are outside the shield and the enemy is inside, aim the EMP towards the top of the shield, as it will be safer for you but also no chance for them to escape.

Edited by Kopra, July 19 2014 - 01:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users