HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Win32-Shipping.exe - Bad Image error. How to fix_

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rajaxx

Rajaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:11 AM

I looked at all the threads on Support section, and could not find any thing related to the problem I am having right now.

I installed the game yesterday morning, patched it up, hit Verify, and when I tried to hit Play, to go to the game's menu, I get this error:

Posted Image

I was not sure what was wrong, so I uninstalled the game today, and reinstalled it.

To no luck, I still get this error.

Can some one tell me how I can fix this issue_

#2 Rajaxx

Rajaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 11:20 AM

I removed and reinstalled DirectX onto my computer, and shut down. I still get this error.

#3 Rajaxx

Rajaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 04:22 PM

Still no luck.

#4 SilentCid

SilentCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 06:01 PM

Try clicking on verify in your Hawken patcher window to verify if any of the Hawken files gone bad.

Edited by SilentCid, October 26 2012 - 06:01 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Rajaxx

Rajaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 08:16 PM

Did that each time I installed the game. File is there too.

#6 SilentCid

SilentCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 09:15 PM

Here is what you want to do.

You can redownload the redistribute version of Directx 9.0c which gives you access to all the .cab files required to do this steps. If you have steam some games comes with the DX 9.0c redistribution version like skyrim. can find it here for the example: x:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonskyrimDirectX10 where x is the install drive for the game. If you want to download the redist version can download here:

http://download.cnet...4-10305889.html

• If you have downloaded it make sure you open the program and extract it some place where you can find it. Look for the Jun2010_Xaudio_x64.cab or Jun2010_XAudio_x86.cab file and open it. Make sure you open the right one for your system (64-bit or 32-bit).
  • Once opened you will noticed the XAPOFX1_5.dll file. Let's push this aside for now.
  • In your System32 folder do a quick search using the search bar on the top right in the window and look for XAPOFX1_5.dll.
  • Renaming this file to XAPOFX1_5.dll.bak to insure it's not going to be any use anymore. Now on the open cab file that we set aside earlier. Drag and Drop the file to the System32 folder.
  • Open the game and see if it works now.

Hopefully that should do it. Sometimes when you uninstall like your dx9 files it may not cleanly remove everything. It may skip the corrupt file.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users