HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN/Masters of Orion II Crossover

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Merkyrie

Merkyrie

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted July 16 2014 - 07:17 PM

So I saw this thread on another website and thought I'd start a topic here to discuss it.

It started with a simple statement: The last two games you played have now fused. How did it turn out_

Mine is this:

Masters of Orion II + HAWKEN

So a galactic turn-based strategy space sim from the 90's meets a current gen first person mech shooter.

Basically the way I'd mash these up is maintain the core mechanics of MOO on a large galactic scale and tailor the combat sequences of ship to ship combat and ground combat to the perspective of mechs. I can imagine Mobile Suit Gundam like battles with mechs and starships duking it out in space and ground battles being similar (plus gravity). I think that'd be a dope game.

Anyone care to delve into this concept with me_ MOO is one of my favorite strategy games of all time and would love to see an up to date version done. If anyone would be really interested, we could possibly do a campaign using HAWKEN matches to determine outcomes of battles. Players involved in the game can save/print a copy of the galactic map and keep track of progress thusly. It'd be a great opportunity to tweak mechanics on a very basic level, and do something different.

Thoughts_
Posted Image

#2 Ade_the_Rare

Ade_the_Rare

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted July 16 2014 - 10:22 PM

Moo2 is the most replayable, awesome game ever made.

Combining Hawken with Moo2... I'm stuck on the memory of a string of Star Wars games that tried to do something like this and all failed miserably. If it could be done well, I suppose it'd be amazing.

Still, Hawken is in it's beta stage, so might have a case of premature sequelation there :D

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users