HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

TPG Feedback: Gametypes

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 15 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

I know, nept has opened the discussion for us, but after all, the top teams want the same thing, and their ideas are just automatically more respected than others. That's not any conspiracy, it's just in all of us, we favor what the stronger wants and thinks.

Honestly, my team doesn't give a bean about which gametype's played.  Most of them are concerned that siege won't play particularly well (especially with its tendency for long games) in a league setting, but I can personally assure you that none of them will advocate a gametype for advantage's sake.

If you are interested in playing siege, then I suggest scrimming with some teams to assess its viability.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#42 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 04:41 PM

EliteShooter: I play a good amount of siege. I honestly play it more than TDM or MA. I wish I could play MA more regularly but there are hardly ever any games going that I can join. Generally the only times I play TDM anymore are when I am playing with a bunch of people I know. Rather than pub stomping.

Back on topic:
I see a general support for MA as the next seasons game mode. It would be nice to run some pick up games with MA to see how things roll.

Edited by CounterlogicMan, August 15 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#43 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted August 15 2014 - 08:46 PM

MA, just going to put my 2 cents in.

i liked TDM because of simplicity, but it favored the higher tier players more because they were simply better at killing from what I can tell. I'm not a bad player, but I'm generally not a very good killer, if you haven't figured out from my various recorded TPG matches. MA at least gives an option of not killing but still allowing a slight possibility to win. I've played MA games where I've hardly killed enemies at all and just went around capping siloes and placed second on my team which happened to win the match. Even in siege, you still have to pretty decent at killing otherwise you'll never capture the AA.  Picking MA, I feel, allows for lesser skilled-at-killing players to have a better chance at winning. Plus the matches aren't as long as Siege games can be. I don't have an hour or two to burn for just one Siege match. I liked TDM's shortness, as I only could jump on Hawken for a half hour most times before having to go back to study or sleep because of school the next day. MA is shorter than siege but longer than TDM and I think I can handle the time this time around.

Edited by Silverfire, August 15 2014 - 08:50 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#44 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 16 2014 - 01:11 AM

View PostLeonhardt, on August 15 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

Now all that being said I understand that there is a language barrier. Actions speak louder than words so if you want to show me how strategical siege is would you be willing to set up a scrim with Omni_ You can choose the map we have a server to access and everything else. We can work out a time that is convenient I understand that your time zone is rather far away from ours.

Oh man, it would be so cool, not just for this discussion, but just for fun. I will try to get my friends to play once I'm back home. Though what's funny is, some of my friends (as you probably noticed in this thread) want MA too, but I still think siege is amazingly fun.

I'm definitely looking forward into getting a sg game going (origin or frontline, maybe both :P lol, I'm kinda taking advantage of this).

Posted Image

#45 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted August 16 2014 - 01:30 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 16 2014 - 01:11 AM, said:

Now all that being said I understand that there is a language barrier. Actions speak louder than words so if you want to show me how strategical siege is would you be willing to set up a scrim with Omni_ You can choose the map we have a server to access and everything else. We can work out a time that is convenient I understand that your time zone is rather far away from ours.

Oh man, it would be so cool, not just for this discussion, but just for fun. I will try to get my friends to play once I'm back home. Though what's funny is, some of my friends (as you probably noticed in this thread) want MA too, but I still think siege is amazingly fun.

I'm definitely looking forward into getting a sg game going (origin or frontline, maybe both :P lol, I'm kinda taking advantage of this).
Uh guys.. I can siege too. And I'll be in the next TPG season. If one of you is short a member for this scrim can I fill_

Edited by ticklemyiguana, August 16 2014 - 01:30 AM.

Posted Image

#46 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 16 2014 - 05:25 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 16 2014 - 01:11 AM, said:

We can do both. lol

View Postticklemyiguana, on August 16 2014 - 01:30 AM, said:

Uh guys.. I can siege too. And I'll be in the next TPG season. If one of you is short a member for this scrim can I fill_

You could try running some siege nights for the pick up games since that would help players get a feel for the game type in a more coordinated setting yeah_ I am pretty sure Omni will be full our roster is relatively large so we can find the people without a problem. Hit up Eliteshooter if you want in idk if he has spots or not.

Posted Image

#47 Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted August 16 2014 - 05:36 AM

I am preferential against siege for TPG as compared to the other modes not because I don't enjoy it or because I don't think it's competitive, but because it can produce very long games.

TPG is still a casual league (at least from my perspective at the bottom of it). Last season every single match I played required at least one of the teams to scramble a bit to get people. If we can't get people to commit to to TDM games I fear what will happen if the matches have the potential to run for an hour or more.
On second thought let's not go to #hawkenscrim. Tis a silly place.
Watch me pretend to be good at Hawken (Twitch).
...And recordings thereof (Youtube)

#48 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 16 2014 - 05:57 AM

View PostHyginos, on August 16 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

TPG is still a casual league

:unsure:

Posted Image

#49 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted August 17 2014 - 01:03 PM

I for one prefer MA over Siege. I'm ok with TDM being the type though since starting spawns are less of an issue there (for example Frontline also has faster travel times depending on which base you start in to BOTH of the outer silo/EU trees.
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#50 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted August 19 2014 - 06:22 AM

Longest seige game I've been getting is into ~40 minutes.
Even the craziest matches (I've had a lot of crazy even seige matches this past week) don't go further than this.
What are the match length times others are getting_

#51 ScoobyHusky

ScoobyHusky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 08:13 AM

I would like to see some MA but no siege. Siege allows the better fighting team the opportunity to stomp. Alll they need to do is control AA and collect at the same time or just deny access to the EU.

Posted Image

#52 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 19 2014 - 11:59 AM

View Postcraftydus, on August 19 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

Even the craziest matches (I've had a lot of crazy even seige matches this past week) don't go further than this.

Depends on when you are asking. We haven't done any testing since the latest updates, but in previous iterations of the game mode there were matches that lasted upwards of 2 hours.

Posted Image

#53 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted August 19 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostLeonhardt, on August 19 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

Depends on when you are asking. We haven't done any testing since the latest updates, but in previous iterations of the game mode there were matches that lasted upwards of 2 hours.

I mean currently. I play seige matches everyday. My games never have passed 40-ish minutes. Asking if other players of the current seige are finding this also to be the case.

#54 hawkenus

hawkenus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted August 20 2014 - 02:14 AM

mode: Siege
Posted Image
so wet e-puzzy, y jelly_...

#55 PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationWestern Wisconsin

Posted August 22 2014 - 05:51 AM

Could we pester Weezle for testing siege on todays funtime friday_  should be enough tpg folks online for it.

I think Crafy is right, games won't last long.  In pro-street games like this omni would stomp out any other team in extremely short order.  The previous version of siege would have been better for league.

I SAY MA AND TDM !!!!!  WILL BE BEST

Edited by PoopSlinger, August 22 2014 - 05:55 AM.

#56 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted August 22 2014 - 03:56 PM

View Postcraftydus, on August 19 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

I mean currently. I play seige matches everyday. My games never have passed 40-ish minutes. Asking if other players of the current seige are finding this also to be the case.

Pub or scrim_

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#57 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted August 22 2014 - 06:30 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 15 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

Oh, almost forgot about this. Let's see. If you guys aren't lazy enough, I'd love to see the following people (who are elite players that played in the TPG and posted here) to tell us how many siege games they played:
OmegaNull
_incitatus
ThirdEye
Loc_TR
Xacius
Daronicus
Leonhardt
CounterlogicMan
breadeffect
Total number of games doesn't matter. Everyone here knows the finer points of all of the modes. Most of us played all of them for longer than you've been a member, and played each iteration of the such. Siege is cool and all, but I hate the idea of all 6 people being forced to go fight over a single point. Which is why I prefer MA. More dividing and conquering, with a lot of strategy and killing to go with it. Only issue with Siege and MA though, is that spawns matter too much, that most of the maps favor one side over the other.

Throwing it back at you, how much MA have you played_
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#58 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted August 22 2014 - 11:36 PM

View Post[HFC]Rei, on August 22 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

29! SUCK IT.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#59 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted August 23 2014 - 01:53 AM

View PostLeonhardt, on August 19 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

We haven't done any testing since the latest updates
lel

- lok'tar ogar -

#60 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 23 2014 - 06:52 AM

Total number of games doesn't matter.
What matters then_

Everyone here knows the finer points of all of the modes. Most of us played all of them for longer than you've been a member.
Lol, You just came 4 months before me. WTF dude. That's some real serious lack of evidence.

Siege is cool and all, but I hate the idea of all 6 people being forced to go fight over a single point. Which is why I prefer MA. More dividing and conquering, with a lot of strategy and killing to go with it.
TDM is cool and all but, while multiple great positions exist in each map, one team will be the first to reach one, and start doing the suppression cheeze (with a Z) until the other teams gets close and gets wrecked, or gets close and corners the team that's been holding that position, and they have nowhere to go as they might be so far from the center of the map.

And MA is also pretty cool but, it's less strategy, and more killing. A team could in 5 mins take all the silos, and then push the enemies back to their base, and keep them there, as they don't have to do anything else. Which is dumb. And if TPG will have MA as it's mode (which is clearly what's gonna happen as the dominant majority wants it) then that will be happening all day.

Only issue with Siege and MA though, is that spawns matter too much, that most of the maps favor one side over the other.
Spawns cheeze (with a Z) is at it's best in TDM and DM. For those modes, you spawn with a same distance from the AA and the points in both bases.

Which ones favor one side over the other_ Maybe last eco (one base it close to S1, and the other 1 is close to S2, but slightly further, maybe 2 secs further) but just slightly, and it's not a big deal AT ALL.

Even though you refused to tell me how many siege games you've played, here are how many MA games I played.

Posted Image

Edit: It would be very nice if YOU also tell me how many SG and MA games you played.

Edited by EliteShooter, August 23 2014 - 09:21 AM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users