HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

TPG Feedback: Gametypes

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 23 2014 - 10:20 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#62 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 23 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostLeonhardt, on August 23 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

Posted Image

Yea right ... he said that you guys have been playing siege more than I've been a member. And I just looked at a lot of profiles and I laughed a lot.

Posted Image

#63 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted August 23 2014 - 12:12 PM

I don't want this conversation descending into who's more qualified to speak than whom.  It's important to note that time played doesn't denote gametype familiarity/expertise as some sort of linear function - especially when neither of these gametypes is particularly novel.  I've experienced "Missile Assault" since UT99's domination mode, and "Siege" is simply a combination of (extremely) simple resource gathering + static king of the hill.

Let's not pretend that either of these modes demand strategic brilliance.

Edited by Nept, August 23 2014 - 12:15 PM.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#64 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 23 2014 - 12:40 PM

Yeah whatever, it's obvious since the start. You people don't want siege, and it won't happen. Whatever ... whatever ...

Posted Image

#65 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 23 2014 - 01:59 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 23 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

View PostLeonhardt, on August 23 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

Posted Image

Yea right ... he said that you guys have been playing siege more than I've been a member. And I just looked at a lot of profiles and I laughed a lot.

Notice how both are going to be electricuted equally_ I was not taking a side, just pointing at the electric fence.

Edited by Leonhardt, August 23 2014 - 01:59 PM.

Posted Image

#66 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted August 23 2014 - 03:02 PM

I´d love to participate, but my clan is not willing to play TPG anymore u_u.  I had to forfeit the last matches because my team was not complete. Anyway,  I´m totally sure most of my them would have preferred Siege over any other game mode.

What I see here is very simple: Top tier players, have a lot more experience in online gaming, and "King of the hill", "control the flag" modes are really common; For most of us, newbies in competitive gaming and not related with game design,  Siege is really fresh and interesting amalgam. Personally, I find quite entertaining and rewarding a good long siege match, Because at the end, I don´t judge the game for it´s simplicity, length, or it´s gamedesign flaws. but something simpler as the fun I get.

With that being said, I´m afraid, for competitive gaming, sometimes fun is not a priority, but a result. I think Siege lacks of serious competitive balance: Defensive gameplay wins. In pub matches, it is compensated with one or two players farming EU, trying to level up a mech, or simply not knowing a fuzzy bunny, but with an organized team, if they hold AA, they have that match won. because the maps are designed for defensive gameplay. place an incinerator and technician in the equation and well, the other team won´t see AA again. I already played several sieges with top tier teams, and I never set foot on AA.

TL;DR: Even when I love to play siege, it is not balanced for competitive gaming since defensive game is favoured. Top tier teams will fuzzy bunny everyone.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users