HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

These things need to get fixed

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 04:32 PM

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far."
Sentium or Prosk_
Repair Charge / Repair Kit values

#2 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted August 10 2014 - 04:38 PM

Did you also test Medium settings_ I'm curious if the same stuff appears in Medium as it does in High, only slightly less quality, or if it's somewhere between where some objects appear and others don't.

Posted Image

#3 HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 04:50 PM

I didn't test this on medium, but I do know that some objects that appear on high do not appear on medium.

The point of this video is that random invisible objects blocking your shots is not cool and can probably get you killed.
Sentium or Prosk_

#4 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted August 10 2014 - 05:58 PM

Your in exploration mode. This difference between graphics should not affect a match where your looking at your radar and mechs, not ad signs.

Why should this be fixed_

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#5 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:07 PM

I think some of that stuff actually blocks projectiles.
Not sure as I've never tested it myself.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#6 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:23 PM

The last 2 vids. the grenade bounced out, then back through the 'junk'. apparently the Low setting 'solid objects' are the default affecting physics here.  i would be curious as to just what sort of results using nepacaka's Ugly Graphics settings would produce. I'll bet they would be the true base for what the games physics operates on. Anything else is prolly just eye candy, i figure.
Just sayin'.
:)

Oh! and for that aiming glitch_ Likely it's positioning "cramp", similar to the way you can't go into repair mode on some maps (Origin, Frontline, Bunker), and have serious visual surveillance problems in others, if you are parked too near a wall (Bazaar, Facility, and again Bunker just for examples). "You can't shoot over there, from over here, Sonny!"
Sorta like not being able to set up the Gatlin Gun in Western Quake (Smokin' Guns) if you're too close to the graveyard wall. I believe its a UE problem.

Edited by EM1O, August 10 2014 - 06:32 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#7 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:25 PM

View PostMeraple, on August 10 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

Very funny, but does it actually matter in a combat situation_ Seriously, must these things be fixed or is it just a convenience_

Edited by IronClamp, August 10 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#8 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:29 PM

View PostIronClamp, on August 10 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

Very funny, but does it actually matter in a combat situation_ Seriously, must these things be fixed or is it just a convenience_

Firing a TOW which just explodes in your face as an A class thanks to such an obstacle. Lol.

On a serious note, I think the Devs are better off working on other things.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#9 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:35 PM

It absolutely makes a difference. Clear line of sight implies a clear firing line. Now imagine you're dueling someone and are at low health. Does it not matter when you go to shoot a TOW or a Grenade at the enemy a short distance in front of you and end up killing yourself instead because an invisible sign, pipe, or truck was 1m in front of you_

Edited by nokari, August 10 2014 - 06:42 PM.

Posted Image

#10 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:40 PM

Or, worse yet, presuming you were safely hidden, out of the line of fire on high graphics, and were actually a prime piece of meat target on an enemy's low graphics HEAT cannon....
:D
i think i'm gonna jack up my graphics card, and back the hell off on my Hawken Settings (LOW!)

edit: and yes, it DOES make a difference. the 'haze' on the carousel is even gone. altho i left the advanced graphics settings part Active, there is a stark improvement in clarity and less visual clutter/distractions (you'd be surprised at how much is no longer obscured with PhysX shut off too). :o

Edited by EM1O, August 10 2014 - 09:23 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#11 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 10 2014 - 10:34 PM

View PostEM1O, on August 10 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

Or, worse yet, presuming you were safely hidden, out of the line of fire on high graphics, and were actually a prime piece of meat target on an enemy's low graphics HEAT cannon....
:D
i think i'm gonna jack up my graphics card, and back the hell off on my Hawken Settings (LOW!)

edit: and yes, it DOES make a difference. the 'haze' on the carousel is even gone. altho i left the advanced graphics settings part Active, there is a stark improvement in clarity and less visual clutter/distractions (you'd be surprised at how much is no longer obscured with PhysX shut off too). :o
I should turn of my physX then, i have frame rate drops too often for comfort anyways...

#12 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 10 2014 - 11:03 PM

That last one, I know another one like that in frontline.

Posted Image

#13 SKamikazee

SKamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 06:53 AM

Like I've said before, maps need polish...and with the current meta redesigns would be nice too.

#14 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 01:50 PM

View Postnokari, on August 10 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

It absolutely makes a difference. Clear line of sight implies a clear firing line. Now imagine you're dueling someone and are at low health. Does it not matter when you go to shoot a TOW or a Grenade at the enemy a short distance in front of you and end up killing yourself instead because an invisible sign, pipe, or truck was 1m in front of you_

When is such an object actually in the way_ From what I saw in the video, this person was looking for specific spots where this occurs, such as areas on buildings that are not very easy to reach in the first place.

Most of you are thinking "Oh fuzzy bunny, that thing's in my way," but really most of the obstacles can be shot at, stomped on or plowed over and the problem would be solved.

You all are also probably going to hate me but I run my physics on high with Nvidia optimization and have an average ping of 95. Best graphics ever and I don't lag.

#15 HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostIronClamp, on August 11 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

When is such an object actually in the way_

Every one of those was specifically targeting an area you would actually be shooting at. None of them were out of the way. I've been blocked by them several times myself.

For example, in a recent game, I was on the bridge trying to shoot out a rocket turret with a KLA grenade placed at the spot I was standing at in the 5th clip, but after a couple shots I realized the grenades were just exploding in the air.

So yes, they do get in the way. Not ALL the time, but enough to be bothersome. There's no excuse why they can't just put something in their places, maybe low-quality versions of the models, to indicate that there IS something there.

Someone once said, "If it can block a player, or it can block a bullet, it should never be invisible".
Sentium or Prosk_

#16 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted August 11 2014 - 03:12 PM

View PostIronClamp, on August 11 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

When is such an object actually in the way_ From what I saw in the video, this person was looking for specific spots where this occurs, such as areas on buildings that are not very easy to reach in the first place.

How do you know the majority are hard to reach places or that people wouldn't regularly use them_ What if someone IS in those places_ Like a sniper or a Predator_
We also both know that hard to reach places are not the only spots where things turn invisible. As I mentioned there are things like trucks or little cloth overhangs in Bazaar, which are far more common. I can't count how many times I've shot at someone only for a mysterious explosion to appear out of thin air because I hit an invisible truck.

Most of you are thinking "Oh fuzzy bunny, that thing's in my way," but really most of the obstacles can be shot at, stomped on or plowed over and the problem would be solved.

You're mistakenly assuming those things not only have happened before you make every shot, that they don't respawn, and that most things are destroyable. A sign and a pipe are not destroyable in any way, and they're all over the place on some maps.

You all are also probably going to hate me but I run my physics on high with Nvidia optimization and have an average ping of 95. Best graphics ever and I don't lag.

Lag has nothing to do with this. I'm sure it's nice for you to be on high graphics, but the point here is that low graphics remove PHYSICAL objects that affect the way that people who don't have high graphics play. So maybe this doesn't concern you, but it concerns others who are affected by it.

Edited by nokari, August 11 2014 - 03:14 PM.

Posted Image

#17 hawkenus

hawkenus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted August 12 2014 - 03:08 AM

@ IronTROLL - please STFU if you have no idea what you are talking about...
the low mode have missing some stuff that block weapons that on ultra high didn't occur...
also low mode allow to look through some stuff that isn't possible on ultra high mode...

can't you just understand this you NVIDIA fanboy..._!
Posted Image
so wet e-puzzy, y jelly_...

#18 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted August 12 2014 - 01:25 PM

View Posthawkenus, on August 12 2014 - 03:08 AM, said:

NVIDIA fanboy

Bought my machine off the shelf with Nvidia, and then found out that Hawken had special Nvidia features.

View Posthawkenus, on August 12 2014 - 03:08 AM, said:

@ IronCLAMP - please STFU if you have no idea what you are talking about...

What you don't know is that I actually DO know what I'm talking about, and what you do know is that I'm mistaken.

I'm an irritating bastard aren't I_ Well say hello to Idaho.

#19 hawkenus

hawkenus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted August 13 2014 - 07:45 AM

So you just a TROLL... nothing less and nothing more...
Posted Image
so wet e-puzzy, y jelly_...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users