HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Dilemma of the Asian player.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Falkin

Falkin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted August 16 2014 - 10:31 PM

Hello my fellow Hawkeneers!
Greetings from India! (This is my first post)
I have been a HUGE fan of this amazing game. Hats off to the Dev team for giving us this amazing game.
I am not complaining or trying to be cynical, but me and a few of my asian friends continuously  experience a ping of 300+ while opponents had 50-80 ping. This, we find, is a huge disadvantage.
I tried other servers as well. They either didn't have any players, or I landed up with the same ping again.
Before I commenced playing, I heard that there were servers made exclusively for us Asians to get a playable ping. Cannot those servers be reinstated_
Just a thought...
I apologize if this is being discussed elsewhere.
Falkin.

#2 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 17 2014 - 12:04 AM

The problem is, there's just no population to fill the servers even if they're. We're averaging about 600 players in all regions online at any given time, which isn't not a big amount, especially when you account for the fact they may not all be playing (ie: They may be idles, or have launched but not logged in), and are spread out between 6 modes.

These days, it's pretty much limited to NA East and EU.

I can't fault you for wanting decent ping. The unfortunate reality is that if you want to get matches, you are probably going to have to deal with extremely high ping and the disadvantages that come with it.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#3 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted August 17 2014 - 12:07 AM

Yeah, I had a chance to play on the Singapore server, I can imagine what matchmaking must be like for you guys. There was like, 5 servers total and not a whole lot of people playing.

If you do decide to play in NA, get friendly with the rocketeer, is what I'm saying.

#4 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 17 2014 - 12:46 AM

Make friends, asian friends (not ajk :P), like 15 or something, always ask after games who's asian. Once you have a good number of friends, play with them; coop if not too many, or usual modes. Make a steam group for example, it makes it easier, you can use the steam voice chat too if you like, or just a public TS server, there are hundreds of free ones.

Posted Image

#5 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 02:57 AM

The Asiatic market has over 1 billion people {yes I'm being way conservative} and Hawken doesn't even make a dent...
You'd think with a map like Prosk there would be a flood of Asians eating it up.

I call it the Tokyo map.

Perhaps if Hawken makes more maps they should make maps similar to the target market_
Could you imagine an Indian inspired map_
Peruvian_
Scottish highlands_

I'm just saying it could make the game more relevant to the target audiences in those regions.
Maybe even a New York map_

#6 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted August 17 2014 - 05:28 PM

View PostFalkin, on August 16 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

But... But.... That's my line.... ;~;

But in all seriousness, the main issue Hawken is having is the small player count. If Hawken had more players from your region, I'm sure the devs would definitely be able to support your region better. Still, even in the core regions of Europe and East US, the player count is still fairly low. Unless we get more people playing, there's not gonna be many options of players for you to face, and less likely that there will be players from your region.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#7 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 06:53 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 17 2014 - 12:46 AM, said:

Make friends, asian friends (not ajk :P), like 15 or something, always ask after games who's asian. Once you have a good number of friends, play with them; coop if not too many, or usual modes. Make a steam group for example, it makes it easier, you can use the steam voice chat too if you like, or just a public TS server, there are hundreds of free ones.
This is exactly how you do it.
Posted Image

#8 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted August 17 2014 - 07:06 PM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on August 17 2014 - 02:57 AM, said:

The Asiatic market has over 1 billion people {yes I'm being way conservative} and Hawken doesn't even make a dent...
You'd think with a map like Prosk there would be a flood of Asians eating it up.

I call it the Tokyo map.

Perhaps if Hawken makes more maps they should make maps similar to the target market_
Peruvian_
Scottish highlands_

I'm just saying it could make the game more relevant to the target audiences in those regions.

No. No, no, no, no. No. This is Illal, not Earth. Even if it was, this all happens way in the future. I doubt even New York looks like New York, considering all the technological advancements that have been made since now.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#9 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 17 2014 - 07:54 PM

View PostFalkin, on August 16 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

Greetings from India! (This is my first post)
I have been a HUGE fan of this amazing game. Hats off to the Dev team for giving us this amazing game.
I am not complaining or trying to be cynical, but me and a few of my asian friends continuously  experience a ping of 300+ while opponents had 50-80 ping. This, we find, is a huge disadvantage.
I tried other servers as well. They either didn't have any players, or I landed up with the same ping again.
Before I commenced playing, I heard that there were servers made exclusively for us Asians to get a playable ping. Cannot those servers be reinstated_
Just a thought...
I apologize if this is being discussed elsewhere.
Falkin.
I'm from India as well. I usually play on the eu servers and get around 150 ping. You should join the Asia South hawken community on Facebook. It will help you see if someone is playing on the Asia South servers or not. We also have some 1v1 competitions organised by the admin.

#10 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 17 2014 - 07:59 PM

View PostAmidatelion, on August 17 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

Yeah, I had a chance to play on the Singapore server, I can imagine what matchmaking must be like for you guys. There was like, 5 servers total and not a whole lot of people playing.

If you do decide to play in NA, get friendly with the rocketeer, is what I'm saying.
Don't listen to this guy don't play in NA if you don't want 300 ping. Play on eu and avoid using rocketeer at ping higher than 200, and even while doing corner poking with a proper LOS curve the shots or u will damage yourself when you go back into cover(rockets will hit the wall in front of you the moment you get behind it).

We already have a steam group. (I can't edit my posts, my apologies).

I'll post a link in a few hours.

To the Facebook page, that is.

Edited by bad_wolf2013, August 17 2014 - 08:08 PM.

#11 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 17 2014 - 10:10 PM

http://www.facebook....57234741138773/
It is a closed group, I've let the others know.
PM your facebook profile name to me once the forums are working, or send me a friend request in hawken.

Edited by bad_wolf2013, August 17 2014 - 10:10 PM.

#12 Falkin

Falkin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 05:30 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 17 2014 - 12:04 AM, said:

The problem is, there's just no population to fill the servers even if they're. We're averaging about 600 players in all regions online at any given time, which isn't not a big amount, especially when you account for the fact they may not all be playing (ie: They may be idles, or have launched but not logged in), and are spread out between 6 modes.

These days, it's pretty much limited to NA East and EU.

I can't fault you for wanting decent ping. The unfortunate reality is that if you want to get matches, you are probably going to have to deal with extremely high ping and the disadvantages that come with it.

Thank you AsianJoyKiller for taking the time out to reply...
Here I come 350 ping!! :P

#13 Falkin

Falkin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 05:33 AM

Amidatelion!
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
Rocketeer helps with high ping_ The hellfire and seekers are any good_ Are you saying so because of the 'lock on target' function_
A little more guidance would be really helpful.
Thanks again. :-)

#14 Falkin

Falkin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 05:36 AM

Hello Eliteshooter!
*cough cough* What are TS servers_ And how (And from where) do I access them_ Sorry for asking this brilliant question. :(
And thank you for replying. :)

#15 Falkin

Falkin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 05:40 AM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on August 17 2014 - 02:57 AM, said:

I call it the Tokyo map.

Peruvian_
Scottish highlands_

Wow! That is some idea!
My son keeps showing me such maps and scenarios from different cities around the globe on Subway surfers. ;)
Maybe that would take time, but would simply ROCK if implemented!
As far as immediate action is concerned, I hope they get the Asian servers back up again or I shall end up getting a squinted eye from aiming away from the enemy! :D
Thanks for the reply man!
I appreciate it!

#16 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 18 2014 - 05:40 AM

View PostFalkin, on August 18 2014 - 05:33 AM, said:

Rocketeer helps with high ping_ The hellfire and seekers are any good_ Are you saying so because of the 'lock on target' function_
More or less. Your line-of-sight fired weapons will travel where you shoot them, however a high ping becomes critical: a 250 millisecond delay means you just shot at where your target was 250ms ago, and it will see where it hit 250ms after you fire. bad.
Lockon weps are targeted by the system at its "home", or Zero ping, no delay. You still have the visual & reaction time, but the server will track the target directly. Bruiser will work for this, as well as contact detonated weps such as RevGL or Infil/Gren/VanG bouncy balls, and EOC mines.
:)

Edited by EM1O, August 18 2014 - 05:48 AM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#17 Falkin

Falkin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 05:43 AM

View Postbad_wolf2013, on August 17 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

http://www.facebook....57234741138773/
It is a closed group, I've let the others know.
PM your facebook profile name to me once the forums are working, or send me a friend request in hawken.
I most certainly will!
Thats so very kind of you.
Thank you! :)

#18 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted August 18 2014 - 05:45 AM

Amidatelion!
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
The Rocketeer is the only mech with two homing type weapons so it is more forgiving to players with a high ping because you can mostly let the weapons do the aiming for you.

View PostFalkin, on August 18 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

What are TS servers_
TS = Team Speak
It's free to download/install the client on your computer. You use the TS client to connect to any TS server.

Edited by mmm_yep, August 18 2014 - 05:46 AM.

#19 Falkin

Falkin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 05:51 AM

View PostEM1O, on August 18 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:

More or less. Your line-of-sight fired weapons will travel where you shoot them, however a high ping becomes critical: a 250 millisecond delay means you just shot at where your target was 250ms ago, and it will hit 250ms after you fire. bad.
Lockon weps are targeted by the system at its "home", or Zero ping, no delay. You still have the visual & reaction time, but the server will track the target directly. Bruiser will work for this, as well as contact detonated weps such as RevGL or Infil/Gren/VanG bouncy balls, and EOC mines.
Thank you for the guidance EM10!
That's really valuable information for me.
No wonder my TOW rockets are mere fireworks! :P
I think now I get the point! ATM, i feel, I mustn't complain about the high ping but learn to find a way out.
Bruiser has hellfire and SMG I guess.
Let me check it out.
Thanks again for the tip EM10! :)

#20 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 18 2014 - 06:06 AM

View PostFalkin, on August 18 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

View PostEM1O, on August 18 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:

More or less. Your line-of-sight fired weapons will travel where you shoot them, however a high ping becomes critical: a 250 millisecond delay means you just shot at where your target was 250ms ago, and it will hit 250ms after you fire. bad.
Thank you for the guidance EM10!
That's really valuable information for me.
No wonder my TOW rockets are mere fireworks! :P
I think now I get the point! ATM, i feel, I mustn't complain about the high ping but learn to find a way out.
Bruiser has hellfire and SMG I guess.
Let me check it out.
Thanks again for the tip EM10! :)
I suggest that you start using the bruiser as well, it will help you practice with hitscan weapon otherwise you will end up like me( no hitscan, too much leading of weapons :( ). Can't use anything other than eoc, revgl and all secondaries. I'm having a hard time practicing with the brawler.

Edited by bad_wolf2013, August 18 2014 - 06:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users